That Special Box \^.^/

Keihatsu

Question

Image result for Switching pokemon in pc Pic

Ever want to transfer pokemon to another character on the same account but you don't have anyone you can trust to help you transfer them?

Well if we could have 1 box in our PC that would allow us to share pokemon on the same account between characters on the same account, then we wouldn't have to worry about being scammed when trying to trust someone to help transfer!

Make it something in the gift shop or not either way i believe we should have this option to help avoid being scammed.

6 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

I am a abnormality or a minority, that's an interesting way to put it. I was chatting with some people about this thread and I seriously think that the developers plan on implementing this feature right away, due to the amount of outrage I am receiving from all over. Even if someone in game calls me an idiot, that does not deviate from my opinion that people should work for their goods instead of receiving handouts through experienced accounts. I don't think that this would be good for the game economically speaking, but since people are extremely adamant about this feature, I can say that the chances of this feature being implemented turned from about 40% to an 86% certainty.

Since this feature has a high chance of being implemented, there is no point in me debating this point any longer. I am going to resign from this discussion. Have a nice morning/afternoon/evening/night.

I did not say you were an idiot. You are right that people should work for their stuff, but you don't seem to understand that anyone using this feature already has worked for the things they would be transferring. It's only a handout if you did not get it yourself. If you obtained something yourself and want to use it on a new character, it's simply helping yourself with things you earned. Since you're so interested in economics, think about the effect something like this would have on keeping players with the game. Not only are they more likely to spend real money on the game the longer they play, they are also putting virtual money into the game's economy that they otherwise would not have if they were not earning more from running through the story (which they are less likely to do if they have to go through someone else to transfer their Pokemon and items that make a new playthrough interesting). I'm sorry, but I don't see how any argument you've made so far holds water. It just makes so much more sense to implement this both because the majority of players want it and because there are no apparent, reasonable downsides (like whatever reason the staff might come up with about not wanting to encourage alts or some shit. What a joke).

On 8/13/2016 at 0:44 PM, Kimikozen said:

You can't send mail to your alts that are attached to the same account. The error message is, "You cannot send mail to yourself." I am not sure if this is intended to stop an exploit, but it would be very useful to exchange over items/money from your alt accounts to your main account without other people or a second computer. 

On 9/26/2012 at 2:21 PM, JS6786 said:

Updating a really old thread because I still have the same question.

Why can't we send mail (read: pokes, items, money) between characters on the same account? The need to use a middle man to accomplish this feature is both silly and unreliable.

If you're worried about balancing, lock the feature until post-E4.

Thoughts?

Been waiting for this feature since 2012, still have no idea what's taken the dev team this long.

1) By allowing characters on the same account to trade/send mail/have a common PC box, we would allow for greater player independence as well as eliminate one of the main motivators for creating alts on different accounts (a point which has already been raised in this thread and which I agree with). 

2) If you're worried about balancing, just make this feature unlock after beating the elite four. It's really not that complicated.

I don't see how this feature would be broken, exploitable, or unbalanced. In my four years on this game, no one has ever made a convincing argument against this feature. That being said, it STILL has not been implemented.

On 8/28/2016 at 10:54 PM, Gilan said:

or... you know.... they could just let characters on the same account mail eachother... lmao.

Characters on the same account cannot mail eachother.

Also, having the same account shared box option is highly preferable over an improves mailing system.

1# It is like a battle box where we can keep all our best comps

2# Mailing system improvement would charge us 1k each time we wanted to get a pokemon from another character on the same account, and its a much slower and more tedious process than simply being able to access a box with them all already there.

#3 People have been wishing for this Battle Box feature for years. Its all Pros and no Cons and helps us keep scammers from robbing us as we are currently forced to either trust someone to hold our pokemon while we get on our alts, or make entire alt accounts to mail them to.

11 hours ago, Keihatsu said:

Its all Pros and no Cons

Nothing ever has no cons. The cons for this idea are that the mailing system already works great, it just the issue of letting characters on the same account be able to interact through it. Including a "battle box" would be entirely different from the mailing system and would require development time, more so than simply expanding the mailing system (at least as far as I am aware). Furthermore, it would be an additional feature alongside the mailing system and would cause more "clutter" in game that would require explaining to new players. Since it would work similar to a mailing system, people will eventually want the feature of a battle box expanded to where they can authorize other accounts to employ it, which would require even more additional time of development, and at that point I don't think our priorities would be straight.

Though I'm in no way against the Battle Box idea, I believe that simply employing the mailing system instead would be a good compromise that would be a simple fix. I also believe that it is important to not be biased on these suggestions (and seeing as how you see no cons in your idea, it hurts your credibility in making the suggestion in the first place, as it shows that you haven't considered the idea from all the angles).

Edited by Gilan
grammar mistakes #toolazytofix shoot me for it
On 9/7/2016 at 4:24 PM, Gilan said:

Nothing ever has no cons. The cons for this idea are that the mailing system already works great, it just the issue of letting characters on the same account be able to interact through it. Including a "battle box" would be entirely different from the mailing system and would require development time, more so than simply expanding the mailing system (at least as far as I am aware). Furthermore, it would be an additional feature alongside the mailing system and would cause more "clutter" in game that would require explaining to new players. Since it would work similar to a mailing system, people will eventually want the feature of a battle box expanded to where they can authorize other accounts to employ it, which would require even more additional time of development, and at that point I don't think our priorities would be straight.

Though I'm in no way against the Battle Box idea, I believe that simply employing the mailing system instead would be a good compromise that would be a simple fix. I also believe that it is important to not be biased on these suggestions (and seeing as how you see no cons in your idea, it hurts your credibility in making the suggestion in the first place, as it shows that you haven't considered the idea from all the angles).

no offense, but i still find my idea to be much more convenient than changing the mailing system.

Pretty sure most people will agree.

good insight on your part and all, but people want this.

7 minutes ago, Keihatsu said:

no offense, but i still find my idea to be much more convenient than changing the mailing system.

Pretty sure most people will agree.

good insight on your part and all, but people want this.

This response just tells me that you don't understand at all what I've been saying.

4 minutes ago, Gilan said:

This response just tells me that you don't understand at all what I've been saying.

*Shoves sweet red bean bun in Gilan's mouth*

Shhhh >//.//> i read it again.

yea your idea is good, as long as this leads to us being able to transfer pokemon between characters on the same account somehow without us having to trust other people to hold them for us and scammin us, i'm good with either method.

This will be a huge improvement and give people one less reason to make entire alt accounts.

8 hours ago, Keihatsu said:

10/10 Comment ^^ to the point and supportive

I can agree to the fact that this would be useful.

I think this should be done.

Seems difficult to implement.

Definitely does seem like it would be difficult to implement this compared to a few other suggestions that have been made.

A good idea even so.

I can't disagree with this idea.

It would make it a lot easier to make money. A lot faster.

At least for individuals who farm financing.

I can agree.

Do this devs.

Edited by Hotarubi
Just now, FinnTheMember said:

Using alts is allowed in game. Having problems while item transferring is meaningless. Cant mail your alt etc. 

I agree with that too.

Another thing i wanted to see implemented was the ability to remove items on Pokemon that remain inside the PC.

This idea seems even better considered.

That way you can just share those pokemon and said items.

We will see the response of staff.

13 minutes ago, FinnTheMember said:

Using alts is allowed in game. Having problems while item transferring is meaningless. Cant mail your alt etc. 

well you cant mail your alt if its on the same account, and pokemmo staff want to stop people from making entire alt accounts, so this is another great reason they would implement this feature as i posted before.

7 hours ago, Bishav said:

Mail to self seems a better option imo, battle box seems a lot of work, considering how much the devs hate alts.

I'm tired of this "devs hate alts" bs. It's simply not true. The devs might hate alt accounts, but they don't hate alt characters. If they hated alt characters, then they would simply remove the feature.

The battle box and/or intra-account mail service would alleviate one large motivation for creating alt accounts. So, if you're a dev and you hate "alts" you should implement this feature now.

Edited by JS6786
43 minutes ago, JS6786 said:

I'm tired of this "devs hate alts" bs. It's simply not true. The devs might hate alt accounts, but they don't hate alt characters. If they hated alt characters, then they would simply remove the feature.

The battle box and/or intra-account mail service would alleviate one large motivation for creating alt accounts. So, if you're a dev and you hate "alts" you should implement this feature now.

Having one sweeper team per alt account (three characters) greatly promotes alt running. If you transfer a Pokémon to any one of the characters in the account, it can be used all across the board.

2 hours ago, JS6786 said:

I so agree with u about this, why they would hate alts? i just don't get it, its the quite opposite the more alts the more gameplay plus once a time most of us need to make an alt bcus... well space

showing-gallery-for-desktop-clipart-png-ogYBtP-clipart.png

42 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

Alt accounts take up extra server space

um well yea, pfff forgot we cannot delete chars >.<

that's why i liked that idea tbh, ppl aside the fact that are greedy we also rly need a way to keep some pokes in terms of strateg since pokes offer so much modification to their stats and moves for different strategies.

On 9/16/2016 at 5:05 AM, ragstal said:

I so agree with u about this, why they would hate alts? i just don't get it, its the quite opposite the more alts the more gameplay plus once a time most of us need to make an alt bcus... well space

More gameplay for a short time, maybe. Nobody uses all of their alt accounts regularly, yet each is permanent. It takes up space that simply isn't necessary.

Also these hypothetical debates over how we THINK the development team feels vis-a-vis alternate accounts or server space really don't relate to the suggestion at hand. Please try to stay on topic.

Edited by JS6786
On 9/18/2016 at 0:32 AM, JS6786 said:

Also these hypothetical debates over how we THINK the development team feels vis-a-vis alternate accounts or server space really don't relate to the suggestion at hand. Please try to stay on topic.

I am on topic, thank you. this idea playing a part in less entire alt accounts being made, is a great thing for the server and that being another supportive perk of this idea means im still on topic.

Nothing wrong with emphasizing all the wonderful things about a suggestion ^^

#Still on topic