[PSL 6] HYPE Thread

1 minute ago, JIceJDragon said:

I like this idea though I like the idea of giving managers more credits than making 10 teams, making 10 teams makes the PSL season longer and more players have to battle and schedule each week. If we gave the 8 managers more credits for the 10 tiers being played this season it would allow the managers to buy more players for their team and show more variety in their lineups. This season if we do OUx3, UUx2, NUx2, Doubles, Showdownx2 there will be 80 matches being scheduled and a lot of time and effort making sure each player plays their match fairly (lol zeikooo). If we add 2 more managers it be probably be even more hectic with 100 battles each week and the season and drafting will be so much more harder for managers.

We can handle fam

Just do me a favour, don't start this until nearing the end of the year. Part of what makes PSL great is that it's not over done, it's usually runs twice a year. S4 started late november i believe which is when I'd prefer s6 to happen.

I get PSL is an awsome series and we don't want it to go away. But it's barely ended s5, sleepy's nomination thread isnt even complete and the mvp tournament hasn't even taken place.

+ Lions deserve more time to enjoy their glory :)

2 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

Just do me a favour, don't start this until nearing the end of the year. Part of what makes PSL great is that it's not over done, it's usually runs twice a year. S4 started late november i believe which is when I'd prefer s6 to happen.

I get PSL is an awsome series and we don't want it to go away. But it's barely ended s5, sleepy's nomination thread isnt even complete and the mvp tournament hasn't even taken place.

Hide contents

+ Lions deserve more time to enjoy their glory :)

Fuck the lions, season 6 train is boarding

wait for October/November then we can play through the holidays. 

also dont give the managers more money, remove or lower the minimum bid and remove the player cap. that way mangers have to really be good with their money and make the right bids and if they fuck up their teams screwed. managers need to earn that 12.5%

4 minutes ago, SpartacusGD said:

Please no 10 players. 10 teams please

the problem with 10 teams would mean extending the whole event an extra 2 weeks. 

this past season ended with an odd feeling of it overstaying its welcome. would probably be better to not make this season even longer.

11 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

the problem with 10 teams would mean extending the whole event an extra 2 weeks. 

this past season ended with an odd feeling of it overstaying its welcome. would probably be better to not make this season even longer.

U r right lets not do that

Edited by SpartacusGD

Ok im just wondering why are you rushing this so damn fast. Is it because you got humiliated in the finals and what us to forget it throwing hype all over the place? But I agree with kizhaz, psl back to back like that isnt healthy for the league. 

Ok but now real concerns, I agree that the retaining rule sucks for the new managers, but why take off that one when you keep all the bs rules like mid season auction. IMO that rule is the dumbest one of them all. If a player wants to play he'll have to wait for next season if it was for me. Look at s3 mid season how it fked up everything. Didnt happen the next 2 seasons but it could happen. 

Ok now for the 10 players 10 teams. Pls no, psl needs that exclusivity, we already have so much bull shitt coaching and ghosting in psl and I feel like if we add more players this issue would just become way worse just because you'd necesserally get less good and accomplished players in each team. Meaning that a player like idk frags who has accomplished everythng in this game would be more tempted to coach the new kid fresh from virid who signed up and got drafted because their was no other option. 

Also more credits for everyone wouldnt change anything, you'd just see 2k players go for 10k and 30k players go for like 60 or something. But thats just basic math and Im not against or for increasing the amount of credit for each team. 

Tl;DR im pretty hung over soo if this doesnt make any sens just tell me once and ill fix it later on in the day. Just wanted to throw my opinions as a 2x winning manager and a player since season 1.

18 minutes ago, LionKIng said:

Ok im just wondering why are you rushing this so damn fast. Is it because you got humiliated in the finals and what us to forget it throwing hype all over the place? But I agree with kizhaz, psl back to back like that isnt healthy for the league. 

Ok but now real concerns, I agree that the retaining rule sucks for the new managers, but why take off that one when you keep all the bs rules like mid season auction. IMO that rule is the dumbest one of them all. If a player wants to play he'll have to wait for next season if it was for me. Look at s3 mid season how it fked up everything. Didnt happen the next 2 seasons but it could happen. 

Ok now for the 10 players 10 teams. Pls no, psl needs that exclusivity, we already have so much bull shitt coaching and ghosting in psl and I feel like if we add more players this issue would just become way worse just because you'd necesserally get less good and accomplished players in each team. Meaning that a player like idk frags who has accomplished everythng in this game would be more tempted to coach the new kid fresh from virid who signed up and got drafted because their was no other option. 

Also more credits for everyone wouldnt change anything, you'd just see 2k players go for 10k and 30k players go for like 60 or something. But thats just basic math and Im not against or for increasing the amount of credit for each team. 

Tl;DR im pretty hung over soo if this doesnt make any sens just tell me once and ill fix it later on in the day. Just wanted to throw my opinions as a 2x winning manager and a player since season 1.

Well, how can you say removing a bad thing isn't a good thing because there are more bad things which themselves are debatable. Buy back was just bad, it really was. Mid-season auction in my opinion did have downfalls but it is good I think because not everyone can play the start of the season, and it gives the managers extra tactics in saving money for mid-season. One thing I dislike though, is managers getting refunded stupid amounts from "things that aren't their fault" and then having a massive advantage in mid-season auction.

Yeh, we can't really shoot down the 10 players/10 teams idea because of coaching/ghosting, we can only do our best to make sure it doesn't happen, but allowing more people to play instead of sitting on the bench/teamless is definitely a good thing. The way I see it is, you say we shouldn't do it because it gives players who coach/ghost extra "tools" to do their thing but look, RagingLions won 2 seasons in a row, when you look at the teams used in the past 2 seasons, I don't think they have that sort of player that would be coaching everyone, and they/we won it, so it's just evidence it's probably not playing a big factor.

Edited by KaynineXL
21 minutes ago, LionKIng said:

I think you make valid points in paragraphs 3 and 4, and I get what youre saying in paragraph 2 but, baby steps. The way JJ changed the midseason credit situation should allow for a situation where the worst team gets the shot at the best player, and like kaynine said, the biggest problem is probably with credit refunds to managers early on.

Re: paragraph 3 (10 players or 10 teams) you've got a point, exclusivity is something to think about. Smogon could probably up it to 20 teams in SPL and still fill up every team with quality players and managers, but they keep it a small, exclusive league that for many, is the pinnacle of their competitive pokemon experience. As our playerbase (and hopefully competitive playerbase) continues to grow we could theoretically continue expanding PSL to include everyone, but at some level I think it's healthy that people who want to play aren't always drafted. It gives them incentive to go out there, make a name for themself, and get themselves onto a team.

Edited by Gunthug

My opinion :

-Trades should be removed. This is bullshit, we just saw it last season. It's too subjective to judge if a trade is leggit or not (>debates of jice vs rendom, and raidn vs Leorodo + Sebat), and it leads to situations where players who wanted to be drafted by another team will cry to be traded. Managers have to do their job during the auctions, that's all. 

-You should be more savage against players who broke the rules imo. If it was up to me, they should all be blacklisted this season. Indeed, it fucks up PSL and doing nothing sets a very bad precedent for next seasons. I mean, why wouldn't I cheat if punishments are that weak ? Atm, it is a situation of high reward, low risk. 

-About exclusivity, I was about to say a bit the same than Lion and Gunthug. Adding tiers/credits/teams so that most of the players are drafted is a bad idea. If some players aren't drafted, it is because managers believe that they are not able to get wins, probably because they didn't accomplish anything on this game yet. It should be a motivation for them to grow. 

Dank Brotherhood revival ?!

jk lol, the name was bad anyway

Edited by XPLOZ