Sweet scent ocarina.

lilyek

Question

Hello, since there are HM's ocarinas, I think it would be cool to have a Sweet scent ocarina.

I think a lot of people will buy it, so there are benefits for everybody, money for you, easiest farming for us.

Advantages :

- One more free slot in party.

- Faster EVs training.

- Easiest shiny hunting.

- Leppa berry price reduced for buyers.

Disadvantages :

- Leppa berry price reduced for resellers.

What about a $$$ Ocarina that gives you $ when you clic it ? :3

Thb, that would make leppas useless, and shiny hunting/ev training easy, but not in a reasonable way.

The only way I can agree to that suggestion is if the ocarina follows the "global PP" rule that already happen when you holding 2 sweet scent poke in your team.

-> Make leppas still usefull, make key binding possible on sweet scent.

7 minutes ago, Raederz said:

What about a $$$ Ocarina that gives you $ when you clic it ? :3

You can say the same thing for HM ocarina, so no comment.

10 minutes ago, Raederz said:

that would make leppas useless

Not really, you still need leppa if you don't want to come back to poke center for your false sweep or horde's killer pokemon.

Also leppa are still usefull for metronome tournament.

13 minutes ago, Raederz said:

shiny hunting/ev training easy, but not in a reasonable way.

This is the goal since we already need to grind hard.

This would be (maybe too) nice to have as it makes shiny hunting and EV training indeed (possibly too) easy

HM moves don't use up PPs

Sweet scent does, and even more so in PokéMMO to slow down tge pace in which something is achieved

For that reason, I doubt a sweet scent ocarine would be implemented, unless it in fact had PPs that would be used up as well... (thus bringing a free party slot as the only advantage)

37 minutes ago, Raederz said:

Current ocarina does utility things.

Sweet Scent ocarina would generate value.

Ok, so what about a consumable sweet scent ocarina which for example will be destroyed after 100 uses ? Or like the old vs seeker which needs a huge amount of steps to reload after XX uses (for an amazing reward point cost like 2K) ?

Edited by lilyek

This will be great for us but the game wont be the same as Leppa berries wont be useful anymore and the game will be a lot easier and wont be balanced.Devs did a great job on balancing the PP on sweet scent I'd say so IMO sweet scent ocarina shouldn't be installed

Some shiny prizes would drop pretty hard.

A sweet scent ocarina you can fill with leppa berries could be a thing. But not really needed cause much effort and you can simply teach sweet scent to your smeargle (everyone got a smeargle), right click it in hotbar and use sweet scent.

Edited by BilllaBong
25 minutes ago, BilllaBong said:

Some shiny prizes would drop pretty hard.

A sweet scent ocarina you can fill with leppa berries could be a thing. But not really needed cause much effort and you can simply teach sweet scent to your smeargle (everyone got a smeargle), right click it in hotbar and use sweet scent.

Still good for key binding^^

1 hour ago, GeneralVenican said:

how about the ocarina have charges, for say 200? and u need to go to the pokecenter or pay a certain amount to a npc so he recharges it? or yaknow, wait for it to be recharged?

Why more than a Sweet scent poke ?

Current Ocarinas dont do more than a HM slave.

2 minutes ago, Raederz said:

Why more than a Sweet scent poke ?

Current Ocarinas dont do moke than a HM slave.

its that it has more uses before u have to fill it back up, not that u need to have more pokemon with you when using sweet scent imo. when sweetscenting u only need the poke and a smear anyway, or even only the smear

Edited by GeneralVenican
38 minutes ago, GeneralVenican said:

its that it has more uses before u have to fill it back up, not that u need to have more pokemon with you when using sweet scent imo. when sweetscenting u only need the poke and a smear anyway, or even only the smear

Why dont just give it PP ? So you're sure it wont be overpowered. Makes one free pokemon slot (What Ocarinas supposed to do), and enable sweet scent key binding.

Would make shiny hunting with controller possible.

8 hours ago, lilyek said:

Disadvantages :

- Leppa berry price reduced for resellers.

this alone is enough to make it a no.

The other ocarinas don't effect economy at all besides the fact that they become things to sell themselves. The amount of money you'd save on this ocarina would be absolutely ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Raederz said:

Would make shiny hunting with controller possible.

you can use sweet scent with a controller as is, but being able to hotkey sweet scent would certainly be faster.

program a button to game menu, select party, go to your sweet scent user, use sweet scent. kind of a pain to get used to, but very do-able. 

Sweet Scent Ocarina + 30 PP (Sweet Scent Max PP is 32)

Refill each time you go to Pokemon Center.

This way we can have a bindeable Sweet Scent that will do nothing more than a basic Pokemon with Sweet Scent will do, nice for EV Traning, not so much for Shiny Hunting (Pokemon + Berrys is a better way).

1 hour ago, Lunos said:

ELI5 why does Sweet Scent on a Slave have to use 5PPs everytime you use it in the overworld.

If an ocarina actually fixes that and make it use 1PP at time, as a player, I'll agree with the suggestion.

Making it use 1PP would be broken. Leppas must be a thing.

I just want the Sweet Scent Incense to be hotkey-able and get a magazine so I can load up 99 leppas and shiny hunt without reloading every 6 moves. Don't mess with the leppa economy or reduce PP just make it easier to use like ocarinas.

Spoiler

Gotta be an incense because you can play the ocarina in the rain, and seems more rational to reload an incense with berries than a ocarina :^). 
I'm sick of doing the Small Menu Shortcuts Kyu please.

D Z Z Z DOWN DOWN DOWN Z #NeverForget

Edited by Bluebird