The Dom mazzetti gang.

KingBowser

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for some feedback on my full body workout routine:

Going twice a week (Boxing and some Pilates excluded, yes I do Pilates cause of flexibility, that ass and the view).

Day 1: 

Squat

Barbell Bench Press

Shoulder Press

Sitting Rows

Dips

DB Curls

Day 2:

Deadlift

Incl DB Press / Flies

Overhead Press

Pull ups

Kettlebell Shrugs

Push ups + Planks superset

Am I missing something important here? Would Dom Mazetti approve? 

• 3 months later...

Alright fellow Doms, how are we all doing? Are we all making gains in the new year? From about august to December I took a break, busy with moving, getting a new job and finding a new gym. But now im back into the routine and we making all types of gains. Currently at 178lbs(80.7394kg) and started my cut. Planing to cut down to 172lbs and see what I look from there. Been working harder on my legs, to build nice quads, hamstring and ass that the ladies love. Back definition is better than before, while weighing 178 vs 172 of of the last photo I took. Had a lower back injury so im pretty hesitant to do deadlifts again and back squats. Found other exercises to do that work the same area. Please post your goals, photos or anything else my fellow gym brahs.

f78d6f20c8.png

Edited by KingBowser
3 hours ago, KingBowser said:

Please post your goals, photos or anything else my fellow gym brahs.

Spoiler

4mo16gym_PMM.jpg

^Above transformation I did over the summer, went from ~169lbs to ~195lbs in the second picture.  From there I went down hill, hit 210 lbs and not in a good way, that was in december, cut back down to ~192.  And fuck dead lifts, and squats, just train for aesthetics. For legs and lower body just crush huge reps on the leg press.

Took a week of the gym last week, and had a pizza this weekend. Now its all down to business again, winter is over (not rly) and its time to cut down.

Picture is 3-4 weeks ago

87739afe44e2f0523a5db8558b11ae04.png

Pretty much the leaneast Ive ever finshed a winter.
Sitting at about 69kg(152lbs) goal is to shred down to about 65-66 for summer. Legs been injured for a year (FML) so every day is arms and chest (jk i hit back and shoulders to)

Been a good couple of months, increased bench, shoulder press and pretty much everything.
Been kinda casual with the diet in Jan, but starting to count calories/macros again now. Gonna get shredded or die trying

On 9/24/2016 at 0:08 PM, DoubleJ said:

Crossfit Day Two: when you with a guy who has been doing this for a year and a half and another guy that is a 6x Iron Man who competed at the iron man national championships you know you're going to get worked.

Did the standard workout and then added a second one cuz wynaut.

Like every crossfit guy, Joey got injured. Was it during crossfit? Doesn't matter, shouldn't have been doing it anyways. 

@raaidn - how tall are you, you look bigger than 152 lbs

*Im not keeping a log anywhere so might as well post it here:

Sets x Reps x Weight in lbs

Squats - 3x10x135 - Light I know, I'm not big on heavy compound lifts these days, more into hypertrophy and looking good vs. getting strong

Super set:

5x30x147 - Leg press

5x30x180 - Standing Calf Raise machine

Edited by Murcielago

Had leg day today.
Like to start with front squats.
2x6 for 135lbs (61kg)
2x5 for 155lbs
2x2 for 185lbs (84kg)
1xfailure for 135lbs
Followed by light deadlifts, still scared to do them
3x12 for 185lbs
Lunges
2x12 each leg 40lbs
Lying leg curls
2x10 110lbs
1xFailure at 90lbs
Calves raise machine
3xtimes to failure at 65lbs
Back extensions
Like to ladder it. Do 8 reps for 25lbs, drop to 10lbs for 8reps, then bodyweight until failure X2

Legs are dead. Good day.

Had a 6am weight sesh today. Tore up that back for a bit, then worked them lady killers.

• 3x20 Hanging Leg Raises (for dat core strength)
  • 3x10 Close Grip Lat Pull Down (100lbs)
  • 3x20 Seated Cable Row (85lbs)
  • 4x12 Wide Grip Lat Pull Down (100lbs)
  • 4x12 Bent Over DB Row (50lbs)
  • 4x12 Pull Ups

Bicep workout was dope. Buddy and I took a 50lb bar and did the following ladder just passing it back and forth as we finished: 10,9,8...3,2,1. Continued with 5x5 curls passing a 45lb plate back and forth, and then finished with single arm cable curls at 15lbs with 90 degrees of shoulder abduction.  

I don't take much breaks, so the high reps really wear you down quick. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sup pimps,

spring is here and he weather is nice and the girls are out! Never a better time to be jacked!

ive only hit the iron three times but been following an aggressive diet and have lost 7 lbs of fat, bloat, and water weight since my last post here.

workouts I've done since last post...

sets x reps x weight in lbs

#1workout....

Super set #1

Rear deltoid cable cross 3x35x2.5

high incline deck lateral raises 3x35x7.5's

super set #2

dumbbell shrugs 3x35x70's

wide grip cable rows 3x35x70

super set #3

altetnating dumb bell curls - 3x35x35's

body drag straight bar curls 3x35x40

super set #4

one handed French curl right - 3x35x26

one handed French curl left - 3x35x25

Skull crushers 3x35x40

#2workout

atg barbell squats 3x10x145

super set:

leg press machine - 5x40x147

standinv calf machine 5x40x180

#3workout (today)

super set #1

alt db. Curls - 3x40x35's

body drag curls -3x40x40

Super set #2

alt French curls ( one handed both left and right arms like last time)

3x40x25

^had to take short breaks on the second two sets #traintofailure

skull crushers 3x40x40

@DoubleJ next time u do that biceps burn out add 5 more reps to the first set and lift through the pain

@KingBowser the only reason to do dead lifts is if ur a gym noob (there is some benefit for new lifters) or are looking to go into power lifting.  You have mentioned multiple times u don't wanna go dead lift and are concered about injury do just stop doing them.  Your leg routine looks solid imo do just drop dead lifts and replace it with some high volume leg press.

On October 14, 2016 at 2:27 PM, Tyrone said:

I'm looking for some feedback on my full body workout routine:

Going twice a week (Boxing and some Pilates excluded, yes I do Pilates cause of flexibility, that ass and the view).

Day 1: 

Squat

Barbell Bench Press

Shoulder Press

Sitting Rows

Dips

DB Curls

Day 2:

Deadlift

Incl DB Press / Flies

Overhead Press

Pull ups

Kettlebell Shrugs

Push ups + Planks superset

Am I missing something important here? Would Dom Mazetti approve? 

A lot of work out routines are going to vary depending on your goals.  This routine however violates a super important rule imo....

always do at minimum 2 pull exercises for every press to prevent having over developed pecs and anterior (front) deltoid.

^snother term for this is "rounded shoulders"

another thinv ink that lots of people don't know is that military/overhead press doesn't really work  any different muscles than bench.. So ur routine above is hammering ur anterior deltoids and chest way to hard... Long term of I follow this ill have issues with:

awkward looking physique 

shoulder pain

poor posture 

drop op over head press and replace it with shrugs, pulls and isolation back and deltoid exercises.

hopefully this helps... Lots of typos I know but on on a cell phone atm

Wuddup DOMS,

Spring is here, the sun is out, and my oh my, leave the house and hot girls about.

Im down to 188 lbs probably at about ~12%BF... Which is nice, I have lost 22 lbs of fat water and bloat since the new year.  I have been following a strict diet more or less... Essentially I only eat chili (ground turkey, kidney beans, tomatoes, some seasoning) and what I describe as a "vegetable smoothie" - Kale,celery, cucumber, lemon juice, ginger root and an apple and some times banana all blended up in the blender.

It seems that this works very well, and I have heard rumors that fibrous carbs don't turn to fat and help with digestion, which this has lots of...  This diet combined with high intensity weight training seems to melt fat off my body.  But it has been easy up to this point.  I have always found cutting down to ~12%BF to be easy, but getting below 11% has always been a massive challenge for me, but I have learned from my mistakes over the years and am getting better.

What I am doing these days is following this diet until I have massive difficulty in the gym, and then I will do a "carb loading day"  Which happened yesterday.  Big nice meal of fried chicken, french fries, and a biskit. in addition to chili, veggies etc...

Another thing about my diet... I have been eating approx ~500 calories below my maintenance ( I am guessing here, but it has been a lot.. I used to measure stuff out but these days i go by feal and jsut know my body very well)

I am going to list my previous 3 workouts below, you will notice that I am actually lifting less, and have poorer "performance" in the gym, however, my body looks amazing.  I firmly believe that cutting is often a test of willpower and mental fortitude, to lift through the pain, and mental frustration of "seemingly losing strength".  Visually, I don't believe I have lost any muscle mass.

Leg day -

I felt slight tension in my lower back... after thinking about the advice I gave to @KingBowser I decided to drop squats all together.  No reason to hurt myself, and really I am of the opinion that compound lifts are worthless.

Super set #1

Leg press - 4x40x147

Calf machine thing - 4x40x180   **they used to have the good calf raise machine, the old school one you sit on... but they got rid of it and now have this modern POS, not happy about that

Standing body wieght calf raises - 4x100xBW

^You will notice that my previous leg work out was way better than this, this is a symptom of eating in a relatively big caloric deficit.  After this workout I kept to a strict diet but increased my rest days to 2x rest days after each workout.  Remember when cutting diet =>>90% of the equation.

Yesterday:

Super set #1

Rear deltoid cable cross 3x25x2.5

high incline deck lateral raises 3x25x7.5's

super set #2

dumbbell shrugs 3x25x70's

wide grip cable rows 3x25x70

super set #3

altetnating dumb bell curls - 2x25x35's

body drag straight bar curls 2x25x40

*felt fatigue and strain on my left deltoid, left the gym early to prevent injury.. also this was pushing it to far, had to carb load with some fired chicken and fries.

TODAY:

Super set #1

super set #2

super set #3

altetnating dumb bell curls - 2x26x35's

body drag straight bar curls 2x25x40

super set #4

one handed French curl right - 3x25x26

one handed French curl left - 3x25x25

Skull crushers 3x25x40

GL guys, lift hard and look good.

Did the following:

1) Chest Press (3x15)

2) Inclined Chest Press (3x15)

3) some other chest workout where the bars on adjacent sides are placed vertically and you have to push them (3x10)

4) Machine Flyes (3x12)

5) A forearm workout where you place your hands on a flat surface and lift the weight with your wrist. (3x12)

My arms are dead for now. Tomorrow morning's soreness is going to be fun :(

Edited by NikhilR

Super set #1

Rear deltoid cable cross 3x30x2.5

high incline deck lateral raises 3x30x7.5's

super set #2

dumbbell shrugs 3x30x70's

wide grip cable rows 3x30x70

super set #3

altetnating dumb bell curls - 2x30x35's

body drag straight bar curls 2x30x40

super set #4

one handed French curl right - 3x30x25

one handed French curl left - 3x30x25

Skull crushers 3x30x40

^Same workout as yesterday,  added 5 reps to all exercises, throwing some steaks into the diet to pump up calories and protein while keeping carbs low.

I have mentioned it before but something like 80%++ dudes at the gym have rounded shoulders... for years I did too much bench/over head press and now I haven't even touched the bench in over a year and I am still correcting an unbalanced build...

This dude is openly uguusexual... but his advice on this topic is spot on.  I post this because I wish someone pounded this info into my head back when I first started lifting:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/2012/04/08/how-to-fix-rolled-over-rounded-hunched-shoulders/

**the forum auto corrected and inserted the term "uguusexual" I would never use such a term because my T levels are too high.

Edited by Murcielago

Super set #1

Rear deltoid cable cross 3x35x2.5

high incline deck lateral raises 3x35x7.5's

super set #2

dumbbell shrugs 3x35x70's

wide grip cable rows 3x35x70

super set #3

altetnating dumb bell curls - 2x35x35's

body drag straight bar curls 2x35x40

super set #4

one handed French curl right - 3x35x25

one handed French curl left - 3x35x25

Skull crushers 3x35x40

*wanted to do legs yesterday but my fav leg press machine is broken again... sometimes i wonder if beasting out reps of 40 is too much for it?  Also had some weird ass pull/strain in my hamstring? 

Lift hard, get cut, get big, #jacked

Super set #1

Rear deltoid cable cross 3x40x2.5

high incline deck lateral raises 3x40x7.5's

super set #2

dumbbell shrugs 3x40x70's

wide grip cable rows 3x40x70

*My left anterior deltoid has been giving me problems, along with some sort of very minor tear in my left groin.  Going to focus on diet and working through the injuries.

Lost my psl battle, had to go to the gym to ease the pain. Wanted to feel good about myself so did a little bench.

135lbs (61kilo) 1x 5
185lbs 1x 3
205lbs 1x3
225lbs 1x2
245lbs (111.3kilo) 1x1
Just did bench for ego.

Cant give up on dead lifts, work so many body parts and like to improve my grip strength as well.

135lbs 3x12 slow on the way down
185 2x8 slow on the way down
Havent tried 225lbs since like last april
225lbs 2x5 slow, felt really good, just gonna increase volume next week. Had to switch to reverse grip on these, would like to stick to a both overhand grip though.

Did some barbell rows
115lbs (52kilo) 3x8
Followed by super set dumbell rows
3x8 45lbs

Followed by lat pulldowns wide
3xfailure 110lbs

Close grip
2xfailure 135lbs

Some pullups until failure.
Short work out, had to be back for tourney.

@KingBowser - GG the other day dude, you ended a 25+ win streak I had going...  Also your workouts seem good but you should be Deadlifitng well over 350 lbs if you can bench 240++.  Not sure on your goals but if your looking for aesthetics then the #1 thing for you to focus on here is your diet.  Also that workout you just did... if you train on an empty stomach and eat lean proteins and lots of them and healthy veggies... youll melt fat like a machine and slab on muscle at the same time.. Your BF% is high enough to mesomorph right now and fuck anyone who says otherwise.

Super set #1

super set #2

super set #3

altetnating dumb bell curls - 3x25x35's

body drag straight bar curls 3x25x40

super set #4

one handed French curl right - 3x25x25

one handed French curl left - 3x25x25

Skull crushers 3x25x40

^Easy workout as I am cutting.  It seems my body is on fat burning mode... I am throwing fried chicken, pizza at the beast that is my body yet fat continues to melt.  Down to ~183lbs which is somewhat alarming but I look AMAZING... Cannot wait to throw it into overdrive and start leaning bulking... want to gain ~20lbs and shed ~3% BF for the summer.

#elite #jacked #makegirlswet