The Three Beaksketeers Tourney [OU] (Monday 12th September)

Raederz

Details:

Automated Tournament | Single Battle | 128 Players | 6v6 OU

Date and Time:
Date: Monday 12th September
Time: 7pm BST | 8pm CEST | 2pm EDT

Registrations will open 15 minutes prior to the tournament. You can register by clicking on the PvP menu option (Masterball icon) and then select "Tournament Signup".

Clauses:
Evasion / Sleep / OHKO / Unique Species / Self-KO / OP Item

Tournament Clauses Explained

Banned moves: 
Baton Pass

Banned Pokemon:

OU Ban List

Dragonite | Dugtrio | Gengar | Salamence | Tyranitar | Wobbufet | Blissey

1st Place Prize:

http://www.pokepedia.fr/images/8/80/Sprite_6_x_085_f_s.png

Shiny Gift Dodrio

Your choice of nature, two moves, 2x31 and 4x25 IVs

+

1,300,000 Pokeyen OR 1300 Reward Points

2nd Place Prize:

700,000 Pokeyen OR 700 Reward Points

3rd - 4th Place Prizes:

250,000 Pokeyen

5th - 8th Place

125,000 Pokeyen

Notes:

• Disconnecting during a match will result in a DQ (only applies if you fail to reconnect).
  • Do not block the Staff running the Event. If you disregard requests for you to unblock staff members then you will be disqualified.

Host : Raederz

15 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

Kuro made the Rhydon one iirc, but yeah OU prizes have been pretty shit lately

Seeing his other prizes and the quality of the past tournaments he hosted I can forgive him this one, especially considering how viable Rhydon is in our OU meta. But Machamp is barely seen and Dodrio is fucking NEVER seen...

Just now, RysPicz said:

Seeing his other prizes and the quality of the past tournaments he hosted I can forgive him this one, especially considering how viable Rhydon is in our OU meta. But Machamp is barely seen and Dodrio is fucking NEVER seen...

In all honesty I think he's trying to get rid of the 'shit' prizes first.. I mean.. I can only hope so. I believe he's gonna make better prizes as soon as the shit ones are done

1 minute ago, BlackJovi said:

In all honesty I think he's trying to get rid of the 'shit' prizes first.. I mean.. I can only hope so. I believe he's gonna make better prizes as soon as the shit ones are done

This sounds good, but... wouldn't it be a good idea to get rid of shit prizes in 64 men tournaments rather than fucking people over with a completly useless and worthless prize for a 128 men one?

1 minute ago, RysPicz said:

This sounds good, but... wouldn't it be a good idea to get rid of shit prizes in 64 men tournaments rather than fucking people over with a completly useless and worthless prize for a 128 men one?

If 64-man was still a thing.

PS : ofc the ability of a CM to be a good host depends on the gifts.

2 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:

I told you, Noad told you, 128 is the new standard for OU/UU/NU. If you want it for doubles, i'll make the suggestion.

2 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

It isn't anymore? Situation changed drasticallly in the span of 2 weeks? Or just we got a shit host?

Because I think it's the second option

Anymore means present and future. Why you looking past events ?

13 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

But Machamp is barely seen and Dodrio is fucking NEVER seen...

Yeah Machamp had like 2% usage last time I checked, don't even think I saw Dodrio in the list lmao, even Hitmontop was used more than Dodrio in OU for the last 2 months, smh.

I'm with Jovi on this one, I hope this guy is getting rid of the shit prizes first so we can actually start to see some lit events.

Tbh it would be nice to see doubles getting more officials with these lower tiered shinys for 64 man tournaments instead of dumping them into OU just for someone to cry over winning a undesirable and unviable shiny for OU. I know these shinys would likely suffer from the same problems if they were to be placed in doubles but I would rather see doubles get some tournaments (albeit some have recently popped up but for the most part they are rare to see) and for OU to get some better prizes for these tournaments in the process. I'm unaware of how shiny prizes are distributed but im sure there are many prizes worth a 1st place prize for OU over rhydon/machamp/dodrio especially when you factor in that the drastic prize difference with other tiers, sure OU is popular but I would see this as an incentive to make better prizes for tournaments more likely to fill.

128 man tournaments are standard now due to the large amount of sign ups we are getting in game for the standard tiers. Recently I hosted a 128 man Doubles with a shiny Larvitar prize and it failed to fill. However if you would like to see 128 man doubles that is something we are happy to accomodate.

What you dont do is post in a staff member's event thread declaring they are a "shit host" or a bad staff member for their choice of prize. These CMs do not have to host tournaments and I definitely would not blame them if they stopped due to the recent hostility they are recieving from certain members of the community. I understand and appreciate those posters who are declaring their unhappiness without making it personal. But for those who are chosing to be completely insulting to lower staff, this is not something I am willing to accept.

I will refer you back to my previous post on the matter, you guys want better prizes which is fine. But this is something that we as lower staff do not decide and its the higher staff that give us a "budget" to stick to. I am happy to bring up the points you have all made but if it doesnt change please do not target staff who have no control or power over the situation. 

Additionally I would appreciate it if players directed their complaints to the event suggestions thread or if someone would kindly make a GD thread as it is easier for discussion to be held in one place.

• Noad locked this topic