Shiny Breeding

lFrankiel

19 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

It's the same.

It's not. 

Shinies pass IVs a bit better than normal pokes. they pass 4 IVs. 2 are completely random, while two are less random. 2 are always the higher of the two stats for the randomly chosen IV. 

Note that the 2 highest IVs among the two pokemon dont always pass.

It's like say you have a 0/0/0/31/31/31 and a 31/31/31/0/0/0. 2 of the stats will get picked at random, we'll say attack and defense, they'll be 31 passed from one parent. 2 more randomly chosen stats pass, say speed and hp, they can pass either 31 or 0. the remaining two stats average at 15. 

I think, i could be wrong here, that braces take over the random passes. so if you brace two IVs, those pass. then 2 random high ones. then 2 averages.

On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 11:19 PM, Rigamorty said:

It's not. 

Shinies pass IVs a bit better than normal pokes. they pass 4 IVs. 2 are completely random, while two are less random. 2 are always the higher of the two stats for the randomly chosen IV. 

Note that the 2 highest IVs among the two pokemon dont always pass.

It's like say you have a 0/0/0/31/31/31 and a 31/31/31/0/0/0. 2 of the stats will get picked at random, we'll say attack and defense, they'll be 31 passed from one parent. 2 more randomly chosen stats pass, say speed and hp, they can pass either 31 or 0. the remaining two stats average at 15. 

I think, i could be wrong here, that braces take over the random passes. so if you brace two IVs, those pass. then 2 random high ones. then 2 averages.

I can confirm the latter part

On 9/20/2016 at 6:10 PM, lFrankiel said:

So basically when you breed shinies , you dont get lower ivs? The worse iv you can get is an average one?

assuming you always use two braces then yeah. 

5 hours ago, LifeStyle said:

And in that situation, there's no way you can get 0 like in normal breeding?

if you don't use braces you could get a 0.

• Zehkar locked this topic