Define the Fury - Fighting Type Art Contest (August 15th - September 15th)

Rache

ZWzfQrp.png

Explanation:

The Lilycove art museum is planning an exhibit each month showcasing a different type of Pokemon. For a month, they have decided to feature fighting type Pokemon at the recommendation of WolfgangDamien, the standout of the previous exhibit. Will your artwork be the highlight of this next exhibit? Entries can be submitted in any form - from hand-drawn to digital to sculpture to 3D model. A fighting type Pokemon must be the focus of each artwork, but people and other Pokemon can be included. Mega evolutions and special forms are allowed as long as they are part fighting type.

Date/time for submission:

August 15th (00:01 EDT) until September 15th (23:59 EDT)

Prizes:
First place: Choice of which type the next contest will feature (that hasn't been done yet) AND 1000 Reward Points + 1,000,000 Pokeyen.
Second place: 750 Reward Points OR 750,000 Pokeyen.

Third place: 250 Reward Points OR 250,000 Pokeyen.

Rules:

• All artwork must be 100% original. Tracing or manipulating existing images is not allowed.
  • Only one entry per user. If you wish to replace your entry, please do so by editing your post.
  • All entries must be submitted on time and in this thread.
  • Your post must contain your in-game name.
  • The Pokemon you draw must be partially or fully of the FIGHTING type. Arceus is considered to be a normal type, so is not eligible.
  • Generation 7 Pokemon are allowed as long as they have been confirmed to have eligible typing.

Pokemon Allowed: (This list is subject to change if any new generation 7 fighting type Pokemon are revealed during the contest.)

Spoiler

Mankey
Primeape
Machop
Machoke
Machamp
Poliwrath
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Mega Mewtwo X
Heracross
Mega Heracross
Tyrogue
Hitmontop
Combusken
Blaziken
Mega Blaziken
Breloom
Makuhita
Hariyama
Meditite
Medicham
Mega Medicham
Monferno
Infernape
Mega Lopunny
Riolu
Lucario
Mega Lucario
Croagunk
Toxicroak
Gallade
Mega Gallade
Pignite
Emboar
Timburr
Gurdurr
Conkeldurr
Throh
Sawk
Scraggy
Scrafty
Mienfoo
Mienshao
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Keldeo Ordinary Form
Keldeo Resolute Form
Meloetta Pirouette Forme
Chesnaught
Pancham
Pangoro
Hawlucha
Nuikoguma
Bewear

Host: RacheLucario
Other judges: Noad, Munya, Raederz, Bearminator, GBush

On 8/16/2016 at 9:15 AM, WolfgangDamien said:

Im mad at myself for not having an entry ready yet o-o I had like a month+ to prepare. Damn real life!!

Also Im having problems with how to make the most epic Machoke. Too many good ideas. 

Draw Machamp instead if you can't decide  :)

I decided to go with a hyper-realistic looking Mega Lopunny.  Enjoy.

g1wjyVm.png

Ok, I lied.
I drew this with a mouse using just the paintbrush tool on 1 layer.

Ign: Kickern

@Moetal

If you can make Conkeldurr look moe, I'll be impressed.

Edit: Real submission below.  I, uh, may have went overboard with the background?

mega_lopunny.png

Thanks Rache!

Edited by Kickern
updated image

Anybody have a recommendation of where to upload a large png image that won't turn it into a crappy jpg file?  My mega lopunny looks a decent bit better in the original png I saved it as than the jpg that you see in my submission post.

Edited by Kickern
1 hour ago, Kickern said:

Anybody have a recommendation of where to upload a large png image that won't turn it into a crappy jpg file?  My mega lopunny looks a decent bit better in the original png I saved it as than the jpg that you see in my submission post.

imgur.com is what I use, all file types, all sizes