Make people in your link have a coloured name tag above their sprites.

Bestfriends

Question

Just like friends having a green (Lime) colour and team mates having a light blue (Cyan) colour, I would like for people in a link have a violet colour. When I communicate with someone in my link, sometimes we can lose each other, so I would like to have people in my link have a violet coloured name tag.

Edited by Bestfriends
Hotarubi and Munya showed me the flaws of a "Blocked" text colour

19 answers to this question

On 8/22/2016 at 9:21 AM, Bestfriends said:

Just like friends having a green (Lime) colour and team mates having a light blue (Cyan) colour, I would like for blocked people to have a light shade of red and people in a link have a violet colour. The reason why I would recommend this is because I would be having a chat with someone and I unintentionally blocked them (and I forgot about it), so a different shade would be appreciated. When I communicate with someone in my link, sometimes we can lose each other, so I would like to have people in my link have a violet coloured name tag.

Though not related to your bestfriends suggestion.

All colors in the fonts.xml are generally change capable via html color codes.

(^ム^)

1 hour ago, Munya said:

I'm not sure having blocked players stand out is a good idea, could be used to harass a player in a crowd that might have otherwise gone unnoticed being there.

Well, at the same time, sometimes I forget when I accidentally mis-clicked the block button. It has been such a mess to the point where a guy had to call his friend to tell me that he was blocked.

1 hour ago, Bestfriends said:

Well, at the same time, sometimes I forget when I accidentally mis-clicked the block button. It has been such a mess to the point where a guy had to call his friend to tell me that he was blocked.

Easy fix.

Frequently clean your block list.

Remember peoples names and account whom you intentionally block.

6 minutes ago, Hotarubi said:

Easy fix.

Frequently clean your block list.

Remember peoples names and account whom you intentionally block.

I hardly check block lists because I rarely block people.

Edited by Bestfriends
Cleared up a thought
3 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

I hardly check block lists because I rarely block people.

Well make note of that and check it once a day or so, since you know.......

you are aware of the fact you sometimes accidentally block people unawares.

Edited by Hotarubi
Just now, Hotarubi said:

Well make note of that and check it once a day or so, since know you are aware of the fact you sometimes accidentally block people unawares.

Well, sounds like your making a solid argument against the blocked suggestion, but the other part of the suggestion is that people in a link should be of a different colour.

I really have no opinion for or against that.

I'm not exactly sure what the benefit of this would be. :0

I'm not in the habit of forgetting things or losing people often though.

Edited by Hotarubi
Just now, Hotarubi said:

I really have no opinion for or against that.

I'm not exactly sure what the benefit of this would be. :0

Well, I do my link battles with a friend of mine that looks like Hulk Hogan and sometimes there are other Hulk Hogan lookalikes in the Battle Frontier. Some of these lookalikes are my friends, so all of them have green text above their sprites (and sometimes that person could be there looking for a link, so its awkward for me to explain that I already have a Hulkster ready for the link battle).

1 minute ago, Bestfriends said:

Well, I do my link battles with a friend of mine that looks like Hulk Hogan and sometimes there are other Hulk Hogan lookalikes in the Battle Frontier. Some of these lookalikes are my friends, so all of them have green text above their sprites (and sometimes that person could be there looking for a link, so its awkward for me to explain that I already have a Hulkster ready for the link battle).

Uhmmm well well, remember peoples names?

24 minutes ago, Hotarubi said:

Uhmmm well well, remember peoples names?

Its not that, I try to right click his sprite and then I whisper the wrong guy.

I think I can formulate a response from Hotarubi: Yes, but there is a picture of the guy's face on the name tag.

In a sense, I feel like both of us are chasing a dog's tail and we are not getting to a conclusion. You probably think I am trolling you, but I am not. You'll also think I had gone mental, but I haven't. I was trying to express my point and I guess I am speaking too much in semantics. It is not just memorisation, but also colour patterns. Why is Bf crazy about colour patterns? Wow, is this a little kid writing in on Bestfriends account? The answer is no. The reason why I vouch for colour patterns is because psychologically, colours are associated with "fun." Even as grown ups, we can appreciate colours without even realising it. I guess you could say, I was beating around the bush on this suggestion, but psychologically, there is a feeling of "fun" when the human brain views things in colour. The Nintendo 64 logo is an excellent example of how Nintendo marketed their product:

5bdc30e1e7482ddfca5a38f6234dec17.png

That logo makes me want to play the Nintendo 64 ten times over, but the psychology to the logo is the feeling of "colours everywhere" and "fun." I want to apply the same to PokeMMO by having an excuse to change the colour of someone's name. I will give you that blocked people should not have a colour change, but I see no problem in applying "fun" psychology into PokeMMO. 

Edited by Bestfriends
Got rid of the semantics and went straight to the core of the idea
17 hours ago, ragstal said:

Would be nice to see those u block with colour too now that u mention it

I do like the intent, but blocked people should not be coloured because you can effectively ignore them if they are in the same area and you didn't even know it.

4 hours ago, frogbussoms said:

Dumb question probably, but what is a link

Its when u right click at someone's name and choose link, therefor u both are linked max links are 4 and u can fight together like tag team 2v2 or do ribbon contests together and maybe stray trainers but im not so sure about that, didn't try it yet but if it can be done would be prolly something like the ordinary battles 2v2 pokes etc.