[Tool] Automatic Encounter Counter (Gen 5 Support)

One more thing I want to say, when I spectate other people battle, it counts the pokemon appeare. When I meet horde like dewgong or any pokemon which can rest or do anything to refill their Hp, the counter counts. Sometime, just 1 pokemon uses rest 3 times, it counts 3 :D

2 hours ago, doraemon25 said:

One more thing I want to say, when I spectate other people battle, it counts the pokemon appeare. When I meet horde like dewgong or any pokemon which can rest or do anything to refill their Hp, the counter counts. Sometime, just 1 pokemon uses rest 3 times, it counts 3 :D

that's because all the app does is check the hp bar (aka the pixel you indicate) and see if it matches the valid green color value (and adds 1 to the counter), then waits till the pixel is no longer that green value, and once that is the case, then it knows to count again. To counteract what you are talking about, at least in the case of dewgong, the app would have to also check the battle ui (aka, once the battle ui goes away then it knows that it can count again). In terms of pvp/spectate, perhaps there is something you can look for to indicate that it is such.

Edited by Gilan
at least from what I understand about the app
11 hours ago, doraemon25 said:

I understand how java works with the one pokemon, horde 3 and 5, but I don't understand how it count pokemon when we duel double battle with npc.

It counts nice with the two pokemon when play double battle, really nice!!!

Plz tell me that trick :D

The coordinates of the middle HP bar of hordes of 5 pokemons and the left hp bar in doubles are the same.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Computerwinner said:

What am I supposed to do to get the counter to pop up? Just open the jar file? If so, that isn't doing anything. Am I missing something obvious?

I had the same problem. I moved it from the desktop to the gamefolder and made a link on the desktop. Somehow that fixex the issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Heyy @Billla! took me a while to notice you updated your counter. I bet the code looks waaaay better now hahaha

Just a small thing I noticed if you close the counter on mini mode, then open it again and go to normal mode, it won't show the always on top button.

XWR6PKX.png

Also a small / easy request it'd be nice if you could toggle the mouse movement, so it stays there and it stops giving me anxiety every time I move it while browsing :c

hugs!

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Ambikey said:

i downloaded the jar file, put it on my desktop, opened pokemmo and nothing happened :T

You also need to open the counter. Also get sure that the 'res' folder is also on your desktop.

11 hours ago, Billla said:

You also need to open the counter. Also get sure that the 'res' folder is also on your desktop.

Do I open the encounter counter.jar? It said this file could not be launched.

11 hours ago, Billla said:

Nvm I think I got it to work lol xD Its confusing to use tho, if only this tool was a built in function in the game

Edited by XelaKebert
Don't double post
20 minutes ago, mckm66 said:

i feel like i am doing something wrong but i can not find a jar file all i can find are rar files 

Unzip the zip file. Then rightclick the PokeMMO Encounter Counter file -> Open With -> Java

okay i cant find that option 

i have just deleted all the files associated with the counter and re downloaded the rar file from the first page of this thread 

now i have extracted the contents, a ''res'' file and another zip file name ''Encounter_Counter_2.0'' - i have just extracted the ''Encounter_Counter_2.0'' zip file but to no avail and when i right click a file i only get the option to ''open''  and not ''open with''

sorry for being blunt and so forth. Its to try and see if i am doing something so wrong That is not obvious to me 

18 minutes ago, mckm66 said:

okay i cant find that option 

i have just deleted all the files associated with the counter and re downloaded the rar file from the first page of this thread 

now i have extracted the contents, a ''res'' file and another zip file name ''Encounter_Counter_2.0'' - i have just extracted the ''Encounter_Counter_2.0'' zip file but to no avail and when i right click a file i only get the option to ''open''  and not ''open with''

sorry for being blunt and so forth. Its to try and see if i am doing something so wrong That is not obvious to me 

Don't extract the 'Encounter_Counter_2.0' file. Open that one with Java.

Don't worry, it's always a pleasure to help. :)

36 minutes ago, Billla said:

Don't extract the 'Encounter_Counter_2.0' file. Open that one with Java.

Don't worry, it's always a pleasure to help. :)

ok i have just done this now i the program java program i have found to try and run this file is  ''java[tm] platform sm binary'' application, when i open the file with this application a black command box thing comes up and says error: could n't not find or load main class C:( location of the file i am trying to run)

sorry im more computer illiterate XD

Edited by mckm66
1 minute ago, mckm66 said:

ok i have just done this now i the program java program i have found to try and run this file is  ''java[tm] platform sm binary'' application, when i open the file with this application a black command box thing comes up and says error: could n't not find or load main class C:( location of the file i am trying to run)

Reinstall the whole thing, then extract the zip and open the Encounter_Counter_2.0 with Java.

ive loved this program for shiny hunting but ive had an issue where the program stops tallying the encounters and/or rather adding 5 for the 5 hoards like it should, it adds 2 for some reason. im probably doing something wrong because no one else seems to have this problem but if anyone has and knows what im doing wrong feel free to lemme know!

4 hours ago, Midzz said:

ive loved this program for shiny hunting but ive had an issue where the program stops tallying the encounters and/or rather adding 5 for the 5 hoards like it should, it adds 2 for some reason. im probably doing something wrong because no one else seems to have this problem but if anyone has and knows what im doing wrong feel free to lemme know!

I'm pretty sure you didn't set the coordinates for hordes of 3 pokemons (correctly).

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, xdieguin said:

Hello, does this work yet? Is it illegal? If it's not how you use it? Because I can not :c

Hi there!

Of course it is legal to use and it also works yet. Here are two instruction videos, on how to set the counter properly.

Spoiler

And a spanish version:

Spoiler

Feel free to ask me if there is something you need help at.

Have a nice day!