[OU Discussion] Snorlax [Test banned]

8 minutes ago, SirYurop said:

how can a milotic counter a lax lmao spamming surf??

Haze + recover pp stalls lax and forces the switch, lax can still win but it needs some lucky parahax in conjunction with lucky crits...   Just like any other mon, if extreme RNG luck is involved unlikely situations can happen.

On 16.08.2016 at 1:11 AM, RysPicz said:

His response although sarcastic is perfectly on spot Kay.

Zeb is right. Snorlax pushes the meta to a degree where it reminds me of... watch out, VGC16.

You gotta bring Lax. Then you bring a hard check for lax that can take any of it's attacks- Skarmory. Then you gotta take Starmie for spinning the spikes out because of Skarm. Then you have to bring something that can actually threaten Lax- Meta, Flygon or Heracross work fine. We could use like 2 more checks for Snorlax here and something for Heracross, hey let's take Rhydon and Weezing.

There you go- Lax, Skarm, Star, Meta or Hera or Flygon, Weezing, Rhydon. Probably the most common and one of most generic teams you can see. Those pokes are everywhere and they are there because of Snorlax.

Hide contents

To compare, in VGC you build your team this way usually:

You take Xerneas and Smeargle.

Then, you gotta take the Xerneas check. At least 2.

So you take Mega Kanga and Primal Groudon. You got your 2 legend slots filled. You need more Xerneas checks.

Talonflame works and along with Mega Kanga it helps with Smeargle.

Last slot is your amount of creativity!

There, your VGC16 team is ready.

OU leaves no place for innovation at all anymore because of Lax. I realise that Snorlax isn't offensive uber or defensive uber and only way it'd get the boot is that fucking uncomfortable "unhealthy" characteristic which is highly subjective, but facts are facts. Snorlax climbed the usage to the top in barely 2 months. A lot of players did not even have a Snorlax back then when it got unbanned (including myself).

Thing that I fear, is that Chansey will now completly replace Snorlax if it would get the iron boot of ghaey and we would have again a meta centralized around another fat mon.

I feel like I'm a seer, I said that 3 months ago \o/

Also usage statistics right now perfectly prove my teambuilding restrictions point

On 10/23/2016 at 2:56 PM, Murcielago said:

^good luck in tourney/ ranked match making with that logic

YOu use snorlax, in every battle, I know this from personal fights against you and each time I saw your snorlax and rekted it.

This isn't personal offer something with validity.

PP stalls aren't counters.

They are in my opinion very unhealthy.

I still feel the pokemon is in balancing this tier.

I haven't remarked here in a long time also.

On 10/23/2016 at 3:33 PM, RysPicz said:

I feel like I'm a seer, I said that 3 months ago \o/

Also usage statistics right now perfectly prove my teambuilding restrictions point

The usage of certain mons that are completely stopped by snorlax does show that this pokemon is bad for the tier.

It makes them unviable because more often then not you will see snorlax.

Bring back our chancer meta :(

Edited by Hotarubi
4 minutes ago, Hotarubi said:

YOu use snorlax, you don't know how to fight it.

You aren't in ranked ladder. 

Plz plz stop this.

This isn't personal offer something with validity.

PP stalls aren't counters.

They are in my opinion very unhealthy.

That is atleast what I think.

I still feel the pokemon is in balancing this tier.

I haven't remarked here in a long time also.

The usage of certain mons that are completely stopped by snorlax does show that this pokemon is bad for the tier.

It makes them unviable because more often then not you will see snorlax.

Bring back our chancer meta :(

Bro, I don't understand what your trying to say?

1 minute ago, Murcielago said:

Bro, I don't understand what your trying to say?

That you defend snorlax and want it in OU because you can't live without it.

Once snorlax falls your team gets shredded.

That was what happened each time we battled.

^Cool, I guess we both will be looking forward to seeing each other in a bracket.  Can't wait.  And no, I don't defend snorlax because I use it.. I defend it because it doesn't meet any of the uber characteristics, nor any other criteria for a ban.  Lets try to keep the conversation on topic.

17 minutes ago, Murcielago said:

^Cool, I guess we both will be looking forward to seeing each other in a bracket.  Can't wait.  And no, I don't defend snorlax because I use it.. I defend it because it doesn't meet any of the uber characteristics, nor any other criteria for a ban.  Lets try to keep the conversation on topic.

it is able to wall and disable through paralysis via paraslam 30%  a significant portion of the metagame.

How does that not meet any characteristics?

Doesn't that make it defensively uber?

it can also consistently set up a situation in which it makes it substantially easier for other pokemon to sweep by paraslamming pokemon that can resist its damage but are totally useless if they become to slow to move first.

In combination with it's  high base stats and a good movepool which could be anything really but usualy consists of paraslam and curse, this Pokemon  is far too powerful for OU.

If this pokemon is allowed in standard play, the whole metagame can eventually  be reduced to battles between only 20 or so Pokemon. 

It really puts limitations on what people can use.

Edited by Hotarubi
15 hours ago, Hotarubi said:

it is able to wall and disable through paralysis via paraslam 30%  a significant portion of the metagame.

How does that not meet any characteristics?

Doesn't that make it defensively uber?

it can also consistently set up a situation in which it makes it substantially easier for other pokemon to sweep by paraslamming pokemon that can resist its damage but are totally useless if they become to slow to move first.

In combination with it's  high base stats and a good movepool which could be anything really but usualy consists of paraslam and curse, this Pokemon  is far too powerful for OU.

If this pokemon is allowed in standard play, the whole metagame can eventually  be reduced to battles between only 20 or so Pokemon. 

It really puts limitations on what people can use.

Hey oh, 20 pokes constantly being used isn't bad at all, this isn'g oras where you have access to 700 pokemon and 50 tiers