Trying to run pokemon on my school pc

gandrix

Hello trainers, Im having some issues trying to play pokemon on my school pc. My school pc has admin control so i cant dowload programs which is not allowed. I have tryed to download through memory stick which works almost.... you see the pokemmo client icon wont show up and i cant enter the game. ( the picture which is instead of the pokemmo logo is a piece of papir). 

Am i missing any programs which is needed on my school pc? Thanks for alll help :)

41 minutes ago, gandrix said:

Hello trainers, Im having some issues trying to play pokemon on my school pc. My school pc has admin control so i cant dowload programs which is not allowed. I have tryed to download through memory stick which works almost.... you see the pokemmo client icon wont show up and i cant enter the game. ( the picture which is instead of the pokemmo logo is a piece of papir). 

Am i missing any programs which is needed on my school pc? Thanks for alll help :)

I used to use a usb stick (it has to be big enough, or else it won't be able to contain the full game, and thus won't work). I would just run the game from the stick itself. PokeMMO is capable of being run from a usb stick cause of how low intensity it is.

The reason the icon turned to the generic file image (i.e. paper), was because it was a short cut and it's pointer no longer pointed to anything (all shortcuts look like the paper icon, but when they point to an application, they take on that application's icon image).

edit:

back in highschool I think a couple of my friends were able to get around it thanks to dropbox/mediafire

Edited by Gilan
15 hours ago, Gilan said:

I used to use a usb stick (it has to be big enough, or else it won't be able to contain the full game, and thus won't work). I would just run the game from the stick itself. PokeMMO is capable of being run from a usb stick cause of how low intensity it is.

The reason the icon turned to the generic file image (i.e. paper), was because it was a short cut and it's pointer no longer pointed to anything (all shortcuts look like the paper icon, but when they point to an application, they take on that application's icon image).

edit:

back in highschool I think a couple of my friends were able to get around it thanks to dropbox/mediafire

Sorry if im misunderstanding you but are you telling me the icon is just a shortcut? If thats right were can i find the gamefile itself? Maybe thats the only thing missing for me to run the game on the school pc? 

2 hours ago, gandrix said:

Sorry if im misunderstanding you but are you telling me the icon is just a shortcut? If thats right were can i find the gamefile itself? Maybe thats the only thing missing for me to run the game on the school pc? 

Yes you need waaay more than just the icon to run the game (same is true for nearly all other games).

So on your original computer where you normally play pokemmo, right click on the icon and select "open file location". This should take you to where you saved PokeMMO on your hard drive. Navigate outwards (i.e. in the navigation bar at the top where is has something like C:\Program Files (x84)\PokeMMO) click on the option that exists just before PokeMMO. This should then show you a folder named PokeMMO where all of the game data is saved. Right click on that folder and select "copy". Then navigate to your usb stick or however you want to transfer the game, and paste the folder into it (again, make sure the usb stick is big enough to hold all the pokemmo files).

Then when you get to school, insert the stick into one of the school computers and navigate to it in the file explorer. Open the folder and look for the PokeMMO application. Double click that and the game should start up.

• Zehkar locked this topic