The Shiny Egg

Legionaire

Question

Okay so this might be a bit Farfetched ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) , but I was thinking about the Pokedex. Tbh not a lot of people have full ''OT'' dex and my proposal is after a player completes the regions and has all badges including all the catchable pokes in his OT dex, he gets rewarded a random shiny egg. The egg has a 1 / 360 blah blah chance to contain any random shiny??? Does this seem possible?? Will it effect the market that much lol.

Edit : Isn't the point of this game to catch em all??

Edited by Legionaire

17 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Legionaire said:

Okay so this might be a bit Farfetched ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) , but I was thinking about the Pokedex. Tbh not a lot of people have full ''OT'' dex and my proposal is after a player completes the regions and has all badges including all the catchable pokes in his OT dex, he gets rewarded a random shiny egg. The egg has a 1 / 360 blah blah chance to contain any random shiny??? Does this seem possible?? Will it effect the market that much lol.

Edit : Isn't the point of this game to catch em all??

i dont think its a good idea cause if someone gets a lapras from an egg it may not be as value able as now 

On 8/24/2016 at 5:00 AM, MisterHide said:

I don't think getting a shiny egg when completing the dex would be a good thing, but add something like http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shiny_Charm added after 5th gen could be a thing, even though I don't think the devs willing to implement such a thing.

Dude this is an amazing idea! But we both know won't be implemented cuz Devs like money and if you get this item who would want to buy donator status?

On 8/24/2016 at 4:55 AM, Faiyad said:

i dont think its a good idea cause if someone gets a lapras from an egg it may not be as value able as now 

I get ya mate, but like that is the thing it's 1 / 355 + pokemon and you only get the egg once. If 355 people complete their dex it's not guaranteed they will get a lapras. For all we know most players will get paras lawl.

Edited by XelaKebert
Don't double post
4 minutes ago, Legionaire said:

Devs like money and if you get this item who would want to buy donator status?

Having the shiny charm wouldn't make the donator status irrelevant, and btw with the shiny encounters chances close from nothing, 0 +10% remain at 0. Dont really think any shiny hunter actually buy the donator status just for possible shinies.

On 8/24/2016 at 5:26 AM, MisterHide said:

Having the shiny charm wouldn't make the donator status irrelevant, and btw with the shiny encounters chances close from nothing, 0 +10% remain at 0. Dont really think any shiny hunter actually buy the donator status just for possible shinies.

Ermm with the leppas people be buying donator a lot! The gtl shop always has donator which indicates that people are buying them. And even if there was the slightest chance that people won't buy donator anymore cuz the item Devs won't risk it.

On 8/24/2016 at 5:28 AM, Faiyad said:

shiny charm idea will be great like if they want the can be tradeable and can be bought of the gift shop they'll give like 30% boost for encountering shinies 

would make donator totally invalid since donator provides exp and 10% odds and people only use lucky eggs for faster exp.

Edited by XelaKebert
Use the edit button instead of double posting.
3 minutes ago, Raederz said:

Shiny Charm is a good idea, but bonus must be decreased, something like +10% would be cool.

Shiny egg sounds cool too, but lot of ppl wont agree imo, and must be shiny gift.

I actually thought of the gift thing :"(

Edit: There is no purpose for a gift shiny unless comp.

Edited by Legionaire
6 minutes ago, Legionaire said:

would make donator totally invalid since donator provides exp and 10% odds and people only use lucky eggs for faster exp.

I use donator for both 10% shiny and exp bonus. Exp bonus is the  thing that make my Donator really worth, regarding the fact Shiny = RNG.

Btw, +30% is fkin huge, must be less than 10% if a charm comes.

1 minute ago, Raederz said:

Ye, but lucky egg is definitely not that much used for leveling. Exp Share way better, and some people use daycare.

okay but earlier I was stating that if the people have the item, less donator status are going to be bought and I mean this is true. Think about it ;3

8 minutes ago, Legionaire said:

okay but earlier I was stating that if the people have the item, less donator status are going to be bought and I mean this is true. Think about it ;3

People who currently get it will continue to stack bonuses.

I liked both the egg and the charm idea not that it's easy to trade via friends all pokes to get the index data, although a 10% even less would be cool with me but at least should be last for quite some time say if it's 3-5% should last for 2-3 weeks, I think this kind of award would be manageable and durable and I don't think ppl would stop buying cuz we ppl are greedy and like dat stack em all method is must in all games shoo sure yea why the faq not? :-)

Stacking ftw boys n gurls.

Anyway I would appreciate a reward even if it was some freaking berries but Sat ~4to5 stacks cuz I'm a greedy little man