Player of the Month

Bestfriends

Question

businessman-clapping-good-job-animated-cPlayer of the Monthbusinessman-clapping-good-job-animated-c

As this may suggest, I think that the player base at large would like to hear who will be player of the month. This may include the following:

1. Has not been disciplined by staff for at least 2 months prior

2. A good example for the community to go by

3. He/she doesn't have to win officials, just be nice

I also have some in game reward options (for staff to decide) for this lucky player:

1. 500 Reward Points

2. 350k in game cash

3. 15k Battle Points

4. An extra edge in the catchathon department (like catching pokemon with great IVs for breeding). Before people criticise me, there are two major disclaimers I must address about this option:

1) I do not intend to make our great breed encounters low, it will be exactly the same. However, if you are the player of the month, it could increase the "good IVed" pokemon rate.

2) I do not intend to break the economy with this suggestion because you can only be Player of the Month for a month.

5. If Squirtle wants to do this on his spare time (if this is his department), he could make a badge that reads "PTM" or "Player of the Month." This person is not a staff member, so if they use the badge for nefarious reasons (like claiming to be staff), ban him/her right away.

6. A combo of 1-3

There might be a few more reward options I am not taking to account. I think this might be a fun project for staff to take part in. They might even think of a better reward than me. I really do look forward to this form of player appreciation by both the staff and the community.

@KaynineXL might win this (that is what my gut is telling me). If so, early congrats to him!

Edited by Bestfriends
Title and font modifications

12 answers to this question

This suggestion is kinda meh, this appeals more to popular players rather than lesser known players who follow the rules and are respectful. You even said it yourself, @KaynineXL is one of the most well known players in the game, what happens if someone has the same level of respect as kaynine but will never get noticed due to lack of popularity? This is more than a popularity contest than anything, and it would probably drive people to uguuiness. 

13 minutes ago, FuzzyRegirock said:

This suggestion is kinda meh, this appeals more to popular players rather than lesser known players who follow the rules and are respectful. You even said it yourself, @KaynineXL is one of the most well known players in the game, what happens if someone has the same level of respect as kaynine but will never get noticed due to lack of popularity? This is more than a popularity contest than anything, and it would probably drive people to uguuiness. 

Yeah, I actually agree. It's based too much on staff paying attention to in-game chat across all channels (lol). I just don't think it's feasible and would lead to some hurt feelings (cause I will cry in outrage when K9 wins over me).

1 hour ago, FuzzyRegirock said:

1 hour ago, Gilan said:

Yeah, I actually agree. It's based too much on staff paying attention to in-game chat across all channels (lol). I just don't think it's feasible and would lead to some hurt feelings (cause I will cry in outrage when K9 wins over me).

Well, what could happen is a poll above this suggestion as what I am going to call a "test" poll. During the month, they put up the candidates and people from the community and staff can vote on who deserves the rank. I know that @KaynineXL will win in a landslide (on the first poll), but the staff might alter it to where a player who already has the rank, cannot earn it until another two months (to give other people the spotlight). 

IE: "Who should be our Player of the Month??"

A) KaynineXL

B) FelineCL

C) ParrotZL

D) Kaygistyle

Edited by Bestfriends
inserted test poll below
9 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

Well, what could happen is a poll above this suggestion as what I am going to call a "test" poll. During the month, they put up the candidates and people from the community and staff can vote on who deserves the rank. I know that @KaynineXL will win in a landslide (on the first poll), but the staff might alter it to where a player who already has the rank, cannot earn it until another two months (to give other people the spotlight). 

That's still bias. If you make a poll based with players that are well known in the community, they will have a greater chance to win than others who are lesser known. And then players' feelings would be hurt for not even being mentioned on a poll, even though they try their best for the community, but are overshadowed by plebs like blackjovi better known players. This is nothing more than a popularity contest

And also why are you so confident that kaynine would win anyways? 

Edited by FuzzyRegirock
1 minute ago, FuzzyRegirock said:

That's still bias. If you make a poll based with players that are well known in the community, they will have a greater chance to win than others who are lesser known

Well, you could vote for someone else if you don't want to vote for a certain candidate. If you hate me for example and there is a ballot with my name, but you also hate all the other participants, you could "write in" a candidate like in the US elections.

4 minutes ago, Greck said:

Is that 1997?

Y2K is about to hit! Run while you still can!

Spoiler

On a serious note, I look for a picture to convey an image in your head of the idea at work. Like if I was suggesting an upgrade in pidgey encounters, I would have a picture of a pidgey and a plus sign.

Your reason is that people will behave more often for a desire to become player of the month. When in reality that person is going to be flamed/harrassed so often due to the award.

It's really not going to solve anything and the popularity concept is going to start a lot of drama.

Will do more harm than good.

Edited by frogbussoms