[OU Discussion] Snorlax [Test banned]

17 minutes ago, Murcielago said:

Just to save you time hotarubi, I am not going to spoon feed you the keys to how a snorlax less meta will be broken and how it can be exploited. 

I didn't ask you to spoon feed anyone anything I'll spoon feed my baby thx.

But really you make claims and have nothing viable to fill those claims with.

A 0 snorlax meta is not a broken one.

Just a meta you aren't used to.

It's going to be much less boring.

Listen, if you or the TC cannot piece together and realize how it will be broken... not my problem.  I just simply find it amazing that the player base cannot deal with snorlax... its not uber, by any stretch... body slam spam is easily countered.. curse... LOL might as well throw the match against anyone good.  I would be surprised if snorlax usage didn't decrease over time on its own... it really isn't all that great.

The Uber tier is effectively a banlist for the OU tier, as "standard" battles include everything in the OU list and below. Pokémon in the Uber tier were deemed too powerful or destabilizing to the OU metagame to allow. Ubers, if allowed, cause extreme "centralization" of strategies—in other words, it is impossible or very difficult to counter them in a reasonable manner.

7 minutes ago, Hotpistolz said:

The Uber tier is effectively a banlist for the OU tier, as "standard" battles include everything in the OU list and below. Pokémon in the Uber tier were deemed too powerful or destabilizing to the OU metagame to allow. Ubers, if allowed, cause extreme "centralization" of strategies—in other words, it is impossible or very difficult to counter them in a reasonable manner.

^Yup, snorlax doesn't fit that definition.

1 hour ago, Hotpistolz said:

Snorlax is powerful and centralize teams to build around it also because of his bulk and type and it's wide movepool it's very hard to counter it. Should be in UBER.

How are you trying to counter snorlax?  Sounds like a gameplay and/or team building issue to me.  snorlax really isnt a threat to anyone good at the game...

6 minutes ago, Murcielago said:

How are you trying to counter snorlax?  Sounds like a gameplay and/or team building issue to me.  snorlax really isnt a threat to anyone good at the game...

It's not about me..i could build a team just to counter snorlax and say yeah okay snorlax isn't that much. Just a low kick is enough to take it out. 

The problem is Normal types Are only weak to Fighting. All other moves are applied as normal damage but wait.. Snorlax has Thick Fat :O 

that means Also Heat and Cold.. doesn't do much damage either. Add to it the massive HP Snorlax has. That's to much tankiness there.. but wait there is more.

Curselax my friend. Because if Tanky as fuck isn't enough add more Def to it through curse + Damage. And now you have litteraly a CASTLE. An imovable object that guess what hits like a truck because High Damage + Buff from Curse. And wait a minute don't tell me that you play Snorlax without that marvelus Body Slam that adds GUESS WHAT paralyze effect. Yes sir! OH WAIT did you poison Snorlax because you don't have other way to faint it and strungle between protect ? Pff Snorlax can use rest man... no status effects on this big guy.. But even if you DON'T want to be so Over Power Snorlax has like 200 Moves available that can learn. That means OP.

Because not only is a great pokemon it can use like 5-6 different builds. That means it can be in any team.. to fill up any spot/role you missing. It's litteraly in every team.

And don't get me wrong i like snorlax a lot but! If every team has one.. it's so fucking boring.

And to tell you the truth Gengar is kinda the same deal with snorlax it just had different aspects in the game but i don't see it in OU ,  i see it in Uber and there is a good reason for it too. 

1 minute ago, LifeStyle said:

I think Sneazel should be uber coz one low kick = bam c u Snorlax, much OP pls ban

Yes you 're right ! Or don't bother banning any counter just cancel all Tiers put all pokemon in one Tier. Bring everything Tyranitar , Dragonite etc etc Hell yeah even delete clauses , let us use sleep teams , button passers everything. Isn't OP right ?