PvP Island Open Wilderness

Xatu

Question

I am proposing we have a new separate area where outside of safe areas you automatically accept any duel requests you receive (lvl 50 tournament mode only).  If you lose the battle all of the pokemon in your party are gone forever (except one) and you lose half your money and all your items except for the most valuable one.  The player who wins the battle receives the money and all other items, except for the most valuable one. 

Pokemon, money and items can be transferred FROM the PvP Island HOWEVER; pokemon, money and items can NOT be transferred TO the PvP Island. 

You may use the GTL but ONLY to sell items.  The buying section is entirely not available. 

Battle items can all be bought with yen on PvP island and are cheaper than GTL values. 

-This is not broken because gaining and maintaining a large bankroll on PvP island would be hard af.

To make things more epic we could have some areas with godly farming rates.  Like geodudes with 50% chance to hold everstone, silk scarf, shards etc.

There is no breeding on the PvP island.  Comps do not exist here.  Because of this wild catches are very valued on the PvP Island. 

The Island can be gotten to by taking a boat from vermilion or slateport city. 

The island is designed with a central town and with branching open wilderness surrounding it.  Teleport and fly are not available.  Bikes are also not available.  The wilderness wil be dsigned to be very large and have a sort of open world type of feel with expansive areas to moves around/hide in.

There are catching areas within the main town area so that players may build a team prior to leaving the safe area and have a chance to get by players guarding the entrances to the wilderness.  Within the wilderness is many more wild pokemon area's.  With some of the more "rare" being very far away from the town thus making it harder to return without having your spoils stolen. 

Healing items may not be used in battle but they may be used freely outside of battle.

Edited by Xatu

19 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Xatu said:

This is not broken because gaining and maintaining a large bankroll on PvP island would be hard af.

To make things more epic we could have some areas with godly farming rates.  Like geodudes with 50% chance to hold everstone, silk scark, shards etc.

Seeing as my other comment was deleted I'll add a bit to make it valid:

The idea kinda contradicts itself here

1 minute ago, Zymogen said:

Seeing as my other comment was deleted I'll add a bit to make it valid:

The idea kinda contradicts itself here

Yeah not really.  Its ok to have godly everstone rates because you are likely going to lose your money/items/pokemon going to the area to get them whre there will certainly be players waiting to player kill you.

So basically runescape deadman mode but in PokeMMO?

I don't think the idea would work well in this game, as interesting as it sounds. I do like the idea of a PvP island where you have to accept all duels and if one of your Pokemon faint, then you can't heal it unless you leave the island, which would affect your bonus points or something. I think this is what the devs will be implementing with dungeons, but we will have to wait and see.

1 minute ago, kloneman said:

So basically runescape deadman mode but in PokeMMO?

Yup.

I don't think the idea would work well in this game, as interesting as it sounds. I do like the idea of a PvP island where you have to accept all duels and if one of your Pokemon faint, then you can't heal it unless you leave the island, which would affect your bonus points or something.

If there isnt much reward then hardly anyone would use the mode.  Yen > RP. 

I think this is what the devs will be implementing with dungeons, but we will have to wait and see.

No the dungeons are supposed to be PvE.

All Pokémon gone forever is bad mechanics.

How about we all enter with bps+money which we can specify beforehand(a lowest limit must be made, no free entry). This way you can avoid getting broke every time you lose.

if you win, you gain 1/2 of the bp+money held by opponent(in the PvP island, not overall money). Losing makes you lose 3/4th of your held bp+money you gained/specified while in PvP island. 

1/4 th money+bp disappears from game every time someone loses so it can be a decent money sink as well in the long run.

If you go below the lowest limit for entrance fee, you get kicked out.

A Pokémon centre would work well here, where you can't be challenged, for your healing between battle. Alternately, auto heal function can be implemented.

Adding attractive farming spots would increase the number of players wanting to risk it and the number of pkers. 

Insane amount of programming would be required, but I believe in desu sama o/

33 minutes ago, Bishav said:

All Pokémon gone forever is bad mechanics.

People seem to love nuzlocke i think making for realz would be fun. 

How about we all enter with bps+money which we can specify beforehand(a lowest limit must be made, no free entry). This way you can avoid getting broke every time you lose.

We can't really come into it with money and have what would be BP only battle items for sale with yen.  This would cause people to transfer money in with alts over and over and just buy battle items and resell on GTL.

if you win, you gain 1/2 of the bp+money held by opponent(in the PvP island, not overall money). Losing makes you lose 3/4th of your held bp+money you gained/specified while in PvP island. 

Idk why you would lost 3/4 but only gain 1/2.  You should definitely gain the same amount the opponent loses.

1/4 th money+bp disappears from game every time someone loses so it can be a decent money sink as well in the long run.

Its already a money sink lol.  Nobody would last forever in here.

If you go below the lowest limit for entrance fee, you get kicked out.

Losing all of your items and 50% of your money should be punishment enough.

A Pokémon centre would work well here, where you can't be challenged, for your healing between battle. Alternately, auto heal function can be implemented.

I think for sake of simplicity the actual town areas should be the safe zones while any route that is not a town is the open wilderness.

Adding attractive farming spots would increase the number of players wanting to risk it and the number of pkers. 

Indeed, it would get super intense.

Insane amount of programming would be required, but I believe in desu sama o/

Not too bad really heres the bulk of it.

- Map a generic new area with various branching farming areas and 1 main town area (Im working on some basic designs currently that ill add to the OP)

- Program the open wilderness areas to auto-accept duel requests locked in lvl 50 tourney mode (mew2 does it so im sure it could be adopted)

- Program the game to give 1/2 money and entire inventory minus most valuable or a player flagged item automatically to the winner of the duel (auto trade script)

- Program the game to release all of your pokemon except 1, in your party, after the battle (auto release script)

- Have mons in box grayed out as if you have badge restrictions if they arent OT and from the PvP island ot purchased using PvP island moneys. (badge check script?)

- Have no wild mons with teleport and no fly. (mindful wild mon placement and badge check script)

- Basically have it function as a new region. (mainly mapping and a new script adding another dock to vermilion/slateport, new item the PvP Island Ticket)

2 hours ago, Xatu said:

Jesus Christ

1)People don't do nuzlocke with comps

2) Who said anything about bp items being on sale for money, that would be ridiculous and bad game design.

Bp is needed for any kind of PvP event so we need a bp entrance fee.

3) that's the whole point of money sink, this way you can get some money making method in there without any backlash on the market.

4) money sink is where moneys is lost to the game, if you have the money transferred from one player to another, that's not a money sink. "No one will last forever" while you have not specified any criteria for being kicked out.

5) losing like 4-5 200k worth items and getting your comps taken 10/10 idea

No one would ever bother going there.

Yeah it's extremely easy to program it, thanks for explaining. Do help desu with it.

Dude there is not enough player here for this kind of pvp. And breeding/farming takes wayyy too long no one wants to risk losing great comps.

But I really like the idea of a pvp island where everyone meet to battle each other nothing else more.

There could be some "gym" where the loser get kicked out and winner become champion.

Would be cool to have places decicated to pvp (for each tier ?). Making duels easier to find.

Most of the rules you give looks way too hardcore for PokeMMO imo, but I like the automatically accepted duel requests.

___

I dont think your suggestion is really reasonable, but it brings ideas about softer suggestions.

7 hours ago, Bishav said:

1)People don't do nuzlocke with comps

Btw way to be super rude with you "jesus christ comment".  Atleast be civil bro you dont have to like my idea.

You arent even allowed to bring pokemon into the PvP island.  All pokemon here would be expendable, and not "comps".

2) Who said anything about bp items being on sale for money, that would be ridiculous and bad game design.

Bp is needed for any kind of PvP event so we need a bp entrance fee.

They are available for money in the PvP island because it is extremely hard to get money on the PvP Island.  Like i said before its not broken.

3) that's the whole point of money sink, this way you can get some money making method in there without any backlash on the market.

There would be no backlash on the market.  I this place Risk >>> Reward.

4) money sink is where moneys is lost to the game, if you have the money transferred from one player to another, that's not a money sink. "No one will last forever" while you have not specified any criteria for being kicked out.

You literally cannot be kicked out, only lose money mons and items.

5) losing like 4-5 200k worth items and getting your comps taken 10/10 idea

No one would ever bother going there.

Once again you have no grasp of how this would work.  Nothing in here would be "comp" it would be expendable and there is no bringing mons into here, they have to be made on the PvP island.

Yeah it's extremely easy to program it, thanks for explaining. Do help desu with it.

Yeah its actually quite easy.  I explained it all to you and how they could use existing code to do it. 

Please read through the suggestion again before you comment.  And try not to be rude with your "jesus christ" remark. 

2 hours ago, Thunderprime said:

Dude there is not enough player here for this kind of pvp. And breeding/farming takes wayyy too long no one wants to risk losing great comps.

Once again none of the mons here would be bred, they would all be wild catchs.  Secondly people would literally join this game who would have never ever played PokeMMO when they find out it has an open wilderness.  Thirdly existing comp players would play too because it would b a fun and exciting way to play.

2 hours ago, Thunderprime said:

But I really like the idea of a pvp island where everyone meet to battle each other nothing else more.

There could be some "gym" where the loser get kicked out and winner become champion.

Thats nothing like an open wilderness.

58 minutes ago, Raederz said:

Would be cool to have places decicated to pvp (for each tier ?). Making duels easier to find.

Most of the rules you give looks way too hardcore for PokeMMO imo, but I like the automatically accepted duel requests.

It would be its own thing its own region.  Nothing you do here would affect your "real" pokeMMO

58 minutes ago, Raederz said:

___

I dont think your suggestion is really reasonable, but it brings ideas about softer suggestions.

My suggestion isnt meant to be "reasonable" its meant to be a fun and exciting way to produce new competitive content.  If you look at Runescape people absolutely LOVE the open wilderness. By implementing this here we could also draw the attention of VG news sources because it would make our MMO truly unique.

13 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Getting offended and going off topic.

My suggestion was just supposed to take your idea of implementing the pvp island where you couldn't decline battle requests(literally the only thing I agree with, apart from the name)

You tried to mix it up with yours by adding cons from your original suggestion.

Hence, "Jesus Christ". Stop getting offended over such things and derail your own thread.

Anyway, I suggested adding an additional money making method on the island to attract more players, hence increase in the money generated per hour and hence a money sink.

"Its already a money sink lol.  Nobody would last forever in here."

"You literally cannot be kicked out, only lose money mons and items."

So which one is it?

Once again money sink is not about losing money to other players.

"Nothing in here would be "comp" it would be expendable and there is no bringing mons into here, they have to be made on the PvP island"

That would degrade the comp standards of this island back to 2012-2013. When you say pvp island you do realise that pvp is primarily for people that play competitively. No gimmicks pls.

Please read through the suggestion again before you comment.  And try not to be rude with your "jesus christ" remark. 

Ayy boi ty for your feedback

Better?

Try not to take everything personally next time.

35 minutes ago, Bishav said:

My suggestion was just supposed to take your idea of implementing the pvp island where you couldn't decline battle requests(literally the only thing I agree with, apart from the name)

You tried to mix it up with yours by adding cons from your original suggestion.

Hence, "Jesus Christ". Stop getting offended over such things and derail your own thread.

Anyway, I suggested adding an additional money making method on the island to attract more players, hence increase in the money generated per hour and hence a money sink.

"Its already a money sink lol.  Nobody would last forever in here."

"You literally cannot be kicked out, only lose money mons and items."

So which one is it?

Once again money sink is not about losing money to other players.

"Nothing in here would be "comp" it would be expendable and there is no bringing mons into here, they have to be made on the PvP island"

That would degrade the comp standards of this island back to 2012-2013. When you say pvp island you do realise that pvp is primarily for people that play competitively. No gimmicks pls.

Better?

Try not to take everything personally next time.

I wasnt taking anything personally you seem to be the one flaming and generally being negative.  I was completely on topic the entire time besides commenting on your negativeity towards me.  Because of this i will no longer even be reading your posts or responding them.  I went into detail on every point you brought up and you ignored it all so you clearly arent capable of responding in a civil way.

Be cool, Xatu. Ignore him if you have to.

I don't support this because of one reason: this feels like it would be fundamental Dark Zone (The Division) mechanics built into PokeMMO. In theory, it was a good idea - a system built on tension and forming partnerships just to get by. Something you gained (which you could do by essentially taking it from others as you're suggesting here) wasn't really yours until you performed a specific action to get it transferred to your character proper. There would as a result be that ever-present risk that you could lose everything at any time.

On paper, it was a neat idea but it was executed really poorly because your main method of success would involve setting up in huge teams and pretty much griefing the entrance area of players who are on their own. This alienates players who prefer to play on their own, and forces them into social situations they may not want just in order to stay alive and get a fair chance. Honestly, I don't know how you could even fix something like that other than just not adding it at all.

Really cool idea though, unique and gives the PvP contingent something fresh to try.

1 hour ago, Thunderprime said:

I dont understand why duel should be forced... If you go to a duel island it because you do want to battle duh

dont enter that duel island if u dont like it, but it would be pretty funny to fight everyone u want without accepting a battle. Teamwars in that duel island would be cool too 

Edited by Spxter
11 hours ago, Xatu said:

18 hours ago, Bishav said:

Can't remove quotes on phone.

7 hours ago, Raederz said:

People want a cool/easy way to find battles.

YES

People want to battle guys that are farming everstones, or $.

NO

People want to be fish, getting battled while farming.

NO

Thats why the "island with no duel request" is good, and the "hardcore region" is not, imo.

If you start with farming money instead of everstones that would remove the need to be fish food. Something like the hoenn gym leaders where you need comps. 

Imo as it is a PvP island it should cater to PvP aspects of the game-  with locked areas for various different tiers.

You can enter it only when you have the right Pokémon. More NU/UU battles that way. 

On 9/13/2016 at 9:25 PM, Bishav said:

Can't remove quotes on phone.

If you start with farming money instead of everstones that would remove the need to be fish food. Something like the hoenn gym leaders where you need comps. 

Imo as it is a PvP island it should cater to PvP aspects of the game-  with locked areas for various different tiers.

You can enter it only when you have the right Pokémon. More NU/UU battles that way. 

Yeah this makes the most sense.  Maybe 1 central city area and 4-5 other areas surrounding it based on tiers.  OU/UU/NU/LC? and Doubles.  Inside of each of these areas would need to have equivalent farming spots.  And there could be an invidible flag that prevents you from entering the wilderness is you have mons from outside that tiered area you are trying to enter.