Kanto Gym Leader Rematch!

Bestfriends

Question

638898111046d6c24fb8608925b5d8f4.png

Good morning fellow PokeMMO players, I would like to suggest something that could be implemented in the near future. Some people absolutely hate Hoenn and avoid it at all costs (I tried to convenience these players otherwise). Why not give the Hoenn haters an opportunity to rematch Kanto gym leaders? As for a team, I can try to come up with ideas....

78fd916cfbfa1a04e2607fd6e0d271dd.pngBrock: Steelix, Omastar, Kabutops, Golem, Aerodactyle, Tyranitar

a9b90cddd8ae7243f3faa583e92f9e04.pngMisty: Starmie, Quagsire (for water absorb), Lanturn, Kingdra, Lapras, Milotic

63aa8ed114bf0397efddc5c55bdd6131.pngLt Surge: Rachu, Electrode, Magneton, Jolteon, Ampharos, Electabuzz

8956b64686a9cfcacec0bed5298bfb83.pngErica: Venusaur, Meganium, Tropius, Exeggutor, Parasect, Ludicolo

5a6eda1d00a0fe9d32c9b754753e8731.pngKoga: Weezing, Muk, Arbok, Nidoking, Gengar, Crobat (just like in the Johto GBC games)

121e3c80de5e4cea95adbdd5a9fad7e8.pngSabrina: alakazam, medicham, xatu, jynx, Slowking, Espeon

35d9ce21dd8168fadbd3cbe1c8f57519.pngBlaine: Charizard, Typhlosion, Magcargo, Camperupt, Houndoom, Blaziken

a0fb9d97e0e375dd848ec5db3a1f957f.pngGiovanni: Rhydon, Steelix, Nidoking, Quagsire, Flygon, Piloswine

I hope Kanto can also become a battle ground for gym leaders as well as Hoenn. If there are any flaws or improvements that you want me to know about, let me know down in the comment section!

Edited by Bestfriends
clarification

24 answers to this question

i think the main reason for only hoenn having rematches was in the real games u could register their phone number and then rematch them  later. but doing this in hoenn also would be awsome, cus im betting many players dont feel like doing hoenn or just purely dont know about it. and i can probably speak for many of us that kanto is the main region people play on

On 21/09/2016 at 1:09 PM, LifeStyle said:

I could use more free 100k

No need to worry, the paycheck will be nerfed down. So you would get more of an allowance from Hoenn gym leaders than Kanto ones. This could possibly teach people how to overcome their fears of Hoenn.

Edited by Bestfriends
4 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

No need to worry, the paycheck will be nerfed down. So you would get more of an allowance from Hoenn gym leaders than Kanto ones. This could possibly teach people how to overcome their fears of Hoenn.

Why?  If its the same amount of work then you should earn the same amount..

1 hour ago, Xatu said:

Why?  If its the same amount of work then you should earn the same amount..

Yes, but thats on a competitve standpoint. The Hoenn story takes a lot more effort to complete than Kanto. I think the salary for Kanto's gym leaders should be 5k at most. 

Spoiler

I can tell you despise Hoenn.

Edited by Bestfriends
better wording
2 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

Yes, but thats on a competitve standpoint. The Hoenn story takes a lot more effort to complete than Kanto. I think the salary for Kanto's gym leaders should be 5k at most. 

5k? Are you serious? No way is that worth the effort. I can understand having it reduced some, but not that much. It's barely more than 30% of Hoenn. 9-10k seems more reasonable, if it's even reduced at all.

On 23/09/2016 at 5:32 AM, Thunderprime said:

Damn bestfriends you are always under-exgerating (if this word exist in english) cmon 5k thats almost as cheap as 5k BP for completing pokedex 

And there are times when I over exaggerated (like Gift Shinies for completing OT Dex). Sometimes, it is difficult to find that sweet spot.

19 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

And there are times when I over exaggerated (like Gift Shinies for completing OT Dex). Sometimes, it is difficult to find that sweet spot.

I can battle a NPC trainer again for 5k. If i'm not making at least 100k from battling 8 gyms of 6 level 80 poke's each. Then it's not worth the effort.

Edited by Pythonhier
Just now, Pythonhier said:

I can battle a NPC trainer again for 5k. If i'm not making at least 100k from battling 8 gyms of 6 level 80 poke's each. Then it's not worth the effort.

If its not for the money, it could be for the exp you earn from those battles.

Just now, Bestfriends said:

If its not for the money, it could be for the exp you earn from those battles.

You gain exp from any money making method, and elite four regardless.  The fact of the matter is you want to give one gym leader the payout of an npc with 5-6 level 50 pokemon.  That's terrible mathmatics. The reason why you can get 100k from Hoenn Leaders is cause to give an exact amount would be too much for the amout of work you do.  You get 100k from battling not even 20 npcs with VS seeker.

Litterally 100k for all 8 gym leaders is the least amount of money it could be reduced to.  If giving the economy the other free 100k with another gym run is too much then Kanto Gym re-challenges will not happen.

If earning too much money is a problem, which it always is, then why not make it so you can only battle one region every 6 hours. So when you start a gym battle in Hoenn you won't be able to start one in Kanto for 6 hours and vice versa. This way people who want to stay in Kanto can battle the gyms there and those who prefer Hoenn can battle there. This way the payout can also stay the same. 

I heard people having to do the sevii island quest again after beating blaine,which was a glitch when hoenn gym rematch feature was implemented.So I think this will take some work (not sure if the glitch was real tho)

But overall the idea is great they can add it since almost no one does island runs anymore.Or they can reduce the amount of money the isle npcs give then add this feature.

On 21/09/2016 at 12:25 PM, Bestfriends said:

638898111046d6c24fb8608925b5d8f4.png

Good morning fellow PokeMMO players, I would like to suggest something that could be implemented in the near future. Some people absolutely hate Hoenn and avoid it at all costs (I tried to convenience these players otherwise). Why not give the Hoenn haters an opportunity to rematch Kanto gym leaders?

Good evening everyone, I am glad to announce that the PokeMMO developers made Kanto Gyms rematches a real addition to PokeMMO. Thus, this suggestion no longer has a purpose.