PokeMMO Autumn Showdown 2016: Qualifier Thread

Kurodashi

The PokeMMO Autumn Showdown

The PokeMMO Autumn Showdown will give players the chance to fight over 10 weeks in this Never Used tournament series.

The Participants will be given the Chance to battle it out for Tickets to the grand finale in December!

Who will emerge on top as the best player of the Never Used tier?

Link to main thread:

This Thread will be used for all Qualifiers. Additionally to following a set Schedule, qualifers will be anounced a few days in advance. Any questions concerning the autumn series qualifiers may be posted in this thrad.

Details:

Automated Tournament

Single Battle

64 Players 

6v6 NU

Date & Time

Schedule

1st Qualifier: October 2nd (Automated Tournament - 64 Participants)

2nd Qualifier: October 9th (Automated Tournament - 64 Participants)

3rd Qualifier: October 16th (Automated Tournament - 64 Participants)

4th Qualifier: October 23rd (Automated Tournament - 64 Participants)

5th Qualifier: October 30th (Automated Tournament - 64 Participants)

6th Qualifier: November 6th (Automated Tournament - 64 Participants)

7th Qualifier: November 13th (Automated Tournament - 64 Participants)

8th Qualifier: November 20th (Automated Tournament - 64 Participants)

8 pm GMT | 4pm EDT

Registration will open 15 minutes prior to the tournament. You will be able to register for a tournament on the top floor of a Pokemon Centre, through the battle PC. The PC you need is the one on the right, which I am standing in front of in the picture below. You can also register for the tournament by clicking the PvP menu option (Masterball icon on the bottom right of your client).

Due to the popularity of the last tournament series we will not be allowing players who already have an invite to participate in the subsequent Qualifiers. This does not include RESERVE invite holders. 

Clauses:

Evasion / Sleep / OHKO / Unique Species / Self-KO / OP Item

Tournament Clauses Explained

Banned Pokemon:

Dragonite | Dugtrio | Gengar | Salamence | Tyranitar | Wobbuffet | Blissey

Aerodactyl | Alakazam | Arcanine | Blaziken | Chansey | Charizard | Milotic

Cloyster | Dusclops | Espeon | Flygon | Forretress | Gardevoir | Gyarados

Heracross | Jolteon | Kingdra | Ludicolo | Magneton | Medicham | Metagross

Porygon2 | Rhydon | Skarmory | Slowbro | Snorlax | Starmie | Swampert

Tauros | Umbreon | Ursaring | Vaporeon | Venusaur | Weezing | Breloom

Hariyama | Linoone | Machamp | Marowak | Slaking | Houndoom | Dodrio

Altaria | Ampharos | Armaldo | Azumarill | Clefable | Cradily | Donphan 

Hitmonlee | | Nidoqueen | Zangoose | Kangaskhan | Lanturn | Scizor

Manectric | Nidoking | Omastar | Pikachu | Sceptile | Slowking | Sneasel

Steelix | Swellow | Tentacruel | Vileplume | Jynx | Houndoom | Quagsire 

Crawdaunt | Hypno | Crobat  | Exeggutor | Haunter | Miltank | Aggron

Meganium | Feraligatr | Typhlosion | Lapras

Banned Moves:

Baton Pass

First Place Prize:

Autumn Showdown Invite

&

1,000,000 Pokeyen or 1000 Reward Points

Second Place Prize:

Autumn Showown Invite

&

500,000 Pokeyen or 500 Reward Points

Third Place Prize:

Reserve Invite

&

250,000 Pokeyen or 250 Reward Points

Personalised signatures will also be provided to first and second place.

http://i.imgur.com/omXpGxk.gif

Additional Notes:

• Disconnecting during a match will result in a DQ (only applies if you fail to reconnect).
  • Do not block the Staff running the Event. If you disregard requests for you to unblock staff members then you will be disqualified.
39 minutes ago, whilt said:

ok so staff opens 128 slots for a gulpin tourney but not when it actually matters?

Tournament series with a 64-man qualifier introduces a bit more exclusivity and allows for less RNG to take its toll against better players. Prior qualifier tournaments were only 32-man, so it's already one round longer to get an invite. 

3 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Tournament series with a 64-man qualifier introduces a bit more exclusivity and allows for less RNG to take its toll against better players. Prior qualifier tournaments were only 32-man, so it's already one round longer to get an invite. 

That mechanism would only introduce a faulty 'exclusivity' since registration does not at all discriminate the 'better' players from those otherwise. As a matter of fact, I know of 'better' players (e.g. Laz and Vector from my team alone) who were denied slots. So this lack contributes to an uncompetitive scenario just as much as RNG does (if not more) and reduces it to a game of chance or who can register faster. 

6 minutes ago, whilt said:

That mechanism would only introduce a faulty 'exclusivity' since registration does not at all discriminate the 'better' players from those otherwise. As a matter of fact, I know of 'better' players (e.g. Laz and Vector from my team alone) who were denied slots. So this lack contributes to an uncompetitive scenario just as much as RNG does (if not more) and reduces it to a game of chance or who can register faster. 

did u leave rise again 

Congrats to Forfiter for winning round one of the Autumn Showdown and earning a spot in the finals in December!

Shout out to YettoDie for comming in second and also earning a spot in the finals in December!

Honorable mention to IFrankieI and LKrenz, who are atleast guarantied a spot in the reserve tournament but can still compete for more!

http://i.imgur.com/sHSp1o0.png

Next Qualifier will be held next Sunday, stay tuned!

(keep in mind this thread will be used for all qualifiers)

2 hours ago, whilt said:

That's why there are 8 qualifiers

3 hours ago, Kurodashi said:

Thought about giving them out all at once after week eight when we have all finalists tbh

I would advise against this unless @Darkshade is making them each week and you're just keeping them hidden.  

One of the reasons we didn't get the doubles series invite sigs was because ds got asked to do them all at once and they're just too time consuming for that to be plausible. 

tl;dr Churn them out week by week