Show Poster Name on GTL

cicekholdings

Question

I know that there has been a topic recently close about this suggestion but going through what Munya said "  This has been denied before, you can find the reason here. ". I am quite puzzled. The sheer idiocy in explaining why people should be anonymous in GTL bothers me.

Nightshade said "I think the GTL should be entirely anonymous and negotiation outside of the GTL would defeat the purpose of a centralizing trade system that can be monitored for an acceptable price." .... so every MMO out there that has an AH and SHOWs the poster does it wrong but this minuscule java project mods know it better okay then on to next.

Then XelaKebert mentioned "  This suggestion will not be happening. Since the purpose of the GTL is to allow for statically priced goods to be bought and sold there is zero need to know whom you are selling to or whom you are buying from in the GTL. ". First of all, he/she has no idea what statistically price goods mean .. just because you use a word doesn't mean you know what you are talking about and he/she is the truly representation of that statement. There is indeed a million different reasons why EVERY decent MMO with a decent player base that utilize AH show poster names.

You have any idea how many times buyers have pokes left that are unsold but if you could contact the seller you would negotiate a price 0.8x and buy it.

How many times, GTL bots (something that been recognized by MODs sweep the GTL and we can't trace pokes)

But of course there are reasons as to why they are scared to implement the naming system;

1 - It would allow for more negotiations > more people are in risk of getting scammed > MODs / GMs too lazy to deal with 12 year old poke players getting scammed = not implemented

2 - They don't want people to shy away from GTL coz of the money dump into the posting fees ... the game already has barely any money dumps aside from breeding

3 - They don't want name and shame because carebear 

Meh, I ll still snipe %90 of the goodies and resell them for shit load ... i guess not seeing my name on those flips is a good thing after all lol 

17 answers to this question

Munya,nightshade and Xelakebert has strong points.I agree with them too GTL shouldnt be negotiable they are good as they are now.

I think the feature of knowing who bought your stuff in GTL might be useful but there might good reasons for it to not to be added.So if anyone of you guys know the reasons I'd be glad to know them.Thanks in advance 

And I hope there should be no further threads about this "show name on gtl" thing 

~Qaviul

lol, I think of the GTL more of like the GE of RS. Just wish I could put in Buys (for at least items) so that I actually flipp stuff and make yen off of that...

In my ideal GTL (which is far from the one that's implemented), you don't get to see what's listed and you don't get to see the current Buys. It would eliminate people getting shinies for dirt cheap.

i.e. you could put in a single Buy for x,y, and z species with the condition that they are shiny and put up v amount of yen. That Buy goes to the system and puts you in a queue. You have priority over those who put up less money for the same conditions as well as those who entered the same conditions at a later time (you would actually be entered into 3 different queues for the example given, one for x, one for y and one for z). Once you are first in the queue and someone posts a sell that meets your criteria (i.e. shiny y) you buy that sell and your Buy is then removed from the system.

Hope that made sense. Imo, it would be much better than the auction house.

4 hours ago, cicekholdings said:

Nightshade

could contact the seller you would negotiate a price 0.8x and buy it.

I'm sorry but don't we have /trade for it? I mean, a lot of people are selling things outside GTL to get a little better prize. For example leppa berries were on 1.8k in gtl but one guy sold few for 1.7k on /trade. Sure he could get a little more, but he sold it quickly and without paying tax.

I don't see need for this suggestion to happen. If player wants to put something for 2m he don't want to get spam of "I can buy it for 1.5m" cause if he would want it, he would went to /trade. 

Edited by Bearminator
B-but I am carebear
7 hours ago, cicekholdings said:

I know that there has been a topic recently close about this suggestion but going through what Munya said "  This has been denied before, you can find the reason here. ". I am quite puzzled. The sheer idiocy in explaining why people should be anonymous in GTL bothers me.

Nightshade said "I think the GTL should be entirely anonymous and negotiation outside of the GTL would defeat the purpose of a centralizing trade system that can be monitored for an acceptable price." .... so every MMO out there that has an AH and SHOWs the poster does it wrong but this minuscule java project mods know it better okay then on to next.

Then XelaKebert mentioned "  This suggestion will not be happening. Since the purpose of the GTL is to allow for statically priced goods to be bought and sold there is zero need to know whom you are selling to or whom you are buying from in the GTL. ". First of all, he/she has no idea what statistically price goods mean .. just because you use a word doesn't mean you know what you are talking about and he/she is the truly representation of that statement. There is indeed a million different reasons why EVERY decent MMO with a decent player base that utilize AH show poster names.

You have any idea how many times buyers have pokes left that are unsold but if you could contact the seller you would negotiate a price 0.8x and buy it.

How many times, GTL bots (something that been recognized by MODs sweep the GTL and we can't trace pokes)

But of course there are reasons as to why they are scared to implement the naming system;

1 - It would allow for more negotiations > more people are in risk of getting scammed > MODs / GMs too lazy to deal with 12 year old poke players getting scammed = not implemented

2 - They don't want people to shy away from GTL coz of the money dump into the posting fees ... the game already has barely any money dumps aside from breeding

Meh, I ll still snipe %90 of the goodies and resell them for shit load ... i guess not seeing my name on those flips is a good thing after all lol 

GTL is perfect as is. We don't need to know who is selling and who is buying. If you're unhappy about your snipes keep watching the gtl more carefully.

Honestly, I believe that the GTL could use some tweaking. First thing that comes to mind is the tax. Or, more specifically, the inability to lower your price after the original listing. Unless you remove and relist an item for a lower price, there is no way to settle on something less than what you originally asked. Second thing that comes to mind would be allowing the listing to be automatically dropped in price after a set amount of time OR allowing us to set a price that we would settle for after that time. For example, listing a Pokemon for 100k and setting it to drop to 80k if no one buys it within a week.

9 minutes ago, BigShotJoe said:

Honestly, I believe that the GTL could use some tweaking. First thing that comes to mind is the tax. Or, more specifically, the inability to lower your price after the original listing. Unless you remove and relist an item for a lower price, there is no way to settle on something less than what you originally asked. Second thing that comes to mind would be allowing the listing to be automatically dropped in price after a set amount of time OR allowing us to set a price that we would settle for after that time. For example, listing a Pokemon for 100k and setting it to drop to 80k if no one buys it within a week.

This is a better suggestion.

EDIT : Besides if your listings aren't selling it is obviously overpriced. If people list their shit at the right prices then it's gonna get sold.

Edited by Legionaire
10 minutes ago, Legionaire said:

This is a better suggestion.

Maybe in some ways, but it still doesn't solve the problem with people severely overpricing their listings. Perhaps showing a list of current offers? Much like the current listings tab, but with offers people have made instead. You could either accept or reject each offer and could receive only one offer per person in a day (to avoid spam). If you aren't interested in taking any offers other than what you asked, you simply wouldn't look at the offers tab. Your original asking price would be the auto-buy price. Doesn't require any names to be exchanged, there's no way to harass the seller or buyer, and everything remains neat and tidy (people with loads of listings could be an issue, but I'm sure the devs can come up with a solution for that. Maybe clicking on a listing of your own brings up the list of offers for that specific listing with a marker of some sort to indicate which listings have had offers made. Mousing over a listing could show the 3-5 offers). 

Just food for thought.

Edit reply: Most people don't bother cancelling their overpriced listings which leads to an absolutely ridiculous number of listings in the GTL. Personally, I think that's a problem. Not sure if anyone else does.

Edited by BigShotJoe

Well, from a player's standpoint, it's a lack of quality control. The GTL becomes flooded with postings that nobody will even consider and will stay there forever. From a developer's standpoint, it's a lot of garbage listings that take up server space that could be used for something productive. Maybe it's not an issue now, but I can it becoming one in the future.

8 minutes ago, BigShotJoe said:

Edit reply: Most people don't bother cancelling their overpriced listings which leads to an absolutely ridiculous number of listings in the GTL. Personally, I think that's a problem. Not sure if anyone else does.

Some people tend to leave the game for a while and then all their listings must be claimed if not sold which removes them from the gtl. Those type of people with a thousand + listings will probably have learned their lesson.

3 minutes ago, Legionaire said:

Some people tend to leave the game for a while and then all their listings must be claimed if not sold which removes them from the gtl. Those type of people with a thousand + listings will probably have learned their lesson.

Yeah, some people. Many more don't leave. They continue logging in at least once a week and posting more listings.

At any rate, this isn't the place for that discussion.

8 hours ago, Bearminator said:

I'm sorry but don't we have /trade for it? I mean, a lot of people are selling things outside GTL to get a little better prize. For example leppa berries were on 1.8k in gtl but one guy sold few for 1.7k on /trade. Sure he could get a little more, but he sold it quickly and without paying tax.

I don't see need for this suggestion to happen. If player wants to put something for 2m he don't want to get spam of "I can buy it for 1.5m" cause if he would want it, he would went to /trade. 

That's exactly my point. We actually DON'T have the /trade for it. When the player base is this big, people clutter the trade chat with the biggest trash pokes and good luck selling anything on it. People know that it is literally pointless to spam /trade chat for hours so they eat the tax and post the item on GTL. 

If I could see the 1.2 mil Starmie that was posted 7 days ago, I could contact the seller and negotiate. But instead, I watch people people symbols in their traded spam and link 6 shinies that they don't sell for hours on end.

This has been rejected multiple times for the reason stated. Purchasing something from the GTL is like going to the grocery store, you either pay the asking price there or you shop elsewhere. There is no negotiation. If you wish to negotiate outside of the GTL you should use Trade chat for this purpose.