Is berries harvesting even worth?

cacorduliz

1st: I've got 3 plants dead because I didn't water them each 3 hours. You know, I have to sleep.

2nd: They produce less seeds for themselves than it takes to seed them. I harvested 10 cheri berries and I got only 10 spicy seeds, but I need 3 to plant them again. Basically, I lost 66% of my cheri berries when harvesting. What kind of logic is that?

3rd: The prices are not stupidly expensive in the global market, and I'm pretty sure I can farm $3500 in less than 72 hours, I think.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Give this guide a good read. Few things might be outdated there but it is a good guide nevertheless. 

Also, there is no need to water your berries every 3 hours or so. Once you max them (5 drops), you can forget about watering them for certain hours. For cheri berries, drain rate for all drops is 12 hours, so if you have watered your plants to max once, come after 12 hours to water them one more time and harvest them later on. Might take you some time to understand the whole farming thing but worth it imo. 

1 minute ago, cacorduliz said:

1st: I've got 3 plants dead because I didn't water them each 3 hours. You know, I have to sleep.

2nd: They produce less seeds for themselves than it takes to seed them. I harvested 10 cheri berries and I got only 10 spicy seeds, but I need 3 to plant them again. Basically, I lost 66% of my cheri berries when harvesting. What kind of logic is that?

3rd: The prices are not stupidly expensive in the global market, and I'm pretty sure I can farm $3500 in less than 72 hours, I think.

>sleeping

>not using pickup for seeds/berries

>using GTL

Say you plant one chesto bush. Costs 3 dry seeds.

At optimal performance, it'll give you like, 8 chesto berries.

Harvest one chesto, you'll get say, one dry and one very dry.

So you want to harvest two to three to get your seeds back.

And you'll have like 5 leftover berries.

In one bush! The math works fine.

If you have a defecit of seeds, it's cause you fucked up your watering and harvesting at the right time. You're not getting the max amount of berries--that's the logic.

Same way as if you plant all your seeds, and they all straight up die--you lose them all.

If you let them dry up and/or pick them up really late, you'll just lose.. most of your seeds, instead of all.

Just for the purpose of getting berries i maxed out my Swamperts strengh so i can win the beauty contest (cost me around 500k because i bought 99x stacks of the berries i thought will help and didn't realize it till i was broke) .. I always loosed it before and saw that the other players in there got berries.. now i won 2 contest and all i got was freaking water that you can buy on top of that big super market..

13 hours ago, cacorduliz said:

3h * 5 gouts means 15h. Thats pretty hard to make berries die. lol.

If I'm right, after these 15h, there is still 8*3h during which the berries become less and less worth, then, they die.

So, ye, you can sleep. And, no you cant let your berries 39 hours alone, and hope for profits.

One berry produce less than one plant.

If you're not bad, one plant give you 7 or 8 berries.

This kind of logic.

Ye suure, but can you farm 33*8*3500 (33 plants, 8 berries per plant. 924 000$), in a period of 72h, by only clicking 33 times every 24 hours ?

It a pleasure to help you.

lol.

Haha.

Edited by Raederz
5 hours ago, Raederz said:

3h * 5 gouts means 15h. Thats pretty hard to make berries die. lol.

If I'm right, after these 15h, there is still 8*3h during which the berries become less and less worth, then, they die.

So, ye, you can sleep. And, no you cant let your berries 39 hours alone, and hope for profits.

One berry produce less than one plant.

If you're not bad, one plant give you 7 or 8 berries.

This kind of logic.

Ye suure, but can you farm 33*8*3500 (33 plants, 8 berries per plant. 924 000$), in a period of 72h, by only clicking 33 times every 24 hours ?

It a pleasure to help you.

lol.

Haha.

I guess you've got a point there. I should be aware then what time it is and when I'm going to sleep in order to prevent any disaster. Thanks for your pieces of advice, sir.

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/8/2016 at 10:39 PM, cacorduliz said:

If u do things right!

well yes they worth but i suggest collect 1st a good quantity of em all then harvest for seeds

ribbon events also reward u with berries and u get quite a few pretty fast if ur good at it. And i do not mean by using pokeblocks ofc thats stupid.

• Zehkar locked this topic