[UU] Shock Therapy (Thursday, September 15)

Kurodashi

Details:

128 Players

Unlimited Reserves
6v6 Underused

Tournament Mode

Single Battle

Date and Time:
Date: Thursday, September 15
Time: 10 pm BST | 5pm EDT

Registrations will open 15 minutes prior to the tournament. You can register by clicking on the PvP menu option (Masterball icon) and then select "Tournament Signup".

Clauses:
Sleep/OHKO/Pristine/Species/Hax Item/Evasion/Bag Item/Time/Self KO

List of clauses and what they mean

Banned Moves:

Baton Pass

Banned Pokemon:

Dragonite | Dugtrio | Gengar | Salamence | Tyranitar | Wobbufet | Blissey

Aerodactyl | Alakazam | Arcanine | Blaziken | Chansey | Charizard | Milotic

Dusclops | Espeon | Flygon | Forretress | Gardevoir | Gyarados

Heracross | Jolteon | Kingrda | Ludicolo | Magneton | Medicham | Metagross

Porygon2 | Rhydon | Skarmory | Slowbro | Snorlax | Starmie | Swampert

Tauros | Umbreon | Ursaring | Vaporeon | Venusaur | Weezing | Breloom

Hariyama | Linoone | Machamp | Marowak | Slaking | Houndoom | Dodrio

Fereligatr | Typhlosion

1st Place Prize:

manectric.gif

Shiny GIFT Manectric

Your choice of nature, two moves (no hidden power), with IVs 2x31, 4x25

AND

1,300,000 Pokeyen OR 1300 Reward Points

2nd Place Prize:

700,000 Pokeyen OR 700 Reward Points

3rd - 4th Place Prizes:

250,000 Pokeyen OR 250 RP

5th - 8th Place

125,000 PokeYen OR 125 RP

Notes:

• Disconnecting during a match will result in a DQ (only applies if you fail to reconnect).
  • Do not block the Staff running the Event. If you disregard requests for you to unblock staff members then you will be disqualified.

Host: Kurodashi

20 hours ago, Kurodashi said:

(no hidden power)

It's almost like they're playing a game of "when can we get the community most mad with our prize selections"? Not like I personally even care, not gonna make it to this one just like I couldn't make it to the previous ones but I just like watching and laughing at this. It's almost like with every little action they possibly can they're saying "we're not giving you what you want, we're here to decide".

And yes, I am aware the host does not 'decide' the prize.

7 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:

Can someone from staff tell me how is it so hard to give out customizable hidden power pokes? 

E: You did it for summer ball, so its possible. Why not here? That shouldn't be an 'exclusive' thing or something

It's because the Summer Ball prizes were personally given by Squirtle and thus could be customized, but for automated systems, the prizes are system generated and don't support hidden powers (if I'm right). I don't see why we can't go back to the old prize system with Squirtle handing them out. 

Just now, NikhilR said:

It's because the Summer Ball prizes were personally given by Squirtle and thus could be customized, but for automated systems, the prizes are system generated and don't support hidden powers (if I'm right). I don't see why we can't go back to the old prize system with Squirtle handing them out. 

well these 'comp' 'prizes' at the moment, are just killing the tourney hype for most players I think, I could be wrong tho right? Would like to think what some comp players think about these 'comp' 'prizes' just like orange expressed his thoughts 

3 minutes ago, Kurodashi said:

Spicy, spicy memes.

On a serious note, sorry again I'll try to get some prizes that are not hidden power related in future events. (which is hd considering viable pokemon in UU that don't need HP)

I had more issues with UU having so many fking fossils and rare safari mons you can never give out haha.

Although shiny altaria when??

9 minutes ago, Kurodashi said:

Spicy, spicy memes.

On a serious note, sorry again I'll try to get some prizes that are not hidden power related in future events. (which is hd considering viable pokemon in UU that don't need HP)

Well you could start doing what Noad just did with the Steel show - ability to lower a 31 to 30 and 25 to 24 if wanted to get a certain hidden power type. Kinda wondered why that wasn't a thing before but great it is now.

5 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

Well you could start doing what Noad just did with the Steel show - ability to lower a 31 to 30 and 25 to 24 if wanted to get a certain hidden power type. Kinda wondered why that wasn't a thing before but great it is now.

I was only able to do that because my prize is spawned by Admins. Hidden Power is not available specifically for automated tournaments because its given out by the system and the system doesnt recognise Hidden Power. I hope this makes sense as I have just woken up.

17 hours ago, Noad said:

I was only able to do that because my prize is spawned by Admins. Hidden Power is not available specifically for automated tournaments because its given out by the system and the system doesnt recognise Hidden Power. I hope this makes sense as I have just woken up.

While we've known the fact that automated prizes result in "Hidden Power Dark" prizes only, we can now rest on the fact that this is just another reason for the comp community to dislike automated tournaments. 

1. Silph Co., may it RIP
  2. Lack of spectators and a general community at a tournament event
  3. Tournaments are oversized, and still growing, just to appease the masses that are found in-game
  4. There is no option for Hidden Power on our automated prizes

tl;dr We miss Silph Co., smaller tournaments, and waiting months for Squirtle to spawn our prizes.