The Dom mazzetti gang.

KingBowser

25 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

You could have two =)

im not going to take the bait on that one and retaliate, but in all seriousness I don't appreciate the joke. harmless or not (in your perspective). If you want to defend your bro culture (ironic or otherwise) go ahead, but please leave comments about relationships and "love" out of it. It's demeaning, especially to someone who respects their relationship. 

6 minutes ago, Emlee said:

im not going to take the bait on that one and retaliate, but in all seriousness I don't appreciate the joke. harmless or not (in your perspective). If you want to defend your bro culture (ironic or otherwise) go ahead, but please leave comments about relationships and "love" out of it. It's demeaning, especially to someone who respects their relationship. 

But bros can love too... =(

EDIT: For instance...

Edited by DoubleJ
Just now, DoubleJ said:

But bros can love too... =(

I respectfully asked you to stop, J.  I don't care if you want to take a jab at me about other things, but I'm telling you that you're making me uncomfortable. 

Now can someone actually talk about their progress or goals and not just talk in memes?

Just now, Emlee said:

I respectfully asked you to stop, J.  I don't care if you want to take a jab at me about other things, but I'm telling you that you're making me uncomfortable. 

Now can someone actually talk about their progress or goals and not just talk in memes?

Sorry Emloo, this thread is about media, not fitness goals. 

6 minutes ago, Emlee said:

why dont you start with yours? 

13 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:

why dont you start with yours? 

No u

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

So, I've started working in the hospital now as a medical student and was gifted the glorious "meal card" by my program to eat with. Unfortunately, cafeteria food is absolute crap and has only added to the single, most greatest obstacle in my fitness quest. 

Regardless, I'm trying to get the healthy plate and go from there. When you work 10-14 hours a day, you really have no other choice when they say "go eat and be back by xxx"; which is usually like 15 minutes later. 

To add to this though, I've found a nice rhythm to my exercise regime. Every Saturday, my roommates all gather at a local park and do a "crossfit" inspired workout. While I'm not big into the "functional fitness" rage that has swept the world, I do enjoy getting together and knocking one out a week that really challenges me. We really enjoy doing something called "Murph" which is a Hero's workout inspired by the fellow that "Lone Survivor" was based on. It's 1 mile, followed by 100 pull ups, 200 push ups, 300 air squats, followed by another mile run. It's ridiculous, but I guess we're all just a little bit masochistic. 

Aside from our group Saturday functions, I've been doing 'Gary Edward's' bench press routine weekly for quite some time now. It's a 4-week program that helps to improve your bench max. I do it twice a week and have kind of peaked at 225lbs (scared to go higher honestly). Then I fill in the rest of the week with workouts to hit my shoulders, biceps, triceps, back, and legs. Typically try to get Sunday in as rest. 

Currently weigh 185lbs and measure 6'0" (should be 6'6" NBA superstar).

Dom would be mirin'

Through swimming on my university triathlon team I've got massive shoulders and people mirin' them. Trying to break the 5 minute mile barrier and currently looking into how to do a muscle up. Additionally through the addition of adding weight lifting to my running program, I've been able to get my mile time from 5:25 to 5:13 after a 5 year hiatus from working out and losing 15+ lbs.

Rep for Dom the man

Edited by JSTUD
edited for clarity
2 minutes ago, JSTUD said:

Through swimming on my university triathlon team I've got massive shoulders and people mirin' them. Trying to break the 5 minute mile barrier and currently looking into how to do a muscle up. Additionally through the addition of adding weight lifting to my running program, I've been able to get my mile time from 5:25 to 5:13 after a 5 year hiatus from working out and losing 15+ lbs.

And that's why his name is JSTUD ladies and gentlemen. 

10 minutes ago, DaftKitteh said:

Reveal hidden contents

bVOXntt.jpg

8 months of moderate exercise and 3 months of working construction and I still weigh as much as I did when I was 14
how 2 gain muscle plz help

A lot of it has to do with diet. You can work hard but that body needs protein and carbs to fill out. How old are you now?

Also, you have any eyes under all that hair?

1 minute ago, DoubleJ said:

A lot of it has to do with diet. You can work hard but that body needs protein and carbs to fill out. How old are you now?

1 minute ago, DoubleJ said:

19, got like 14 days til I turn 20. 
and no

A buddy I work with suggested some kind of protein powder, does that stuff actually help?

Just now, DaftKitteh said:

19, got like 14 days til I turn 20. 
and no

A buddy I work with suggested some kind of protein powder, does that stuff actually help?

It starts with diet first and then you should consider supplementing imo. 

After a hard day of work lay the smack down on a plate of chicken, broccoli, and quinoa. Shoot for more grams of protein per day than you weigh. Get them eggs in in the morning. 

For your size you really just wanna focus on pounding down the good food. 

2 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

It starts with diet first and then you should consider supplementing imo. 

After a hard day of work lay the smack down on a plate of chicken, broccoli, and quinoa. Shoot for more grams of protein per day than you weigh. Get them eggs in in the morning. 

For your size you really just wanna focus on pounding down the good food. 

that sounds expensive though
I still gotta save up for a Porshe Boxster, which means ramen noodles and cheap pizza every night lmao

I thought that might be the issue though. 

Edited by DaftKitteh
16 hours ago, DaftKitteh said:

that sounds expensive though
I still gotta save up for a Porshe Boxster, which means ramen noodles and cheap pizza every night lmao

I thought that might be the issue though. 

This life takes effort. It doesn't magically show up in the form of a $50 protein mix sadly.

Fixederooni

Edited by DoubleJ