Everstones buyable with BP

Mike

Question

The reason why I am making this is because the prizes for everstones are stupid. Now an alternate way of getting them would be nice. Seeing as everstones are needed for breeding I would see why not make them purchasable with BP. With BP you can already purchase drugs and I think everstones wouldn't hurt. I am sure PvP players who have a small budget but still like to breed would appreciate this, since they would be able to get their everstones through matchmaking. 

Like maybe 800 BP for 1 everstone.

It was a small idea I had, discuss

21 answers to this question

This is a good idea however would need to be implemented carefully as to not destroy the everstones value.  Well seeing as Mystery Boxes sell for about 200k yen and cost 7500 BP that makes 1 BP equal to 27~ yen each. Taking the everstones current value and placing it into this formula makes it cost 925 BP.   However we want to encourage people to still farm the everstones and only use BP as sort of a convenience thing.  That's why I find the 1000 BP price point to be very realistic. 

5 minutes ago, Xatu said:

This is a good idea however would need to be implemented carefully as to not destroy the everstones value.  Well seeing as Mystery Boxes sell for about 200k yen and cost 7500 BP that makes 1 BP equal to 27~ yen each. Taking the everstones current value and placing it into this formula makes it cost 925 BP.   However we want to encourage people to still farm the everstones and only use BP as sort of a convenience thing.  That's why I find the 1000 BP price point to be very realistic. 

I was moreso thinking to a smaller BP item such as protein, which is 275BP and sells for around 8k. 3x275=825 BP and 3x8k=24k which is the price of the current everstones.

Either way around 800 BP would be nice

19 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Fuck that, Everstone is so 'Over-Valued" right now. People are having to chuck out 25-30k for 1 stone. It doesn't seem like a big deal to most of us because we can afford it but that's really discouraging to new/less experienced players who are trying to get into breeding. Everstones are an important part of breeding a potentially great pokemon, but that doesn't mean the prices should be unbearably inflated. I think BP for everstones would be a great idea. 

Edited by XkWreckem
9 hours ago, LiquidFrost said:

How about making them available at daycare itself for 20k each? 

Because having a static value would completely fuck up the market. 

10 hours ago, DarylDixon said:

another idea is to put butterfreee/venonat/yanma ability 50% to get a pokemon with item... it's impossible to farm everstones too..

The compound eyes ability would be pretty pointless considering everyone would be basically forced to use it.  Farming everstones really isnt toobad considering if you farm on island 1 or someplace like that you get fossils and everstones pretty consistently.  On average you probably get about 200k/h. 

10 hours ago, XkWreckem said:

Fuck that, Everstone is so 'Over-Valued" right now.

Something being "overvalued" doesnt make it a bad thing, it actually benefits the economy and encourages people to hunt even if the value is higher. 

People are having to chuck out 25-30k for 1 stone. It doesn't seem like a big deal to most of us because we can afford it but that's really discouraging to new/less experienced players who are trying to get into breeding.

Yeah not really, 25k is just barely more than what 2 braces cost.  n00bs shouldnt be breeding till they get a little bit of money together.  Just getting to island 4 amassing quite a bit of yen.  They should have atleast 1m~ when they get there.

Everstones are an important part of breeding a potentially great pokemon, but that doesn't mean the prices should be unbearably inflated. I think BP for everstones would be a great idea. 

25k isnt unbearably inflated.  Something like 100k would be.  The value was always 18-20k before.

10 hours ago, TheChampionMike said:

I was moreso thinking to a smaller BP item such as protein, which is 275BP and sells for around 8k. 3x275=825 BP and 3x8k=24k which is the price of the current everstones.

Either way around 800 BP would be nice

You re low balling.  Sine we know the market has a general value we need to high ball the value as to not fuck the market over.  We want people to hunt still, not just use this method to get everstones and we need to give some sort of incentive to the everstone hunters.  1k BP is the perfect value. 

3 hours ago, Xatu said:

You re low balling.  Sine we know the market has a general value we need to high ball the value as to not fuck the market over.  We want people to hunt still, not just use this method to get everstones and we need to give some sort of incentive to the everstone hunters.  1k BP is the perfect value. 

If anything this would bring back the old prize of everstones back to 20k ish. People hunted them actively when it was even down a bit to 18k. I am just saying 800BP would make more sense seeing as drugs sell like hotcakes and so will everstones. Now I am not saying 1k BP isn't a bad price. I wouldn't mind if that is going to be the prize. But it isn't fucking over the market if it would bring back the old values. Although I do agree matchmaking being 500 BP each and if you are moderately good at comp you can get easy BP. So anything around 800-1000 BP.

Guys who've been playing the game for like 10 minutes need to sit down and shut up. The whole point of this post is because the Everstone price currently is out of control, ever since GTL has been implemented they sat around 15-20K then now suddenly they're going up and up. Would be cool to have it implemented so you could even buy them for 20k off the daycare chick like you do with braces etc.

6 hours ago, Parke said:

Guys who've been playing the game for like 10 minutes need to sit down and shut up. The whole point of this post is because the Everstone price currently is out of control, ever since GTL has been implemented they sat around 15-20K then now suddenly they're going up and up. Would be cool to have it implemented so you could even buy them for 20k off the daycare chick like you do with braces etc.

I wouldnt classify 5k above the regular value as "out of control".  Those first people who farm the everstones set the value.  Every person that lists after them decreases it slightly.  All it would take is more people to farm for it to be back to its original value.  Or i could just buy up every everstone on the market and list for 100k each, thus setting the value at 100k.  It's just simple economics.  Those who farm items like this deserve that extra little 5k.  They also deserve the freedom to set the price they deem is fair, afterall, they put the time and energy into getting the item.

Which bring me to my next point.  Having everstones have a static value from an NPC is completely lame to any who farm it.  It guarantees that they will never get more than that static value.  Thats no fun at all.

2 hours ago, Xatu said:

I wouldnt classify 5k above the regular value as "out of control".  Those first people who farm the everstones set the value.  Every person that lists after them decreases it slightly.  All it would take is more people to farm for it to be back to its original value.  Or i could just buy up every everstone on the market and list for 100k each, thus setting the value at 100k.  It's just simple economics.  Those who farm items like this deserve that extra little 5k.  They also deserve the freedom to set the price they deem is fair, afterall, they put the time and energy into getting the item.

Which bring me to my next point.  Having everstones have a static value from an NPC is completely lame to any who farm it.  It guarantees that they will never get more than that static value.  Thats no fun at all.

What the hell fun means to you lmao. Go ahead and buy all everstone you wont sell any at 100k or nothing close to that price.

Which bring me to my next point shut up already with the "it will break the economy" a static value wouldnt be troublesome at all and the poor people like me who starts breeding a perfect comp with 400k will still go hunt for those everstones to save a bit of cash and finish the breed sooner.

3 minutes ago, Thunderprime said:

Which bring me to my next point shut up already with the "it will break the economy" a static value wouldnt be troublesome at all and the poor people like me who starts breeding a perfect comp with 400k will still go hunt for those everstones to save a bit of cash and finish the breed sooner.

The price on the GTL would go down to below-NPC level so they're sellable and then you'd probably be better off buying them at that lower price.

It's unlikely that people would still actively hunt them with a static price of 20k, but there would still be plenty of them picked up passively and then sold on the GTL when they aren't wanted.

You might be 'literally' saving cash by hunting for them manually, but you'd probably break even or get more money than they're worth by putting that time into grinding the money itself at that point.

So it definitely wouldn't be a positive for the economy or the Everstone market.

Anyway, onto the actual topic itself and to give a slightly more detailed explanation;

This games' economy (and also the economy of most MMOs) is built upon the idea of player to player trades.

Which this suggestion would damage rather quickly.

The economy works because players who participate in different aspects of the game obtain goods that players in other aspects are in need of.

They then trade with each other (whether it be through the GTL or directly) to obtain desired goods or money (used to purchase desired goods).

By placing Everstones in a BP Shop or Mart, you immediately cut out the middle man and a method of making money that a lot of players rely on.

Ontop of that, by placing them at any kind of static price, they no longer scale with the rest of the economy, leaving them susceptable to becoming cheaper as a whole (which isn't something we want).

Everstones are rather sought after due to them being used a lot in the breeding process, making them the perfect item for these kind of player to player trades.

You're going to have to interact with other players who play different roles within the game for the sake of a healthy economy, player interaction and overall varied gameplay.

MMOs rely heavily on trade such as this, much like the real world economy.

You can see this concept played out through mechanics such as Berry Growing also.

There is also some exaggeration going on in this thread - an Everstone is nowhere near 'impossible' to obtain, it has a pretty good held rate on some fairly common species (which collectively appear at over 50% in some areas)

I'm sure it would be convenient for a lot of people if they could obtain an Everstone through BP or within a Mart; but there seems to be some oversight as to the effects this would have on trade and money making methods for other players - Everstones are a fairly reliable one for players who have been playing for all lengths of time both because of their reasonably common appearance rate and the large demand from players for them.

As for the increase in price, this is likely due to some minor inflation, or perhaps a current higher demand than there is supply (Although looking at the GTL right now, I'm not seeing any above 25k on average).

If the former is the case, then they're not any more 'valuable' than they were beforehand.

Regardless, we'll take a look into it - but the inclusion of Everstones in any form of a Mart is not a good idea.

4 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Ur such a nerd DS jesus. But I understand, it makes sense I guess. Although it might have just been me but I hunted for over 3 hours and only got 1 stone. Might just be my utter shit RNG but this was also a reason why I made this thread. 

Anyway I do have to agree with you.

Quadcopter hat when Darkshade?

Edited by TheChampionMike
7 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

Ur such a nerd DS jesus. But I understand, it makes sense I guess. Although it might have just been me but I hunted for over 3 hours and only got 1 stone. Might just be my utter shit RNG but this was also a reason why I made this thread.

I don't say this in any way that accuses you of lying, but that is statistically fairly unlikely - that is some horrible RNG.

I'll claim the nerd title though.

9 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

Quadcopter hat when Darkshade?

After the Fruit Truck Hat.

5 minutes ago, Nobarsmcgee said:

oh he means the pokes that hold the item, i thought he meant its 50% held in certain places

Yeah, the species holding them collectively appears at that rate.

1 minute ago, Darkshade said:

After the Fruit Truck Hat.

Better make one or else that bed will eat you up :)

2 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

I don't say this in any way that accuses you of lying, but that is statistically fairly unlikely - that is some horrible RNG.

Yeah I am not lying, I have heard more people say they were hunting for around 2 hours and only getting 1 hardstone or something stupid like that.

I also wanted to comment on the valuation of 800 bp. That valuation only makes sense if the value of everstones remained the same after the implementation of this. On the contrary though, the value of everstones would drop as demand would fall (players don't have to trade other people for them, and some players will be inefficient and still buy everstones with bp regardless) and supply would rise, thus lowering the cost of everstones on the gtl overall. So in the end, players would choose to still take vitamins (or whatever other item that they find that can produce the greatest bp to yen ratio) over everstones for bp, sell the vitamins, and buy the cheaper everstones on the gtl. The price would eventually stabilize around a slightly slower price than the current prices (which would obviously be worse than the 24k that you could get out of vitamins for the same bp).

Personally, I don't support this idea. It's not like you need a crap load of everstones for a breed (like you do for braces), and I think their current price is completely fair, and even surprising, honestly. Yen is soooo much easier to get now, yet the price of everstones has remained at their historical cost of around 20k. It just goes to show that there will always be players who choose to be inefficient in their game play.

bump:

Please consider adding another option to farm everstones in this game (be it with BP or anything else you think is fair)

Everstone requirements:

_To have a stupid dedicated pokemon

_To do mindless up/downs for hours

_To sit through all those unwanted encounters

_To sit through all that slow as **** text

_To be able to endure 1h of NOTHING if you're not in your lucky day

I haven't met anyone who didn't think everstone farming is absolute pain, and even now (2 months after this topic) everstone are still 21k on the GTL

If you want to incentivise players to BREED please give some thought to the everstone situation

And I would add that if you were to farm everstone at a  normal rate for approximately the same money as 31 farming, you should expect a price of 15K/everstone, not 20k as said above

20-25k is/was only because gym re-battling is/was prioritized over everstone farming so much that the offer/demand ratio got moved down.

Do you know any other "common" item people would be willing to pay 33% (at best!)  too much for ?

None because no other item has such a terrible farm system