Team RNG is in desperate need of your help!

gbwead

f1f126dca1d42b6d3e40be30245c16f0.png

There is a big debate in team RNG right now. Schuchty thinks that, in a 1v1 situation, Slowbro has more chance to win if it spams Psychic. I personally think Slowbro should do Surf first and then Psychic in order to get better winning odds. Sorry for name dropping, but I really need the help of the best players of this community (@dedegendut@Tranzmaster and others) to figure out who is right between Schuchty and I. 

Edited by gbwead
Just now, Tranzmaster said:

is e4 abbreviation of eloyriptor?

Also nvm first comment, >swarm

Pretty sure Eloy is much more difficult than non-buffed elite four... Your sig says enough though, if even an admin who doesn't play this game, laughs at you dying in elite four...

you must be really bad

1 minute ago, RysPicz said:

Pretty sure Eloy is much more difficult than non-buffed elite four... Your sig says enough though, if even an admin who doesn't play this game, laughs at you dying in elite four...

you must be really bad

I see it still hurts.

back to back top 8 in official OU tho

stay salty

Edited by Tranzmaster
Just now, Tranzmaster said:

I see it still hurts.

back to back top 8 in official OU tho

stay salty

Wow you're so good omg I wanna be like you

Spoiler

jk I don't wanna be bad

Spoiler

and go through rounds because my opponets did not show up

Spoiler

or hax them

Spoiler

and still stay bad

If Surf then Psychic:

Win condition is for Heracross to get fully para'd/miss on either turn 1 or 2. The odds of this is 59.6%. Also, you lose if you crit Surf (6.25%), or a crit megahorn on turn 2, which isn't a concern for psychic (because it's dead no matter what lol). Your chance of victory is roughly ~ 52.4%. (it's actually a little higher because i calculated the odds for the crit megahorn in the laziest way possible)

If Psychic x2:

Win condition is to either crit (6.25%) or for Heracross to get fully para'd/miss on ONLY TURN 2 (36.25%). Because of Swarm, regardless of whether he hits or misses the first Megahorn, you lose as long as he hits on turn 2. Your chance of victory is ~40.3%.

In both cases, you lose to a Crit Megahorn turn 1 (6.25%), so it's irrelevant to the discussion.

There you go, ez.

Edited by Senile
fixed
  • Mike locked this topic