Encouraging people to play NU/ UU matchmaking

RysPicz

Question

19 answers to this question

Tbh, I used to be very frequently queued for UU/NU ranked matchmaking, but last few weeks/month I dont even bother queueing because it is extremely hard to find a match, and devs dont even bother to fix the 8pm EST UU ranked session, which only lasts one round. 

I feel like they should give this matchmaking more effort , because OU isnt the only tier, im pretty sure someone posted on the general discussion that they queued their whole team (6+ people) for UU ranked, and still didn't give a match, so im betting it's broken or something and devs havent fixed it. 

tl;dr pls bring uu nu matchmaking, it was good bp 

I don't exactly like the idea of more BP from UU and NU compared to OU because it would make it seem like more important than OU and it should not be. However, I think the ladder should have more meaning. Leaderboard tournaments for all 3 tiers frequently with actual decent prizes would be the way to go in my opinion. Or some kind of a ladder reward for being certain ladder after each month and it being the same for all tiers would tempt everyone to try other tiers than the overcrowded OU.

But I think the bottomline should be that every tier gives the same rewards so there would be no favoring any tier artificially.

Edited by OrangeManiac
On 3.09.2016 at 2:33 PM, OrangeManiac said:

I don't exactly like the idea of more BP from UU and NU compared to OU because it would make it seem like more important than OU and it should not be.

Look at the prizes for official tournaments.

OU: Rhydon, Machamp, Dodrio

UU: Sneasel.

NU is shit, I don't even know if there was a 128 men NU tournament yet

Doubles: TTar, Hitmontop.

(those just come to the top of my head from latest officials)

If they do not have problems with favorising certain tiers by giving really OP prizes (especially for doubles), then I see no problem in buffing the BP payout either.

I pretty much agree with the rest of your post though, just not with that one part- OU will always be the main tier, regardless of payouts. Some of us are just quite desperated to have some matches in a different tier than the one where Snorlax is in 90% of the matches

Edited by RysPicz
3 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Look at the prizes for official tournaments.

OU: Rhydon, Machamp.

UU: Sneasel.

Doubles: TTar, Hitmontop.

(those just come to the top of my head from latest officials)

If they do not have problems with favorising certain tiers by giving really OP prizes (especially for doubles), then I see no problem in buffing the BP payout either.

I pretty much agree with the rest of your post though, just not with that one part- OU will always be the main tier, regardless of payouts. Some of us are just quite desperated to have some matches in a different tier than the one where Snorlax is in 90% of the matches

There are gonna be two. Stantler and HP-less Raichu kek 

10 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

SHARPEDO????? although it was 64

+1 on the leaderboard officials.

Edited by TheChampionMike
1 hour ago, RysPicz said:

For quite a while I've been trying to get a match in UU/ NU. Both ranked and unranked, at different times. I'm getting maybe one match per week... So I thought about encouraging people to play ranked UU and NU and ways of how to do it.

1. Increasing the BP payout for those tiers

Probably the simpliest method. OU will remain the most heavily sieged tier regardless and the amount of BP payouts for the lower tiers shouldn't be noticeable but I'm more than sure that people will get lured by bigger bp payouts to get the needed BP faster.

2. Leaderboard tournaments with shiny prizes

Your leaderboard tournaments kinda... sucked. Monetary prizes are cool but people like to have a usable trophy as well. The fact that their hard work might reward with a nice shiny at the very end of the month during leaderboard tournament would lure more people again.

That's the two things I can think about right now. Help?

Gift shinies basically ended competitive play for me. What is the point competing for 1 or 2 million pokeyen?? seriously! Fighting your ass off to get a cool ''gift'' shiny while some spanish noobs catch shiny starters... gg

Edited by Legionaire
9 hours ago, Frag said:

What's the point on getting rank 1 if u get nothing, this rank system is meaningless, It's just a easy way to farm bp. No prize, no game.

If I remember correctly, Squirtle said somewhere there is a prize for 1st place, but they've not thought of a suitable prize yet. Not sure what happened to that, since that was a while back. I think it was even said in the patch notes.

On 8.09.2016 at 3:42 PM, Thunderprime said:

Lot of money would still be a great prize if each leaderboard would actually restart each month with a top 16man tourney. I dont even bother playing ranked unless I need bp because the people at the top of the list are way too above. So why other people that think like me would play UU NU then?

I wanted to quote it but I was postbanned kek

Yeah that's also true, the leaderboard should be reset once a month imo. I also don't feel like climbing the ladder, seeing how people can play 2-3 sessions per day when I was able to play only one.

Plz fix this devs.

I love NU//UU and I'm so tired of boring OU .

Please fix this so we can have fun.

For some or a lot of people I know.

We only truly enjoy UU NU

why is it that the majority of the setup is based around only OU .

I feel like i can't even find a match in NU UU matchmaking ever.

Its really sad.

There has to be some ways you can fix this.

Please give us your users a response. @Kyu

@Desu 

Please have some sort of feed back for us.

This is really big thorn in my side.

I love this side of the game and I feel overall gameplay suffers due to the minimum player requirement here.

If you are worried about people cheating to get bp thats easily fixed too.

I'm just trying to have fun with these pokemon which happen to be my favorites that are UU NU... @Tyrone

I woulld like to bump this a little bit and add one more argument behind the suggestion.

Right now only way of making bp through matchmaking is OU, which again- considering the weekly tier tournaments (bless you @Munya )- is discrediting other tiers a lot. It literally forces the NU/ UU players to play OU or go grind BP to frontier or battle tower instead of earning the BP from playing in the tier the players enjoy.

Please respond

Just now, Thunderprime said:

Lmao your comment is even more worthless. Have a like too

My comment is pointing at our friendly staff member's message which is nowhere near the problem I have moved in my topic, nor suggest a solution to something which most obviously is broken. This far I have been getting useful feedback and I would really like to keep it up like that. We can continue circlejerking like that and continue pointing out that this post is useless or start working on solution and discuss what could be actually done to... encourage people to play different tiers in matchmaking.

I like the idea of making UU/NU more popular, though I wouldn't care about the popularity if I was able to do other things on the side of waiting for a match.  I remember seeing a thread about adding the ORAS Battle Box function to the game, that way you can use your PVE team to do other things while waiting to do a match with your PVP team.  If I can find that thread i'm going to bump it too.