Magbrawl LC MicroSeries (October 1st - October 29th)

Raederz

That's really cool to see reactions for an event which is supposed to introduce a new tier, and taking into consideration suggestions such as, better gifts, more staff run tournaments, more LC, lower seat count.

As a pretty new staff member, sorry for being that naive.

7 hours ago, Raederz said:

That's really cool to see reactions for an event which is supposed to introduce a new tier, and taking into consideration suggestions such as, better gifts, more staff run tournaments, more LC, lower seat count.

No need to take it personally. You can ask in that staff lounge who from all the mods have got critique for their decisions and I can assure everyone will say they've had. Like the name 'community manager' indicates (at least to me), you're supposed to do the best you can to have the community enjoy the game within the rules of your game. Sure, these people could have voiced their opinions in a different thread about getting LC seasonal before any 'real' tier ones but it's their legitimate concern and they're entitled to it. If I was a mod I'd rather see complaining players and try to work with them to reach something they're happy with than have them sit in the silence and quitting the game because they don't care anymore about this game. The reason they're complaining is because they care.

Spoiler

By the way, if you thought you'll get complaints as a mod too much I recommend you to try to host a season of PSL. :)

21 hours ago, Raederz said:

I think the main reason why people are upset about this is more to do with the timing rather than the event itself. When LC was last introduced for officials it was very quickly dropped and this most likely discouraged a lot of people from wanting to pick the tier up. And now we are getting a series for this without a whole lot of warning or time to prepare. At the moment the tier is very underdeveloped with only a few players playing it and so therefor not many people have any experience or knowledge of the tier and are now pressured to breed multiple teams for a tier they know nothing about. 

It probably would have went down better if you left it a bit longer before starting this event and let there be a couple more standard LC tournaments so people will have more time to gain experience in the tier and breed comps for it.

On 9/17/2016 at 2:11 PM, Gunthug said:

I truly think a creative writing series would get a similar turnout 

This was not criticism lol I actually do want a creative writing series

I think the first couple tournaments will be rough, but by the 3rd one the meta will have had time to develop and we may start seeing some real competition. I would definitely recommend allowing invite holders to play in subsequent tournaments, no matter how far down the bracket you end up having to go to find someone to give an invite to (worst case scenario)

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/09/2016 at 7:22 AM, Raederz said:

Finale Prizes

First Place

http://www.pokepedia.fr/images/5/5a/Sprite_6_x_240_s.png

Gift Shiny Magby (Your choice of nature, two moves, 2x31 and 4x25 IVs) & 1,400,000 Pokeyen

i think it's bad price for lc

In lc we need perfect comp with perfect ivs for lc ( for exemple perect taillow is 31 31 20 + x 20+ 31 ) because if we miss 1 point in one stat change all the calc

200 SpA Life Orb Spoink Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Magby: 18-22 (90 - 110%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO magby with 25 hp and 25 spédef

200 SpA Life Orb Spoink Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Magby: 16-21 (76.1 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO magby with 31 hp , 31 spédef

this magby price can be perfect only if you choose nature timid or modest 31 spé atk 31 speed ( ev : 20 hp 4 def 196 spé atk 20 spédef 252 speed )

but if you want magby hasty 31 atk 31 speed , we lose 2 points 1 in hp and 1 in spé def 

so i think change ivs of magby price for lc ( total ivs of magby price is 162 ) by 26 31 26 20 30 31 (total 164) or 30 31 26 20 26 31 ( total 164 )  or 29 27 26 20 30 31 ( total 163 ) 

this combinaison of ivs give to the price a opportunity for make perfect comp in lc ( for offense nature )

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Nobarsmcgee said:

before i stay up until 3 am for this shit, is it actually gonna get played? i doubt its gonna fill up

I know it's not the best time to fill a tournament, but I wanted to make sure every timezone get the opportunity to participate.

(And there was finally only 5 byes which is pretty ok)

As a little recap, at the moment, finalists are :

- Frags

- Kriliin

- YettoDie

- enchanteur

- OrangeManiac

- BlueBreath

Congratulations, and good luck to them.

16 hours ago, Raederz said:

Read above :x

You're intentions are nice but if you think about it it will only create issues. This mini series has no reserves. Meaning that if a person doesn't show up because of the timezone you are fucked. Now I know for a fact the people that did get the invites would have np to play. But it just seems weird to have a qualifier so asians/australians can join when the finals would be unjoinable for them. Especially since you aren't doing a reserve tournament.

17 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

So can this be moved like an hour before to make sure everyone can make it to the Team Tournament? Even though I don't think 8 man tournament takes an hour in Little Cup even if it was Double Elimination.

This will be discussed once we have the 8 finalists.

(btw, I would like the 6 current finalists to pm me their opinion about that)

On 23/10/2016 at 6:00 PM, OrangeManiac said:

So can we get a some kind of a confirmation when the finals is? Under a week to go to the scheduled final.

I think it will be 7pm insteat of 8.

Confirmation will come with the finale post.

• Noad locked this topic