An Official PokeMMO NotePad

Bestfriends

Question

cbf65695c9faa8333a1f0b6fc4ffb522.pngAn Official PokeMMO NotePad4307740310071edd63b105b80d7c9e1e.png

I would like to start us off by asking few questions, did you ever forget something that you plan to do in game? Did you want your own "To Do List?" Do you want to have your EV spread accessible without the need for your computer's NotePad? If you asked these three questions, then I have the answer for you! I am going to suggest that PokeMMO implement a NotePad for people who do not want to go back and forth constantly. Here are some suggested places to implement this dandy feature:

1. In the "Menu" Tab

08ba6d5a7f8ec757330fd2f55208777b.png

2. On the back of your trainer card

7286d29324861b7d1a74404f5df0bf8e.png

3. In the Community Hub (since the NotePad could contain social aspects of PokeMMO)

87971cd30e988fcf59fbcc707e7ddb86.png

4. On the top left of your screen....

da3dc6e0b5ec6c1260b6b2b10e847660.png

Click on the notepad to see what you wrote and click on the pencil to edit what you wrote.

I hope this feature is planned to be implemented in a future update and tell me what you think about this idea below. If you agree or disagree with this idea, please tell me why you feel the way you do. I look forward to your response.

Edited by Bestfriends
Just thought of option 4 today.

13 answers to this question

Its a great idea IMO cz then I can list if I loaned any items from anyone and i can remember easily to give em back.And also the ev spread as you said, might also help with breeding hp then you can list the odd/even ivs.

So overall its a great idea i'd say and I hope the devs think it the same way if there are any problems with it i'll be glad to know.

Thanks 

~Qaviul

1 hour ago, Lunos said:

Did I misunderstood something or you basically want a re-creation of the Windows Notepad just because you don't want to open Windows Notepad itself everytime?

If so, that's even lazier than me, congratz on that.

35 minutes ago, Faiyad said:

Its a great idea IMO cz then I can list if I loaned any items from anyone and i can remember easily to give em back.And also the ev spread as you said, might also help with breeding hp then you can list the odd/even ivs.

6 minutes ago, Lazaro23 said:
1 hour ago, Lunos said:

Did I misunderstood something or you basically want a re-creation of the Windows Notepad just because you don't want to open Windows Notepad itself everytime?

42 minutes ago, Faiyad said:

So overall its a great idea i'd say and I hope the devs think it the same way if there are any problems with it i'll be glad to know.

Thanks 

~Qaviul

In my case, I have a .txt file right next to PokeMMO's shortcut where I put everything I need to remember written there just like this.

But sure, whatever, I guess that an internal notepad could be more comfy depending on the person.

9 hours ago, Lunos said:

Yes it is a recreation, but what happens if your using a new computer? It is not easy to transfer your notepads to a new computer. I hear stories about people buying new laptops and their notepads are on their own laptops (yes they can grab a flash drive and port it), but why go through all of this trouble?

8 hours ago, Faiyad said:

Thanks 

~Qaviul

Thank you for giving me another reason as to why I support this idea. I hope the developers implement this idea for convenience.

15 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

Yes it is a recreation, but what happens if your using a new computer? It is not easy to transfer your notepads to a new computer. I hear stories about people buying new laptops and their notepads are on their own laptops (yes they can grab a flash drive and port it), but why go through all of this trouble?

Dropbox/Gmail/Outlook/Flash Drives.

We're talking about a 5 minutes matter in the worst case scenarios, so again, if you think it's too much of a trouble, you're definitely lazier than me.

1 hour ago, Lunos said:

We're talking about a 5 minutes matter in the worst case scenarios, so again, if you think it's too much of a trouble, you're definitely lazier than me.

You know that the game has a support request thing, well why did they add that feature if we have the forum already ?
You know that there is a pokedex in the net, why did the devs make one in the game as well ?
Obviously to make it easier for the community, laziness is not an argument when it comes to facilitating the tasks, I see no con for this suggestion.

4 hours ago, Lazaro23 said:

You know that the game has a support request thing, well why did they add that feature if we have the forum already ?

Because most of the times, the game's reports are received faster than the forum's by the Administrators.

You know that there is a pokedex in the net, why did the devs make one in the game as well ?

To be fair, the data is included all along inside the game's ROM.

Also, it's more handy to actually use that instead of opening your browser and searching for it.

Obviously to make it easier for the community, laziness is not an argument when it comes to facilitating the tasks, I see no con for this suggestion.

I don't see cons either, as I said, depending on the person it COULD be handy.

Still tho, in this case particularly, opening notepad doesn't take literally more than 1 second or 2, nothing even close to the other tasks you used as examples.

11 hours ago, Lunos said:

Your talking about some technical know how. I am not stupid enough to not grasp on how to do these functions, but at the same time, why would people want to go through all the trouble doing this. I have flash drives and Gmail for storage, but I would rather have PokeMMO store all notes relating to PokeMMO. I don't want to scramble myself search through files of Statistics and College Info just to find my notepad about PokeMMO. I know what you might say: "hey lazy Bestfriends, why not go to Staples or Walmart and buy a flash drive? It's cheap and affordable, no excuses, LOCK NOW!" Here is my response to that...

a) You did not take to account about the distance from my house to Staples, so that means you didn't account for the Gas Prices.

b) Why are you requiring me to buy special hardware at a mart if this has to do with PokeMMO? Can't PokeMMO store its own data (I am referring to reminders)?

c) You might tell me, "if your TOO LAZY to drive yourself to Staples or Walmart, you could always order from Amazon." Here is my response, "yes I can order from Amazon, but this brings me back to point b (and its cash I could of saved).

My point is that PokeMMO is its own game and there are plenty of games where you can write in reminders about what you plan on doing. Why can't we implement this luxury in PokeMMO?

11 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

My point is that PokeMMO is its own game and there are plenty of games where you can write in reminders about what you plan on doing. Why can't we implement this luxury in PokeMMO?

Idk, go ahead and tell me. For the third time, I DID SAID that it could come handy depending on the person.

I don't see myself using it when there already are ways for it which work just the same and are as instant, but that doesn't mean that someone else couldn't use this function, again, for the 4th time because I feel like I need to mention it again: It could come handy depending on the person.

I had another suggestion relating to this idea, we could have the notepad on the top left of the screen...

da3dc6e0b5ec6c1260b6b2b10e847660.png

More detail on the title page

Edited by Bestfriends
I just thought of this idea today.
1 hour ago, RysPicz said:

We should be just able to whisper ourselves. I talk to myself so much and so often in teamchat, they probably already think I'm nuts

Hide contents

they're right

But, whispers vanish. A notebook on PokeMMO is more permanent.