[OU Discussion] Snorlax [Test banned]

p2 and gard can both switch in on and kill jolt easily. Venue makes pretty light work of him alos (although idk if he has lifeball how he does). Espy and zam are usually pretty well taken care of by umbreon if no signal beam or metagross if no hidden power. They are also pursuit trapped. All of them can becked by a scarf physical attacker. Miltank and arcanine can somewhat come in on these things and threaten them too. Thats with out even mentioning chansey.

2 hours ago, SpartacusGD said:

if no snorlax, how do you stop growth jolt from rampaging? swiftcb (revenge kill only cause cant switch), p2, gard

Swampert + Flygon

P2, like you mentionned

Gardevoir, like you mentionned

Venusaur

We also have a ton of gimmicks that can handle it:

Cradily

Shedinja

Lanturn (if hp ice)

Nidoqueen

Meganium

Piloswine (if hp ice)

Camerupt

Thanks to Swift CB like you mentionned, we have so many RK available. Let's also not forget that Jolteon's bulk isn't that great and it takes 65% minimum from Linoone Espeed.

2 hours ago, SpartacusGD said:

cm lifeball espeon/zam + trapinch? swiftcb(revenge kill only cause cant switch) only i guess

Sassy Arcanine is pretty good here. 

We have seen people in the past run Chansey Substitute to avoid getting killed byTrapinch. This implies that Chansey is not 100% vulnerable to that combo.

Alakazam/Espeon sweeping potential depends on their Hidden Power. If they go HP Ground to kill Houndoom, Careful Forretress Pin Missile will stop them cold. Skarmory will also be a pain to deal with. If they go HP Fire, Houndoom will just walk all over them.

Revenge killing Alakazam is quite easy since its bulk is so pitiful.

Just now, SpartacusGD said:

so basically forcing gimmicks into OU is healthy? i mean ginmicks means they dont always work

3 hours ago, gbwead said:

Swampert + Flygon

P2, like you mentionned

Gardevoir, like you mentionned

Venusaur

Those are not gimmicks.

Everything starts off as a gimmick anyways. Venusaur Growth, Trapinch, Block Feraligatr, Thunderbolt Gyarados, Cacturne, Haunter, they were all gimmicks that had a significant impact on the OU metagame at one point or another; some are still gimmick today (most of them are unviable in the Lax meta tbh).

6 hours ago, SpartacusGD said:

cm lifeball espeon/zam + trapinch? swiftcb(revenge kill only cause cant switch) only i guess

so u are saying snorlax can come in against espeon/zam + trapinch?

In my pokemmo, trapinch can trap lax and ohko it with superpower.

Also, houndoom says hi.

For jolteon, hp ice gets walled by some swamps, while grass gets walled by venu.

Just now, pachima said:

so u are saying snorlax can come in against espeon/zam + trapinch?

In my pokemmo, trapinch can trap lax and ohko it with superpower.

Also, houndoom says hi.

For jolteon, hp ice gets walled by some swamps, while grass gets walled by venu.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Venusaur also wins against Jolteon HP Ice. Giga Drain gives a lot of offensive recovery to Venusaur. Life Orb recoil damage is also problematic for Jolteon.

The reality is that people right now have to run 3 Snorlax counters and they still have a decent chance of losing because of what Snorlax can do.

In order to counter Alakazam + Trapinch + Jolteon, you only need Arcanine + Venusaur. Porygon2 with Double-Edge + Ice Beam might have a little bit of trouble against Alakazam, but it remains  amazing against all 3 of these threaths. Chansey Substitute + Softboiled + Toxic + Seismic Toss will also win against these 3 unless we are talking about a Toxic/Rest Trapinch that no one runs beside me. 

I don't believe for a second that the Laxless is going to be more unhealthy than what we have right now. 

48 minutes ago, gbwead said:

The reality is that people right now have to run 3 Snorlax counters and they still have a decent chance of losing because of what Snorlax can do.

In order to counter Alakazam + Trapinch + Jolteon, you only need Arcanine + Venusaur. Porygon2 with Double-Edge + Ice Beam might have a little bit of trouble against Alakazam, but it remains  amazing against all 3 of these threaths. Chansey Substitute + Softboiled + Toxic + Seismic Toss will also win against these 3 unless we are talking about a Toxic/Rest Trapinch that no one runs beside me. 

I don't believe for a second that the Laxless is going to be more unhealthy than what we have right now. 

No need for sub Chansey, Shed Shell one is the new meta.

I think snorlax must be Uber again. Its too strong for Ou. The duels turns boring and depends on the luck with Snorlax. I have lost lots of duels that i could win 6-0 becuase  Body Slams that paralize my pokemons and also hits critic. Snorlax with 1 Curse can defeat like the 90% of Sweepers or Tanks. Its dificult to stop it, because it can lern Surf, Fireblast, and a lot of moves that can make big damage to Walls.
Special Sweepers are useless against Snorlax, and it can trap them with Pursuit. It is stronger than Tyranitar, Dragonite, Salamance, Blyssey, Gengar and Dugtrio...

without the best phisical attackers like TTar salamence dragonite (promoting a super offensive playstyle) , snorlax litteraly shits on the OU tier, it doesnt fear almost anything. Imo if snorlax has its place on the OU, TTar Salamence and Dragonite have it too. Also Dugtrio was uguu counter to lax but it's unbelieveble it's didnt go down with lax.

I think lax is on the same rank with many ubers so bring em back or remove snorlax.