[Tool] Automatic Encounter Counter (Gen 5 Support)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Did some looking into this and this still works as it was built. However, this does break if you are not using the default colors in the HP bar.

To set this up correctly follow these steps:

1) Download the program

2) Extract the contents to a folder on your desktop

3) Open the program

4) Click on the arrow button for single encounters, marked with the 1.

5) Mouse over the top part of the HP bar where the green is lighter and click.

6) Click Save, repeat process for the other two encounter types.

This program relies only on the standard HP colors of Red, Yellow, and Green. If you are using custom colors then this will break because the program has the colors coded into the source.

I do know how to make this program only count once per encounter, but I am waiting for permission from Billa to fix this and make some QOL changes.

Edited by XelaKebert
47 minutes ago, XelaKebert said:

Did some looking into this and this still works as it was built. However, this does break if you are not using the default colors in the HP bar.

To set this up correctly follow these steps:

1) Download the program

2) Extract the contents to a folder on your desktop

3) Open the program

4) Click on the arrow button for single encounters, marked with the 1.

5) Mouse over the top part of the HP bar where the green is lighter and click.

6) Click Save, repeat process for the other two encounter types.

This program relies only on the standard HP colors of Red, Yellow, and Green. If you are using custom colors then this will break because the program has the colors coded into the source.

I do know how to make this program only count once per encounter, but I am waiting for permission from Billa to fix this and make some QOL changes.

On 2/14/2020 at 7:45 AM, Fixedgaming said:

To all who are looking for a version that is up to date:

14 minutes ago, CaptnBaklava said:

I'm well aware of that one, but you missed the point entirely. This is still a viable option for those who don't want to download and install Python. The one you are showing me, as though I'm unaware of it even though I commented in the thread, is great for users who have themes that changed the color of the HP bars, although I do have a way to fix that for this one as well.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hannahtaylor said:

still the same problem if anyone has any ideas?

Are you using a theme that has changed the default HP bar colors? If so, you won't be able to use this counter.

If not, make sure you click on the top half of the HP bar where the green color is lighter. Then click save afterwards.

3 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

Are you using a theme that has changed the default HP bar colors? If so, you won't be able to use this counter.

If not, make sure you click on the top half of the HP bar where the green color is lighter. Then click save afterwards.

Yep I've done all that. It's just never worked for me 

3 hours ago, hannahtaylor said:

Yep I've done all that. It's just never worked for me 

I'm wondering if it could be how your monitor is displaying the HP bars. Not all computer monitors display colors the same way so the program could be looking for the shade of green coded but if your monitor doesn't display that shade correctly it won't work.

There's good news, I'm working on a fix to make this more consistent. I have gotten permission to modify the program and repost.

Biggest fix so far, you are no longer required to flee in order to keep a correct count of encounters.

Other things I'm working on, support for custom colors for HP bars, the current program you see has them hardcoded in so they can't be changed. I've gotten them sent to the config file and reading from it, the next steps will be to have the counter setting those colors for you.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...