[GTL] Change the way the taxing system works

Parke

Question

14 answers to this question

1 hour ago, ragstal said:

I would like that too, but the good thing is that ur item can be up for as long you want, altho someone said in another post that after 1-2 weeks of inactivity u lose the item/poke dunno if that is true..i still need confirmation.

I have pokes/items that been there for more than 2 weeks. You are able to claim them back if they don't sell.

1 hour ago, ragstal said:

I would like that too, but the good thing is that ur item can be up for as long you want, altho someone said in another post that after 1-2 weeks of inactivity u lose the item/poke dunno if that is true..i still need confirmation.

you dont lose them after a certain amount of times you'll be able to claim them (even relist em) who ever said that you lose them is either misunderstood or trolling.

I hope they don't even consider this.

GTL is flooded with mega-overpriced Pokemon and items, like that 'le master trole' who listed the Antidote for $5m. The only way to dissuade people from doing that, and ruining the market function in the process, is the initial fee you have to pay. Otherwise, I'm sure the top twenty pages would be [redacted specific team name] members listing 0x31 Magikarp for $69m.

Never disagreed with a feature idea as strongly as this one.

1 hour ago, Parke said:

& for all who're saying it defeats the purpose about shit being overpriced etc etc.... yen grinding isnt exactly hard, if you wanted to list a "shit" pokemon for 1m etc thats 50K tax, which you could EASILY make in like 10 minutes by doing a gym run. 

Well obviously, but people are generally less inclined to something if it costs them any money over something which does not.

This also scales with how expensive you wanted to make the price.

Ontop of that, the GTL also acts as a money sink.

10 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Well obviously, but people are generally less inclined to something if it costs them any money over something which does not.

This also scales with how expensive you wanted to make the price.

Ontop of that, the GTL also acts as a money sink.

I guess you're kinda right in that sense. But listing something and having to pay say 200K tax, then having to relist it because it's not selling and paying another 180K etc... is kinda stupid imo, even an update that like amends the tax that you've already paid so you're not having to pay the same amount of tax over again. I understand it's a moneysink, and thats fine but the fact it takes yen if say youre amending the price of a shiny etc is kinda dumb imo.

imo maybe like divide the tax into 2, pay once before selling and once after selling

pros:

- people bad with prices can gain experience by experimenting prices, if their stuff isn't selling (overprice), they can withdraw, lose half of the fees and relist for a cheaper price

- there wont be shit pokemon selling for 10mil because you still have to pay fees before listing

Edited by jasonoon95