Jump to content
Billla

[Tool] Automatic Encounter Counter (Gen 5 Support)

Recommended Posts

On 7/16/2017 at 3:51 PM, xdieguin said:

I need to Teddiursa ? Or the TM Move ?

If I am understanding what you are asking correctly you want to know how to encounter a Teddiursa. If this is the case then you have mistaken the purpose of this app. This app only counts the number of Pokemon you encounter in the wild. It increases the count with each battle based on the number of wild Pokemon that appear on screen. This is useful for players who shiny hunt. We do not allow the distribution of hacks, bots, macros, or any other 3rd party software that either manipulates the game's data or automates their gameplay on these forums and we expressly forbid players from using such programs.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

If I am understanding what you are asking correctly you want to know how to encounter a Teddiursa. If this is the case then you have mistaken the purpose of this app. This app only counts the number of Pokemon you encounter in the wild. It increases the count with each battle based on the number of wild Pokemon that appear on screen. This is useful for players who shiny hunt. We do not allow the distribution of hacks, bots, macros, or any other 3rd party software that either manipulates the game's data or automates their gameplay on these forums and we expressly forbid players from using such programs.

I think he may actually be asking if he needs to use a Teddiursa or the TM for Sweet Scent as one is used in the Spanish tutorial video. In which case @xdieguin any Pokemon with sweet scent can be used in order to encounter hordes, it is not a TM however. You also do not need to use sweet scent for the tool to work, it is just a recommended method of shiny hunting as you have more chances of coming across a shiny encountering 3 or 5 Pokemon at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

If I am understanding what you are asking correctly you want to know how to encounter a Teddiursa. If this is the case then you have mistaken the purpose of this app. This app only counts the number of Pokemon you encounter in the wild. It increases the count with each battle based on the number of wild Pokemon that appear on screen. This is useful for players who shiny hunt. We do not allow the distribution of hacks, bots, macros, or any other 3rd party software that either manipulates the game's data or automates their gameplay on these forums and we expressly forbid players from using such programs.

 

2 hours ago, Kizhaz said:

I think he may actually be asking if he needs to use a Teddiursa or the TM for Sweet Scent as one is used in the Spanish tutorial video. In which case @xdieguin any Pokemon with sweet scent can be used in order to encounter hordes, it is not a TM however. You also do not need to use sweet scent for the tool to work, it is just a recommended method of shiny hunting as you have more chances of coming across a shiny encountering 3 or 5 Pokemon at a time.

We already fixed his problem using private messages. Thanks anyway, buddies.

Share this post


Link to post

@Billla do you think it would be possible to add an egg count to the counter? I've noticed a recent amount of people attempting to shiny breed myself included.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, GodofKawaii said:

@Billla do you think it would be possible to add an egg count to the counter? I've noticed a recent amount of people attempting to shiny breed myself included.

You can use the increase and decrease buttons, which are already given, for this. I don't think I'll implement something like this (way too much work).

 

Share this post


Link to post

sorry but ive played this game a long time just never got technical with shinies, so this counts how many monsters i encountered which im sure would be great but what do i do with that number? how does counting how many ive encountered help me figure out when a shiny will appear? i got a shiny once but it was just random i thought, i didnt sit and farm the same guys. idk im just trying to get more shinies and kinda confused how this will help, is there some formula for monsters encountered to shiny ratio. anyway it does work great so i have to say thanks for that xD

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, alexdahobo said:

sorry but ive played this game a long time just never got technical with shinies, so this counts how many monsters i encountered which im sure would be great but what do i do with that number? how does counting how many ive encountered help me figure out when a shiny will appear? i got a shiny once but it was just random i thought, i didnt sit and farm the same guys. idk im just trying to get more shinies and kinda confused how this will help, is there some formula for monsters encountered to shiny ratio. anyway it does work great so i have to say thanks for that xD

It's for those who are curious about how many encounters they log before they encounter a shiny. Some also use it to approximate the encounter rates for certain species. The chances of finding a shiny are still random.

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, DarylDixon said:

that new update is so shitty 40563490 hours to set the horde of 5... calculator does fast than that...

?

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, Billla said:

?

i don't know why i can't set the horde x5.. the x3 one and  encounter 1v1 work, the x5 horde no... also with the new one if i did for example 10k encounter in one place and in to another 15k if i want to back to the old place i cant  put the old encounter..

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, DarylDixon said:

i don't know why i can't set the horde x5.. the x3 one and  encounter 1v1 work, the x5 horde no... also with the new one if i did for example 10k encounter in one place and in to another 15k if i want to back to the old place i cant  put the old encounter..

Are you putting the location on one of the bottom Pokemon HP bars? Because the x5 counter actually only adds 2 to the x3 counter since the top 3 Pokemon are in the same location

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, DarylDixon said:

i need to set the horde of 3 too plus the horde of 5 to work? @Kizhaz

Yes. You need to set both 3 and 5 horde types.

Share this post


Link to post
On 19.10.2017 at 1:22 AM, EmoDuck said:

@Billla My Encounter wont open up at all.

You need to save both, the "res" folder and the jar file, at the same location.

Edited by Billla

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Billla said:

You need to save both, the "res" folder and the jar file, at the sam location.

what ya mean?

Like when i click on the encounter, It wont acutally open

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, EmoDuck said:

what ya mean?

Like when i click on the encounter, It wont acutally open

Save both files on your desktop, like this:

0BG9Z2T.png

Edited by Billla

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Billla said:

Save both files on your desktop, like this:

0BG9Z2T.png

Ok i did that. i dragged them to my desktop

 

Share this post


Link to post

Well, as far as some may already know the counter doesn't work properly with the new update.

 

For some weird reason it looks like the color of the whole HP bar thingy changes every few minutes by a very small value. It almost looks like someone doesn't want the counter to exist anymore. @Anthrazit and me are currently thinking on how to fix it. I can't guarantee to be able to make the counter work again, but we are giving our best.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Billla said:

This is getting updated within the next few days, after the Head Client Customization Mod approved the update. @Kizhaz

Cheers Billla baby :x <3

Share this post


Link to post

Finally I can post this new version. Unluckily I had to remove the theme support, due to the Gen 5 update.

 

Download

 

Changelog:

  • Removed Theme Support due to Generation 5.
  • Added Generation 5 support.
  • Added a setup file, which automatically installs a batch file into the PokeMMO folder and creates a shortcut at the desktop, to start PokeMMO and the counter with 1 click. *

 

After you installed the counter just open the "PokeMMO Encounter Counter" batch file at your dekstop. Don't forget to set the correct PokeMMO folder location in the setup!

 

I'll release a standalone Counter within the next few days if there are any problems with the installer.

Edited by Billla

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.