[Denied] Prevent Vs Seeker Trainers From Having Sturdy Ability Pokemon

ZaoLi

Question

Can we please not allow vs seeker trainers to have the ability sturdy on their pokemon?? it is just annoying. and i don't like the extra animations when flying and surfing. but the sturdy isn't cool man. 

Edited by RacheLucario
Made the title more clear, denied

11 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Lol is 1 extra key press really so bad?  If you hate it so much use muti-hit moves like bonemerang.

whats the point of having it??? thats the important question, and then i wouldn't be able to use persian pay day, or have to switch and would take even longer than two hits on every onix and fortress, u water pulse onyx, it survives cuz of its stupid ability, then frickin digs and wastes another turn

Edited by ZaoLi

Open with something with a muti hit move, then you never have to switch.  If you do that we are talking about 1 extra line of text.  Turn your text speed up to 5 too.  As for why its a thing, it greatly benefits comp pokemon and we can't have it work differently in PvP and then double back on that and make it different in PvE too. 

55 minutes ago, ZaoLi said:

Can we please not allow vs seeker trainers to have the ability sturdy on their pokemon?? it is just annoying. and i don't like the extra animations when flying and surfing. but the sturdy isn't cool man. 

Can we also have our pokeyen go up without having to do anything? I liek pokeyenz kek~

u guys act like it was always like this when they used to not survive ur first hit

2 hours ago, HoonDini said:

I can't believe this was a big enough problem for you to make a post about it.

well this is the first time i experienced it and i am saying how it was better before, i don't understand why they implemented it, if not just to fuck with us

1 hour ago, DaftCoolio said:

can we also not have moves on npc's pokemon as well i find them annoying too.

no wonder ur on SASS

If you're having trouble with the new Sturdy mechanics, try thinking outside of the box and making something that can bypass this very slight nuisance.

Spoiler

6irC3F8.png

Calculated with a lv100 +attack natured 31 IV 252 EV Blaziken against lv60 +defense natured 31 IV Pokemon.

252+ Atk Blaziken Double Kick (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0+ Def Golem: 244-292 (132.6 - 158.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Blaziken Double Kick (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0+ Def Onix: 204-244 (156.9 - 187.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Blaziken Double Kick (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0+ Def Steelix: 168-204 (94.3 - 114.6%) -- approx. 87.5% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Blaziken Double Kick (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0+ Def Magneton: 324-384 (218.9 - 259.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Blaziken Double Kick (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0+ Def Forretress: 116-136 (65.1 - 76.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO  (Note that Forretress will not actually attack you.)

3 hours ago, BlackJovi said:

I mean for normal NPCs its not even that annoying.. but for gym leaders tho its pretty fucking pooped, they just spam full restores on it and you sit there like a poop having to attack it. pretty useless

Having two Pokemon attack it during the same turn or giving both of your Pokemon Surf/Earthquake/etc will allow you to take it out before it can be healed, assuming you mean the Hoenn rematch double battles.

3 hours ago, ZaoLi said:

whats the point of having it??? thats the important question, and then i wouldn't be able to use persian pay day, or have to switch and would take even longer than two hits on every onix and fortress, u water pulse onyx, it survives cuz of its stupid ability, then frickin digs and wastes another turn

If you're referring to the ability mechanics, Sturdy was updated to make the ability actually useful in PvP matches and PvE instances. It is also canon to later generations. If you're referring to the usage of multi-hit moves, try either not using Pay Day or breeding a Rapidash with Double Kick (egg move) and Pay Day (event move). Rapidash doesn't have the attack stat or typing to be able to take out all Pokemon with Sturdy however, so giving up Pay Daying against NPCs may be your best option.

With that being said, we're not going to be preventing NPC Pokemon from having the ability nor are we going to revert the change. It encourages finding strategies to efficiently deal with it without breaking the difficulty of the game.

Edited by RacheLucario