Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
Rozennia

The Deoxys Event.

Question

Ever since the map was introduced, players questioned about why Birth Island was on the map. Some players would say it's for Deoxys, but hasn't been implemented, and others may have said it was for a secret Jumpeon easter egg. I am here today to propose a suggestion for the Deoxys event. Knowing how the PokeMMO team likes to balance in-game features as much as possible, it may seem like a long stretch to even begin to mention Deoxys. However I am here to clear some thoughts up on how Deoxys may or may not be introduced. To start things off, the player would need to meet a few requirements to gain access to Birth Island.

 

  1. The player must have beaten both the Kanto, and Hoenn elite four, at least twice. Including the rematch.
  2. The player must have both MewTwoand Rayquaza registered in the Pokedex.
  3. The player must have obtained a special ticket from both Prof. Oak and Prof. Birch after registering MewTwo and Rayquaza respectively. 
  4. and finally, The player must complete Both Kanto's and Hoenn's storyline.

 

In the event that the player has met these requirements, the player can then go either to the Vermillion shipyard, or Lilycove harbor and "flash" the two tickets to the sailor man. Upon entering the boat, the player must defeat all the npc trainers on the boat to succeed on docking the ship at Birth Island. On arrival, the island will be slightly modified to suit PokeMMO's need. There will be a small cave entrance that leads to a cavern below the island. Once the player enters, the player will have to fight through very high level wild encounters. whether or not the player will be able to catch these encounters is up to the PokeMMO team. Near the end of the cavern, the player will see the usual "triangle" the player would normally move around to encounter Deoxys. Except this time, the player must solve that puzzle to unlock a secret room, that will have rare Deoxys encounters. Similar to cerulean cave with MewTwo. Whether or not the PokeMMO team decides to include all three Deoxys forms as three separate encounters, catching Deoxys will still trigger a global PvP event. I will also list some suggested movesets for each below:

 

Spoiler

Deoxys Normal:

Spoiler

fITP3vo.jpg

Deoxys Attack:

Spoiler

SVlIgmo.jpg

Deoxys Defense:

Spoiler

OYneNBK.jpg

Deoxys Speed:

Spoiler

2YzQwtW.jpg

 

I do realize that suggesting this now, would be kind of crazy, but I do not intend that this would be for a near update. I intend this to be for the near future. So I hope you guys on the PokeMMO team consider this as a viable source of reference in the future. This also took a long time to make with all the picture editing, so please do not hate or judge upon me. Anyway, Thanks, and happy gaming! :3

Share this post


Link to post

13 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

I don't know, I mean the suggestion and the requirements are pretty cool, but it makes it incredibly hard to acquire Deoxys in the first place. However, once people do start getting Deoxys, he'll barely even be a legendary due to the fact that this is an MMO, so people WILL be able to get both legendaries registered quite fast.

 

Also, was Otoya said. Two legends is enough currently in PokeMMO.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

That deoxys attack moveset and held item though... So cringy...

 

 

In all seriousness though, I don't see why this is needed. Mewtwo and Rayquaza already fill this slot of the gameplay, and adding another legendary to that mix will just make it even more cluttered. Furthermore the majority of players ignore rayquaza and mewtwo to begin with, so I don't understand why we are trying to expand the feature without making it any different (i.e. just making near-dead content bigger).

 

The lower tiered legends should be introduced in dungeons and the rest of the uber legends should be introduced as intense boss battles of some sort.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
31 minutes ago, Otoya said:

In PokeMMO? No thanks.

Mewtwo and Rayquaza are enough.

 

11 minutes ago, Cyrillic said:

I don't know, I mean the suggestion and the requirements are pretty cool, but it makes it incredibly hard to acquire Deoxys in the first place. However, once people do start getting Deoxys, he'll barely even be a legendary due to the fact that this is an MMO, so people WILL be able to get both legendaries registered quite fast.

 

Also, was Otoya said. Two legends is enough currently in PokeMMO.

 

2 minutes ago, Gilan said:

That deoxys attack moveset and held item though... So cringy...

 

 

In all seriousness though, I don't see why this is needed. Mewtwo and Rayquaza already fill this slot of the gameplay, and adding another legendary to that mix will just make it even more cluttered. Furthermore the majority of players ignore rayquaza and mewtwo to begin with, so I don't understand why we are trying to expand the feature without making it any different (i.e. just making near-dead content bigger).

 

The lower tiered legends should be introduced in dungeons and the rest of the uber legends should be introduced as intense boss battles of some sort.

One thing I thought of shortly after I posted this, is what if Deoxys could be acquired from either Kanto, OR Hoenn. It makes sense since Birth Island can be accessible in both Fire Red and Emerald via event item. This in theory could make the PvP concept more intense if the two players both have the corresponding legendary from that region. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
36 minutes ago, Raederz said:

Just looks like another Mewtwo/Rayquaza :/

 

PS : There is better ways to use colors :D

Haha, I just thought I'd make better use of the colors. People rarely seem to use them in casual posts. But if you REALLY want to go there,

yes there is a way to use color better. :3 

@Moetal

Edited by Rozennia

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
3 hours ago, Rozennia said:

Haha, I just thought I'd make better use of the colors. People rarely seem to use them in casual posts

thers a reason

 

 

is it gonna be like mewtwo and ray or can u catch it permanently? cus if permanent, catching it over and over again would be vital for the comp scene. just adding it for it not to be used in comp seems useless since its basicly the end of the game when u catch it anyway according to ur way of implementing it (only weirdos catch current legends more then once anyway)

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
14 hours ago, GeneralVenican said:

thers a reason

 

 

is it gonna be like mewtwo and ray or can u catch it permanently? cus if permanent, catching it over and over again would be vital for the comp scene. just adding it for it not to be used in comp seems useless since its basicly the end of the game when u catch it anyway according to ur way of implementing it (only weirdos catch current legends more then once anyway)

legendary -> Unique -> Not permanent catch

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 hours ago, Raederz said:

legendary -> Unique -> Not permanent catch

"Legendary" does not necessarily mean unique. By definition, anything described as "legendary" simply has a less-than-realistic backstory with very little proof to support it. Hence the term "legend". 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 minutes ago, BigShotJoe said:

"Legendary" does not necessarily mean unique. By definition, anything described as "legendary" simply has a less-than-realistic backstory with very little proof to support it. Hence the term "legend". 

K, but Deoxys is unique, right ?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 minute ago, Raederz said:

K, but Deoxys is unique, right ?

Depends on the point of view you're taking. From a single-player perspective, all legendaries are unique because you can only catch one per playthrough. From a competitive player's view, legendaries are just Pokemon, same as any other. Anyone that plays a Pokemon game through to the end can get pretty much every legendary (excluding events if you're poor, of course). If you take those legendaries into a PvP battle with another player that also finished the game, you're very likely going to end up with something like Rayquaza vs. Rayquaza. It's just how things are. I see no problem with it from a competitive view.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.