Change the item needed for Swords Dance Tutor

RysPicz

Question

d294d2de1d765af1f1b4e8d6ef88274e.png

This is how the situation looks like during past few weeks. It's just insanely and disgustingly difficult to obtain one needed stick for SD, which is by far one of most common moves in our metagame. It's difficult to obtain (compared to other moves) because:

*Farfetchd's encounter rate is really low. I've been hunting for one for like 30 mins now (along with pickup-ing Teddiursa- haven't found one).

*Stick's held rate, which also seems to be really low.

*Pickup rate, which also seems to be low.

*Unable to obtain through storyline.

Compared to other tutor tutor moves, it's pretty obscure to me, why- for example- Rock Slide costs 2 Hard Stones which are easily obtainable through both pickup and very common encounter, or Substitute costs 1 Silk Scarf, which can also be obtained through storyline.

Getting into comp scene is very difficult already, please don't make getting necessary moves as difficult too. I think it would benefit us to either change it to an item which is either a bit more easily obtainable (I dunno, Sharp Beak? Up-Grade? Maybe even Shell Bell?) due to encounter rate or thanks to storyline.

Thoughts?

Edited by RysPicz

15 answers to this question

The biggest issue I have with this game is that the only part I actually find enjoyable is comp, but it's too ridiculously expensive or tedious to make a new comp poke.  
Making a change to make Swords Dance more affordable would be one small change to make things a little bit less of a pain in the ass, and it's the little changes that this game needs right now.  The core mechanics of a fun game are there, it just needs some tweaking. 
75k is definitely way too much for a single move though. 

Edited by DaftKitteh

Does the farfetchd you get from trading that girl a spearow never have a stick now? I'd probably consider that part of the storyline and I remember when the new move tutor system was first implemented, I went through some of my alts that were up to vermilion and just traded a few spearows and got a few sticks. 

4 hours ago, BurntZebra said:

Does the farfetchd you get from trading that girl a spearow never have a stick now? I'd probably consider that part of the storyline and I remember when the new move tutor system was first implemented, I went through some of my alts that were up to vermilion and just traded a few spearows and got a few sticks. 

Not sure but I think devs removed that stick, they even removed a NPC in dewford that used to give out a free Everstone so yeah

6 hours ago, BurntZebra said:

They deleted it- I checked it myself on one of my alts

2 hours ago, LifeStyle said:

Not sure but I think devs removed that stick, they even removed a NPC in dewford that used to give out a free Everstone so yeah

It was a silk scarf, not everstone. It bugs me though, because 4x more expensive item than a Silk Scarf (Exp Share) is obtainable through Hoenn storyline as early as Silk Scarf...

Edited by RysPicz
Fixed quote
1 hour ago, RysPicz said:

It was a silk scarf, not everstone. It bugs me though, because 4x more expensive item than a Silk Scarf (Exp Share) is obtainable through Hoenn storyline as early as Silk Scarf...

Oh ye Silk Scarf my bad, I literally wrote this after waking up hue

I'm not sure about the rate for everyone else finding them. But from my experience in farming them just today, I found 10 within the span of 3 hours (To which probably 50%-75% of the time was actually taken up responding to peoples' questions and idle chatter, instead of outright farming.) at Route 13, in the little patch of grass you get to by cutting the tree near the Beauty trainers. I had a lvl. 100 Meowth with me for Pickup, Pay Day for a little extra money, Fake Out/Return when I ran out of PP for Pay Day, and Hyper Voice to KO the occasional hordes. I sold 4 Sticks on the GTL for 50k each, and got them sold in less than the amount of time for the GTL window to close and to be re-opened to look at my listings. Still have 6 left over, just in case I find someone who's looking for one. For the held rate for them, I caught about 10-12 Farfetch'd, and got Sticks from probably 5-6 of them, while the others were from Pickup. I'm not sure if I just got lucky with RNG or something, but I thought I'd post my experience on finding them from just today.

3 hours ago, RysPicz said:

They deleted it- I checked it myself on one of my alts

Check on more than one alt? I suspect the rate might be the same as the wild encounters 

stick in ch'ding was removed 100%

i agree w change things about this move like the needed item or the rate of farfech.Today i was lf one stick and didnt get any in +1hr. Ended buying one for fucking 70k cuz in 1hr i can make more money than that in the time i farm for one for maself