PvP : stop stall fest?

Viking

Question

10 answers to this question

Stall is a legit playstyle. Blame it as much as you want but that's a fact. When good stall players (i think about gb, yub or zebra for example) are stalling, they do not do it without an "end-game purpose" or just for the fun of stalling. It's just that they find themselves better in this kind of playstyle and i don't think it would be faire to forbid some kind of playstyle. Moreover, it would have a dirty effect on the metagame if you could avoid taking into account stall when you're teambuilding.

And that's coming from an offensive player.

Edited by Guerinf
34 minutes ago, XPLOZ said:

Tbh very few players know how to stall well.

And 80mins is alright brah, we already saw battles of 2hours+ :-D

It's pretty annoying to other ppl who are waiting a stall fest match ends to be able to play their own matches. And it already happened in the past that 2 stall fest players got DQ because their game was endless. 

I mean why isnt there a time limit for pokemon matches during official events?

1 minute ago, Viking said:

It's pretty annoying to other ppl who are waiting a stall fest match ends to be able to play their own matches. And it already happened in the past that 2 stall fest players got DQ because their game was endless. 

I mean why isnt there a time limit for pokemon matches during official events?

It wasn't endless, it was long. A time limit would be exploitable and some would force a dq if they are losing.

Edited by gbwead

Honestly it all depends on a matchup. If 2 hardcore stall teams face each other than yeah, this is bound to happen. Stall unfortunately always will remain the most viable playstyle unless TC will lose its shit and drop down Linoone into UU and bring back Dragons to OU.

Just so other players wont get discouraged from playing offensively- none of my UU matches today lasted for more than 20 mins. In fact, some of them took me like 4 mins. Stall just seems to be the safest way to play and offense is risky as fuk. No risk no fun tho