PokeMMO Community Combat

Munya

Announcement:

Starting this coming week, Doubles will be added to the Community Combat weekly lineup.  Doubles will be held on Thursdays during the same timezone that the OU match of that week was held on, so for the first week of it it will be AEDT since this coming weeks OU will be in the AEDT time-slot.  Everything else that the normal tier follows will also be the case for these so AEDT/AEST will be 32 player brackets with 500k/250k/125k prizes and the other two timezones will be 64 player brackets with 800k/400k/200k prizes.

8 hours ago, Munya said:

Announcement:

Starting this coming week, Doubles will be added to the Community Combat weekly lineup.  Doubles will be held on Thursdays during the same timezone that the OU match of that week was held on, so for the first week of it it will be AEDT since this coming weeks OU will be in the AEDT time-slot.  Everything else that the normal tier follows will also be the case for these so AEDT/AEST will be 32 player brackets with 500k/250k/125k prizes and the other two timezones will be 64 player brackets with 800k/400k/200k prizes.

@DoctorPBC happy? kek 

May have been a better place to post it here:

In short: 500 BP Requirement is a hassle more than a sink. The brackets struggle to fill up as it is, let alone when people forget they've not got the measly 500 BP to enter.

Remove the requirement, remove the frustration, fill the brackets.

I saw it, and a part of the problem is, the BP isn't there for no reason.  Its to give regular players who aren't going to enter with there butterfrees and beedrills something to do every week since 500 bp isn't hard at all to obtain even for those players if they truly want to spent the 500 bp to compete. But its also there to boost the prize.  If the BP wasn't there, the overall prize pool would have been 600k smaller than it is now, you'd be looking at 64 player brackets with a prize the size of the current 32 player brackets, if BP signups were removed or hadn't existed.

RIP. Keep trying to sign up to these things with dumb troll teams just to find out I don't have any BP.

Can you just let me get first rounded in peace?

Edit: Also 31/32 for Community Combat doubles at a timezone nobody cares about. LF "The community doesn't like doubles" peoples response to this.

Edited by Rendiz
Because I Can.
12 minutes ago, Rendiz said:

RIP. Keep trying to sign up to these things with dumb troll teams just to find out I don't have any BP.

Can you just let me get first rounded in peace?

Edit: Also 31/32 for Community Combat doubles at a timezone nobody cares about. LF "The community doesn't like doubles" peoples response to this.

Thats actually a pretty solid turnout for the timezone.  OU fills, UU and NU would be lucky to reach 31/32.

17 minutes ago, Rendiz said:

That was my point. Clearly the community likes doubles more than some people seem to believe

There is no pokemon restriction in Doubles. The fact that everyone can play Doubles doesn't mean everyone likes Doubles. I am glad we get Doubles community combat, it is a good addition.

Community Combat #6

OU

Congratulations to TlucarioT for 1st place

xlFinisterralx for 2nd

chuur & Holywind for 3rd & 4th places

UU

Congratulations to Sebat for 1st Place

PredaKiller for 2nd

Tryss & Ozryel for 3rd & 4th places

NU

Congratulations to SidClassic for 1st Place

NikhilR for 2nd

NataliaJanas & Mnemosyne for 3rd and 4th

Doubles

Congratulations to Walpayer for 1st Place

fipp for 2nd

NataliaHeart & Elcoolio for 3rd and 4th

• 2 weeks later...

Community Combat #7

OU

Congratulations to LucasCisneros for 1st place

Pablobacas for 2nd

AllillixD & Yaritan for 3rd & 4th places

UU

Congratulations to RickAlvarez for 1st Place

MrGenaro for 2nd

chicoxana & SikaTenay for 3rd & 4th places

NU

Congratulations to enchanteur for 1st Place

yosoyarca for 2nd

Holywind & LKrenz for 3rd and 4th

Doubles

Congratulations to enchanteur for 1st Place

stairway for 2nd

DoctorPBJ & vinchezon for 3rd and 4th

I'm a bit late this week I know, forgive me.

Impressive double first place victories in a single week to enchanteur, now who will be the first to do it 3 times, or even all 4 tournaments in a single week.