Donator Status

RafaCrossover

30 minutes ago, RafaCrossover said:

Hi, I just bought the donator status for 7 days, but i think it's a sh#@* (sorry for the word) because the rate of get a siny it's very high even with the ds, maybe your guys need to put something more this, because i do not return more to buy that.

Initial shiny rate is not communicated, but, just as exemple :

1/10 -10% -> 1/9

1/8000 -10% -> 1/7200

1/15000 -10% -> 1/13500

1/30000 -10% -> 1/27000

Well, as you can see, if you "just" bought the ticket, it's "normal" you got no shiny atm.

3 hours ago, frogbussoms said:

It's illogical to shiny hunt with current mechanics.

with the implementation of sweet scent + hordes, now is kinda prime time for it. most of my teammates/friends have been able to find OT(s) with sweet scent since it was added. Some even after no luck for years prior. Then there's assholes like Trev who have found 6 in the past 2 months. 

37 minutes ago, RafaCrossover said:

25%xp more per battle

Less time with egg breed

And 10% rate to encounter shiny (Fake)

You think i will pay again for this? LOL

I think you misunderstand the shiny mechanic of donator status. It increases the rate BY 10%, not TO 10%. It just means you are 10% more likely to encounter a shiny than previously. Note that if the increase was by 100%, it would simply double your odds of encountering a shiny (you wouldn't encounter shinies 100% of the time).

i.e.

110% x 1/8192 = 1.1/8192

200% x 1/8192 = 2/8192 = 1/4096

Anyways, since the rate to find a shiny is so low, you will hardly see the difference that the 10% makes.

The donator status is something that slightly rewards players for donating money to the game, just speeds up the overall grind by a small amount. It is not intended to have a large impact on the game, because we don't want overt paid-to-win mechanics.

edit:

Also, the item is for donating to the game... DONATING. You shouldn't expect much in the first place.

Edited by Gilan
1 hour ago, RafaCrossover said:

25%xp more per battle

Less time with egg breed

And 10% rate to encounter shiny (Fake)

You think i will pay again for this? LOL

It's unreasonable to expect anything more. Beyond that, you're looking at pay to win.

Put yourself in the shoes of someone who can't afford Donator Status for reasons out of their control, and consider how you would feel if everyone else were plucking shinies out of the sky.

Well I strictly play pokemon to hunt wild pokemon. I don't PvP ( Flame me if you want ) , for some reason I find A LOT of excitement in catching the "rare" encounter rated pokemon. Finding pokemon with great IV's / nature also is highly satisfying to me. I Have spent my past 500 game hours in the grass strictly searching for good IV poke and searching for my first shiny. With no avail.

Personally I think the mechanics are bullshit but, I would be saying otherwise if I had a different perspective.

1 hour ago, frogbussoms said:

Well I strictly play pokemon to hunt wild pokemon. I don't PvP ( Flame me if you want ) , for some reason I find A LOT of excitement in catching the "rare" encounter rated pokemon. Finding pokemon with great IV's / nature also is highly satisfying to me. I Have spent my past 500 game hours in the grass strictly searching for good IV poke and searching for my first shiny. With no avail.

Personally I think the mechanics are bullshit but, I would be saying otherwise if I had a different perspective.

Ewwww talk about a big waste of 500 hours