PC "lock" feature

whilt

Question

I suggest having a lock mechanism added to the PC, through which the user may choose to 'lock' certain Pokemon that can't be released until they are 'unlocked' subsequently. This is to avoid having valuable Pokemon (whether they be comps or shinies) being accidentally released, as I'm sure most of us aren't strangers to these incidents.

I argue that such a feature is even more needed at a time when there is a need to store multitudes of Pokemon (as may have been affirmed by the recent PC expansion update) for breeding 'perfect' comps and the relative demand for them. Thus making accidental releases more commonplace as it's now easier to mistake one for the other. This possibility further presents the user with a constant source of anxiety and a need to be 'extra careful' that is completely unnecessary, if only with the right mechanisms in place.

Edited by whilt

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, BigShotJoe said:

Pretty sure you can just use specific boxes for things like competitive Pokemon or breeders. Non-donating players usually just stick their good Pokemon in box 6-7. (If you play enough to have more comps than that, you should really consider donating).

But I don't think an organized PC (albeit important) completely eliminates the dilemma I'm presenting. I would surmise that assigning specific boxes with certain purposes is a standard practice for most, yet accidents still happen precisely because releasing Pokemon is so fast and easy. It's not very difficult to make the mistake of releasing a comp at a slip of a mind, especially when one has been repeatedly doing it for an extended period of time because by that point intuition becomes very involved. 

More importantly, I don't think a proper solution can be achieved by micromanaging how people organize their PC. Because these things can still happen; whether or not they're donators, or whether or not they "stick their good Pokemon in box 6-7." I believe the purpose of every solution is to reach an optimal quality to things, which I doubt we can do if we see this scenario in this light.

Edited by whilt