NU Matchmaking

AlitoFernando

Question

PS : i can make many english mistakes,english is my third language.

First of all,i know that many people complained about this.

Today,i've finished my team Never Used and i wanted to do some matchmaking,i've asking some friends but some of them plays OU,and those who play NU are busy or offline,i was waiting 3 hours and i haven't found one opponent,i asked in the channel chat but no ones  answered me.

So there's my suggestions,put a limit for Over Used Matchmaking,idk if this will solve the problem,but at least it will make people play other tiers,or increases reward battle points.

Edited by AlitoFernando

8 answers to this question

Capping the number of people in OU matchmaking at any one time would be silly. Some people only play OU, and it would be unfair on them to limit how much they can use matchmaking in order to drive people into the other tiers. Also, increasing battle points rewarded for NU matches could easily be taken advantage of and have a secondary effect on the economy which is already in fine balance, so I don't think that's a good idea either. 

However, that is just the nature of the different tiers. Pokemon in UU and NU are "under used" and "never used" respectively so, naturally, less battles will be being searched for in these tiers compared to the tiers above them. 

It's a difficult one. Perhaps an increase in the number of NU tournaments so that people get more of an opportunity to spectate it and gain an interest.

1 hour ago, Zymogen said:

Perhaps an increase in the number of NU tournaments so that people get more of an opportunity to spectate it and gain an interest.

maybe,but as you said most of peoples plays only Over Used,so i don't think that they would participate to an NU tournament,also most of NU tournaments can't bring 128 players (and sometimes a tournament of 64,bring only 45~ or 59~),but recently i got an idea,i think its good to make a traditional days tiers like 

Monday : OU

Tuesday : OU

Wednesday : OU

Thursday : OU

Friday : OU

Saturday : NU

Friday : UU

idk if it can fix the problem,but i think it will be good if it goes that way

1 minute ago, AlitoFernando said:

Monday : OU

Tuesday : OU

Wednesday : OU

Thursday : OU

Friday : OU

Saturday : NU

Friday : UU

Making the midweek days only for OU would just mean that there would be less people playing NU matchmaking than there are now - or would be - if the cap on OU matchmaking existed. Moreover, the weekend is the most active time of the week; to make Saturdays and (I presume you meant) Sundays purely for NU and UU alone would be to interfere with maybe the only time that some people have to play the game throughout the week. I can't see it working, unfortunately.