[Tool] Automatic Encounter Counter (Gen 5 Support)

On 17/8/2016 at 9:33 PM, BilllaBong said:

settings_button.png

Q1:srly what is this? i cannot interact with it

Q2:Is this a mod? a theme? an ad-on? what is it?

Q3:In which folder we must put this? i downloaded it and i put it in mod file and i then extract all the containing files in the mod file but i don't see any change....

Edited by ragstal
17 hours ago, ragstal said:

Q1:srly what is this? i cannot interact with it

Q2:Is this a mod? a theme? an ad-on? what is it?

Q3:In which folder we must put this? i downloaded it and i put it in mod file and i then extract all the containing files in the mod file but i don't see any change....

A1. pic isnt available anymore, thats a placeholder

A2. its a tool, external programm

A3. see A2, doenst matter where you put it

30 minutes ago, GigoloimCabrio said:

A1. pic isnt available anymore, thats a placeholder

A2. its a tool, external programm

A3. see A2, doenst matter where you put it

yea soz about that many questions i was too lazy yesterday with no patience to try it hahaha i was clicking all over the place i rly liked the idea, thanks for making this >.<

Btw is it only for shinies? or for pokes in general just to count how many encounters u had in general? bcuz i don't think u had like 12k shinny encounter right?(i know its obvious just saying)

EDIT:Um hmmm this x,y thing is kinda tricky, ok so the 1 encounter is the bottom cursor i click it and then instantly i click n hold the life bar in the middle between.. i then save and again hovering my cursor to the hp bar just to be sure...seems im doin something wrong....uh the frustration is real...HEEEEEEEEEEEELP AAA :'<

Edited by ragstal
On 20.9.2016 at 4:46 PM, ragstal said:

im having issues too...cant make it work, i clicked like 50 times the hp bar to get it right but...oh well

Stick to the instructions BilllaBong provided

Remember, that you don't need to click on the health bar at all

After you chose which coordinates to calibrate, you have 3 seconds to move the curser over the health bar before the tool will save the coordinates your curser is at

Edited by Anthrazit
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26/9/2016 at 4:50 AM, Anthrazit said:

After you chose which coordinates to calibrate, you have 3 seconds to move the curser over the health bar before the tool will save the coordinates your curser is at

but i apreciate a video how to set too ;/

I think if you make a video it'll be better. Took me some time to figure out what to do and after I Set it up it works perfectly. I mean I am playing full screen MMO and the counter is like a tab that doesn't even bother me. It counts 1-3-5 pokes perfectly and whenever I am fighting NPCS I can just close it and and reopen and it'll do it's job perfectly. Thanks ;PP

@Parke check it

Edited by Goku
On 26/9/2016 at 5:50 AM, Anthrazit said:

well yea but if something goes wrong i will have to do the same process, i dont think this is working 100% for everyone, maybe i will wait till its gets a lil bit better, and yea a video would be nice such as the mentions of the 2 above but i this might be too much to ask, after all there is a problem i read from someone when u change resolution soo yea needs upgrade, maybe in future it will be added in the game as well you never know :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6.10.2016 at 0:58 PM, peep said:

can you reupload the images?

I attempted that in a former post on the first page (the images are smaller than the original ones of BilllaBong were, but hopefully they might still help enough to get the counter started)

On 17.10.2016 at 8:20 PM, RMS said:

Is there a way to get this to work with a custom theme that changes the HP bars in battle? Chnapflat is the theme I'm trying to get it to work with but I've had no luck.

I am not sure, so please let us know if you have tried and can tell if it does or does not work after you activated the mod.

On 10/22/2016 at 10:00 PM, Anthrazit said:

I am not sure, so please let us know if you have tried and can tell if it does or does not work after you activated the mod.

Does the mod read the pokemon based off the color of the HP bar? I think the theme has a slightly lighter color of green. I'm not sure what else there is to try. I spent at least 30 minutes trying different spots to set it up, but no luck.

1 hour ago, RMS said:

Does the mod read the pokemon based off the color of the HP bar? I think the theme has a slightly lighter color of green. I'm not sure what else there is to try. I spent at least 30 minutes trying different spots to set it up, but no luck.

Did it work before/without the mod?

I would suggest you nake sure it works without the mod and then add the mod to see if the different colour of the mod is the reason it won't work.

17 hours ago, Anthrazit said:

Did it work before/without the mod?

I would suggest you nake sure it works without the mod and then add the mod to see if the different colour of the mod is the reason it won't work.

Yes of course I've had it working before I tried a different theme lol. It's working just fine with the default theme so it has to be something with the different colors.

37 minutes ago, RMS said:

Yes of course I've had it working before I tried a different theme lol. It's working just fine with the default theme so it has to be something with the different colors.

Too bad to hear the counter is incompatible with the mod you are using :/

On 10/26/2016 at 1:58 PM, Anthrazit said:

Too bad to hear the counter is incompatible with the mod you are using :/

Any chance the dev could make it compatible some how? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to use this with a custom theme.

4 hours ago, silytoad said:

First of all thank you for the work you put into making this!

It works like a charm for me and really keeps motivating to keep hunting when you see that counter increase.

One suggestion would be adding a hotkey to manually add encounters for occasions like hatching eggs.

You can edit it already, open pokemmo_encounter_counter folder, then open the save.txt file and edit the number and save. Let's see what i can do this weekend.