Does x4 resistance exist?

cacorduliz

I know there's x4 vulnerability, for example if you use an electric move on a flying/water type Pokemon.

But I wonder, would the happen happen for x4 resistances? Let's say Paras uses a bug-type move on Blaziken (Fire/Fighting type, both resistant against bug). Would Blaziken only get 1/4 damage then? "Yes" should be the obvious answer, but I don't know how PokeMMO works and that's why I'm asking.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

6 hours ago, BigShotJoe said:

It should also be noted that it's possible to have a 1/8 resistance if a Pokemon's typing and ability match up (thinking of Walrein with Thick Fat here).

OOhhh snappp.  Never thought of that.  Gen 6 allows you to add a third type to mons with certain moves too so....... 16x resistance ftw?

5 hours ago, Xatu said:

OOhhh snappp.  Never thought of that.  Gen 6 allows you to add a third type to mons with certain moves too so....... 16x resistance ftw?

I don't know about that. I don't think there are any abilities that work that way with grass or ghost types and I believe those are the only types that can be added with a move (outside of certain game modes on Showdown, that is).

• Zehkar locked this topic