[Uber Discussion] Metagross

As funny as the calcs are against the shitmons the guy kind of has a point.

Metagross has 600 BST putting him into a league of his own.  Not to mention his OP typing.  I'm not saying we should ban him by any means because we all know his speed ends up being his demise.  Still i think its healthy to look at mons like this with OP BST and atleast consider the option of banning him, however stupid or unlikely it is. 

That being said there are some other cancerous issues in the meta currently with lax approaching 50% usage and chansey being near that usage prior to his unbanning.  Those mons both being the most viable spec walls in the OU meta right now.  Thats cancerous imo.

Lmao Dugtrio Make fatality at metagross not metagross at dugtrio...

Nidoqueen and Nidoking is poison ground if i remember is x4 at ground

Camerupt is Fire ground x4 ground

Piloswine is too a ice type and meteor mash stab can hurt x2 dmge

Flygon is ground and DRAGON type x4  at ice.. and meta get outspeed from flygon lol

and why u calc murkrow? lol

3 minutes ago, blahblahbal said:

I'd just like to know where that calculator TC shows is. It looks pretty cool.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/

1 minute ago, DarylDixon said:

Lmao Dugtrio Make fatality at metagross not metagross at dugtrio...

Nidoqueen and Nidoking is poison ground if i remember is x4 at ground

Camerupt is Fire ground x4 ground

Piloswine is too a ice type and meteor mash stab can hurt x2 dmge

Flygon is ground and DRAGON type x4  at ice.. and meta get outspeed from flygon lol

and why u calc murkrow? lol

Ground isn't SE vs Ground, so Nidoqueen, Nidoking and Camerupt have 2x weakness to EQ.

@LordStifler

I see that you have put a lot of effort and thought into making this Discussion thread.

The usage of damage calculator is very useful when discussing a pokemon's strength for sure, but the examples you have picked out weren't the most relevant cases.

The damage calculations should compare pokemon in the same Tier. (This means the damage calculations versus Sandslash and Murkrow have little meaning for Metagross' strength because honestly they will almost never face eachother).

Another policy of the Competition Alley is that Discussion threads are started by Darkshade, a member of the Tier Council or myself.

You can request to open a Discussion thread by one of us, by posting here: 

I'd like to thank you for your dedication and enthusiasm making this thread though, it is appreciated and I hope you will learn from my constructive criticism for future discussions.

• Tyrone locked this topic