Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Billla

[Tool] Automatic Encounter Counter (Gen 5 Support)

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, BilllaBong said:

 You can edit it already, open pokemmo_encounter_counter folder, then open the save.txt file and edit the number and save. Let's see what i can do this weekend.

Yes at the moment I am using that option, but I guess I'm kinda lazy sometimes and wish it could be faster. 

It's the same with wishing for a hotkey or maybe Ocarina for sweetscent.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Just a small gimmick thing because someone asked me how to launch both at the same time, make the .bat in the encounter folder and save the encounter folder in your pokemmo directory, then shortcut the .bat add icon w/e.

 

waxyoXh.png

Share this post


Link to post

I really enjoy that this thing just counts for me but the instructions are pretty confusing I thought, the reason being you're saying "this pixel" instead of this HP bar and you're pointing to a pixel that will not work. The pointer in the pics in the instructions should be pointing to the correct pixel if you're gonna phrase it like that.

 

Also I was wondering if there is a way to make this work with any other theme besides the default or default-dark? I currently enjoy using the positive-dark GUI below which edits the colors of the HP bars slightly, and it causes the tool to stop counting, so I am now forced to choose between two really amazing additions to this game. I have already tried applying the theme and re configuring the settings and it does not work

Besides all that noise this is a really great tool and I (and I'm sure many other players) appreciate your hard work.

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, awkways said:

I really enjoy that this thing just counts for me but the instructions are pretty confusing I thought, the reason being you're saying "this pixel" instead of this HP bar and you're pointing to a pixel that will not work. The pointer in the pics in the instructions should be pointing to the correct pixel if you're gonna phrase it like that.

 

Also I was wondering if there is a way to make this work with any other theme besides the default or default-dark? I currently enjoy using the positive-dark GUI below which edits the colors of the HP bars slightly, and it causes the tool to stop counting, so I am now forced to choose between two really amazing additions to this game. I have already tried applying the theme and re configuring the settings and it does not work

Besides all that noise this is a really great tool and I (and I'm sure many other players) appreciate your hard work.

 

I'm currently working on a update, which includes a solution for your problem, don't be affraid. Thanks for your feedback! :)

Share this post


Link to post
On 11.11.2016 at 8:09 PM, Mookynesis said:

i try open the file but this appear. What it means?

 49e3ab133404dda41ed9f0fc2e8d6da5.png

 

Do you still have the problem? Try to reinstall/update your java.

 

 

 

I'm currently recoding the whole spaghetti code. Anyone got some intresting feature ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BilllaBong said:

I'm currently recoding the whole spaghetti code. Anyone got some intresting feature ideas?

Someone brought up a hotkey to manually increment the encounters.This feature would actually be a great addition to the tool. Manually editing the files to do this is very inefficient and un-intuitive. Java does provide ways to do this, however, I would suggest looking into ways to code in configurable hotkeys for this tool. One to tell it to start/stop counting, one to reset the count, and one to manually increment the count for egg hatching. You can also look into having it toggleable for always on top as well, and make the UI slimmer when set to always be on top. This would allow those who always want the UI on top to have it taking up the smallest amount of screen space possible while still being able to see their counts.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, BilllaBong said:

I'm currently recoding the whole spaghetti code. Anyone got some interesting feature ideas?

Hey I'm finally getting into your code, I'll post my own version hopefully soon with the source code. So far I've:

  • Remember last client location.
  • Remember last "mode" used so it can start in mini mode mode when open.
  • Stored things better in my opinion in a .properties file, fuck all those txt files seriously
  • Made configuration smoother by just adding all the config stuff into the big frame everyone is just gonna use the small one so why bother clicking more.
  • Added hotkeys for incrementing, decrementing. I'm gonna add one for reset I guess Xela is right.
  • Redid your counter method so it doesn't count multiple hordes in small resolutions
  • My brother told me i shouldn't use multiple JFrames so i tried avoiding that, god it was complicated thanks CardLayouts
  • Added some theme options for the future I just want to have my counter pink
  • Ehh I'm working my JPanels with layouts too, you should check that, better than using null and settings the location manually.
  • Made a small check box to edit the counter on the fly inside the program, it just toggles the setEditable
  • Made a small check box to toggle the always on top. Writing this actually makes me realize I just care about the small mode being always on top so i could prob move the checkbox there
  • Added an ultra mini mode! hahaha just the number with a black background and the btn to switch card, fades out when not hovered
  • Oh and added a button in the default mode to launch mmo hahaha #lazyness

 

Edited by Bluebird
formatting

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/1/2017 at 11:33 AM, BilllaBong said:

Do you still have the problem? Try to reinstall/update your java.

 

 

 

I'm currently recoding the whole spaghetti code. Anyone got some intresting feature ideas?

I have the same problem. I can't make it run.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Gauneta said:

I have the same problem. I can't make it run.

Guess you are on Java 7. You need 8.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BilllaBong said:

Guess you are on Java 7. You need 8.

Lol, my last java update was in 2014. Fixed. Thanks.

 

 

Edit: I'm still having problems with hordes. They don't count.

 

Edit 2: Now is working fine. I finally did it. Thanks.

Edited by Gauneta

Share this post


Link to post
On 13.1.2017 at 4:27 AM, XLeonelX said:

oigan a mi me salta un error como puedo arreglarlo?

I can't understand you but I guess, you got a problem. Please explain. (English if possible)

Share this post


Link to post

Hey,

finally I go the access to release the new version of my encounter counter! And here it is.

 

 

 

Changelog:

  • Added theme support
  •  Tool now remembers which window was open last
  •  Tool now remembers where the two windows was last
  •  Added Button to toggle AlwaysOnTop to the main frame
  •  Tool is now also closeable through the mini frame
  •  Added increase and decrease buttons to main frame
  •  New Design
  •  Removed settings frame
Edited by BilllaBong

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, BilllaBong said:

Hey,

finally I go the access to release the new version of my encounter counter! And here it is.

 

Changelog:

- Added theme support button

 - Tool now remembers which window was open last

 - Tool now remembers where the two windows was last

 - Added Button to toggle AlwaysOnTop to the main frame

 - Tool is now also closeable through the mini frame

 - Added increase and decrease buttons to main frame

 - New Design

 - Removed settings frame

 

 

If the counter dosn't work try to pick the color of the hp bar.

 

 

 

 

 

@awkways

Looking great, Billa and I am very excited while setting this up. Only question I have is there a way to edit the number like there was before? I'm currently at 31,981 encounters and would like to start this counter at that number and I can't find a way to do that without hitting the +1 button 30,000 more times. Is this possible?

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, awkways said:

Looking great, Billa and I am very excited while setting this up. Only question I have is there a way to edit the number like there was before? I'm currently at 31,981 encounters and would like to start this counter at that number and I can't find a way to do that without hitting the +1 button 30,000 more times. Is this possible?

I'm gonna make the number into a text field next update. But you can already update the number by opening the config.properties with a program like "editor" and edit the "encounters" value.

Edited by BilllaBong

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/11/2017 at 1:59 AM, BilllaBong said:

I'm gonna make the number into a text field next update. But you can already update the number by opening the config.properties with a program like "editor" and edit the "encounters" value.

To anyone else wondering how to do this: Billa advised me that you do not need to dowload anything to edit the config.properties file if you're running windows. Just open the file with notepad or word or any text editing program that comes preinstalled on Windows computers.

Share this post


Link to post

I understand how java works with the one pokemon, horde 3 and 5, but I don't understand how it count pokemon when we duel double battle with npc.

It counts nice with the two pokemon when play double battle, really nice!!!

Plz tell me that trick :D

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.