[OU Discussion] Snorlax [Test banned]

4 minutes ago, BigShotJoe said:

Nobody ever said it was the best for sweeping entire teams. They specifically said that it was used to killing Chansey, or did you miss the bold letters?

Growth+HP Fire+Sludge+Giga can sweep teams on its own, specially if you run that on a bulky Venu set.

Calm nature, EVs: 252 Sp Def, enough Speed to reach 113 (outspeed ada max speed swamp), rest in HP.

Edited by LifeStyle
3 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

Growth+HP Fire+Sludge+Giga can sweep teams on its own, specially if you run that on a bulky Venu set.

I'm well aware of that. However, that was never the point I was trying to make. Nobody is arguing that Venusaur does better with that set. It's just a simple fact that Leech Seed on Chansey makes you nearly impossible to kill.

4 minutes ago, BigShotJoe said:

Nobody ever said it was the best for sweeping entire teams. They specifically said that it was used to killing Chansey, or did you miss the bold letters?

What was said is that people have to run a gimmick Venusaur to kill Chansey. That is not true. People can play a classic Venusaur Growth to kill Chansey. 

It is basically like saying Heracross is broken because the only way for Arcanine to kill it is with a gimmick HP Fly set.

Just now, BigShotJoe said:

I'm well aware of that. However, that was never the point I was trying to make. Nobody is arguing that Venusaur does better with that set. It's just a simple fact that Leech Seed on Chansey makes you nearly impossible to kill.

I mean, nobody stops your opponent from switching out to get rid of Leech, once he scouts the Leech+Growth combo he's gonna think of something that can wall it.

I think gb already mentioned this but w/e

Also we're getting off-topic, this discussion should be about that fat Body Slam spamming cancer named Snorlax, not how to counter Chansey using Venu

1 minute ago, BigShotJoe said:

Um, that's total bullshit? Heracross has Earthquake. There was nothing stating that the only way to beat Chansey with a Venusaur was through a gimmick.

Boy read this again, focus on bold

4 minutes ago, gbwead said:

What was said is that people have to run a gimmick Venusaur to kill Chansey. That is not true. People can play a classic Venusaur Growth to kill Chansey. 

It is basically like saying Heracross is broken because the only way for Arcanine to kill it is with a gimmick HP Fly set.

2 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

Boy read this again, focus on bold

Forgive me, I'e been awake for nearly a full day. Arcanine has powerful STAB fire moves and Extremespeed whereas Chansey has Seismic Toss and a completely laughable Ice Beam. There's a slight difference between the two scenarios.

3 minutes ago, BigShotJoe said:

Forgive me, I'e been awake for nearly a full day. Arcanine has powerful STAB fire moves and Extremespeed whereas Chansey has Seismic Toss and a completely laughable Ice Beam. There's a slight difference between the two scenarios.

Yeah I didn't get that comparison either since

0 SpA Arcanine Flamethrower vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Heracross: 114-134 (73 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Arcanine Hidden Power Flying vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Heracross: 112-136 (71.7 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Arcanine Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Heracross: 144-170 (92.3 - 108.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

@BigShotJoe

OrangeManiac said previously in the thread: "[Snorlax] at least give/s/ those special attackers a legitimate chance to shine with pure attacking force instead of old Chansey meta gimmicks like Leech Seed + Growth Venusaur."

Venusaur doesn't have to play this unviable set to kill Chansey. I am not saying Chansey doesn't force people to run gimmicks. I am saying that this particular Venusaur Leech Seed + Growth gimmick was never a thing to begin with since the regular Growth Venusaur outclasses it completly. This implies that Venusaur Leech Seed+Growth gimmick is irrelevant just like HP Fly Arcanine is irrelevant in the OU metagame.

Edited by gbwead
Just now, LifeStyle said:

Nobody is forced to run Diglett to stop Snorlax, lmao are you ok

I legit battled 4 different player today running a diglet they told me all of them every single one on those players that its for snorlax....

-.-

I'm fine.

1 minute ago, Hotarubi said:

I legit battled 4 different player today running a diglet they told me all of them every single one on those players that its for snorlax....

-.-

I'm fine.

Just because you fought 4 nabbs who can't think of better ways to counter snorlax and would rather run something as squishy as Diglett who can only come in vs Snorlax on a predicted double switch, it doesn't mean that all people are forced to run it. There are way better options for Snorlax than Diglett

12 minutes ago, Hotarubi said:

In other news, People are forced to run gimmicks like diglet to kill Chansey. 

Kind of makes me sad.

When i encounter a team with a diglet and then they find out I don't run a Chansey.

I fixed that comment for you, you're welcome.

Spoiler

Since, you know.. Diglett hardly is a safe way to beat a Snorlax considering it can run Whirlwind or when it has Cursed up Reversal Diglett can't do anything on Snorlax while it's one of the safest ways to beat Chansey in this meta since no one runs Shed Hull.

3 minutes ago, Hotarubi said:

-.-

I'm fine.

Just because I would told you I need to use Clamperl to deal with Alakazam wouldn't make it true.

2 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

I fixed that comment for you, you're welcome.

Hide contents

Since, you know.. Diglett hardly is a safe way to beat a Snorlax considering it can run Whirlwind or when it has Cursed up Reversal Diglett can't do anything on Snorlax while it's one of the safest ways to beat Chansey in this meta since no one runs Shed Hull.

Just because I would told you I need to use Clamperl to deal with Alakazam wouldn't make it true.

Meh, doesn't change the fact they are running diglet to smash snorlax regardless of the fact they are noobs about it.

Also please don't go fixing my english grammar errors it's disrespectful, I don't come here for english lessons.....

Just now, Hotarubi said:

Meh, doesn't change the fact they are running diglet to smash snorlax regardless of the fact they are noobs about it.

Also please don't go fixing my english grammar errors it's disrespectful, I don't come here for english lessons.....

My sides just orbited the moon.

Spoiler

I replaced "Snorlax" with "Chansey" in your comment, not your grammar. In case you still didn't notice.

1 minute ago, Hotarubi said:

Mind being matured and not picking on me everytime you see my post? It's getting pathetic. This is an OU discussion about snorlax.

Grow up.

If you're gonna make arguments that have no factual proof I'm gonna personally correct you every time just like I have done and will do to everyone. Now I'm not responding to comments that present their own opinion whether Snorlax is or isn't unhealthy because fair enough, that's their opinion and I respect that. But if I see something that is factually wrong I'm gonna correct it. Better get used to it.

I'm fine with people correcting me. I thought the old Chansey beating set contained Leech Seed as well but this thread demonstrated you can do it with Growth alone and fair enough, I don't take it as a personal insult.

Just now, OrangeManiac said:

If you're gonna make arguments that have no factual proof I'm gonna personally correct you every time just like I have done and will do to everyone. Now I'm not responding to comments that present their own opinion whether Snorlax is or isn't unhealthy because fair enough, that's their opinion and I respect that. But if I see something that is factually wrong I'm gonna correct it. Better get used to it.

I'm fine with people correcting me. I thought the old Chansey beating set contained Leech Seed as well but this thread demonstrated you can do it with Growth alone and fair enough, I don't take it as a personal insult.

Let me reply you this again.

I was told by this persons running the diglet.

"its for snorlax."

3 minutes ago, Hotarubi said:

Let me reply you this again.

I was told by this persons running the diglet.

"its for snorlax."

People will run Diglett regardless if they have Snorlax or Chansey, in fact, more so if they have Chansey. I think that's what OrangeManiac is trying to point out.

10 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

@OrangeManiac - Reversal Diglett can beat Curselax if it runs screech (and doesn't miss ofc)

That's assuming Snorlax hasn't buffed itself with Curse when the Snorlax vs Diglett starts. Because of Whirlwind and the high possibility that Diglett can't even trap Snorlax at no buffs running Diglett makes very little sense in terms of countering Snorlax. At best you're trading 1-1 getting Snorlax down and having almost fully useless 1 HP Diglett in your team and at worst you can't do anything with it so running it makes very little sense. What comes to Chansey, the only way Chansey would deal with Diglett is Hail or Shed Hull so I'm just saying Diglett if anything seems like a gimmick option to deal with Chansey instead of Snorlax.

Ironically I was demonstrating Snorlax to be a bit "better" than Chansey in this regard as a Pokemon, but my main point was to demonstrate that gimmicks like Diglett aren't the way to go beating Snorlax while it was with Chansey.

Edited by OrangeManiac
40 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

That's assuming Snorlax hasn't buffed itself with Curse when the Snorlax vs Diglett starts. Because of Whirlwind and the high possibility that Diglett can't even trap Snorlax at no buffs running Diglett makes very little sense in terms of countering Snorlax. At best you're trading 1-1 getting Snorlax down and having almost fully useless 1 HP Diglett in your team and at worst you can't do anything with it so running it makes very little sense. What comes to Chansey, the only way Chansey would deal with Diglett is Hail or Shed Hull so I'm just saying Diglett if anything seems like a gimmick option to deal with Chansey instead of Snorlax.

Ironically I was demonstrating Snorlax to be a bit "better" than Chansey in this regard as a Pokemon, but my main point was to demonstrate that gimmicks like Diglett aren't the way to go beating Snorlax while it was with Chansey.

The way it works is to switch Diglett into the turn you predict Snorlax to switch in, like when the Diglett user has a Jolteon with hp ice  vs a CB Flygon / Gyarados / Starmie. That way even if Snorlax curses up, it still can't win. Trapinch works similarly as well, except that it can beat the WW set too. WW lax totally beats diglett but I honestly haven't seen many people even use WW Snorlax apart from BlueBrah. 

It's a less reliable answer than Trapinch but if you can predict correctly, diglett can get the job done. 

22 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

The way it works is to switch Diglett into the turn you predict Snorlax to switch in, like when the Diglett user has a Jolteon with hp ice  vs a CB Flygon / Gyarados / Starmie. That way even if Snorlax curses up, it still can't win. Trapinch works similarly as well, except that it can beat the WW set too. WW lax totally beats diglett but I honestly haven't seen many people even use WW Snorlax apart from BlueBrah. 

It's a less reliable answer than Trapinch but if you can predict correctly, diglett can get the job done. 

Yes I was told that they use it for snorlax. I wouldn't dare add this kind of strat to my party. Atleast not just for snorlax.

Feels a waste of one slot.