[PSL 6] HYPE Thread

I feel like we should have 10 tiers instead of 8.

For starters, last PSL there were record breaking amount of sign ups and a lot of people had to ride the bench, including some good people. This next season is following shortly after season 5, so I suspect the hype will carry over and give us even more sign ups honestly..

Just a thought.

2 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

2 PokeMMO OU/UU/NU, 1 PokeMMO Doubles and 3 Showdown tiers?

Or maybe add PokeMMO LC in the mix if there are enough players

I was thinking

OU1, OU2, OU3, UU1, UU2, NU, Doubles, + 3 Showdown Tiers though LC doesnt sound like a horrible idea because their arent that many showdown players

OU1,2,3 because there are so many more OU players than there are NU players and last season we had a huge excess in players that played OU

Spoiler

Also think it might be beneficial to give managers more credits since there are way more players... but that's just me

22 minutes ago, JIceJDragon said:

I was thinking

OU1, OU2, OU3, UU1, UU2, NU, Doubles, + 3 Showdown Tiers though LC doesnt sound like a horrible idea because their arent that many showdown players

OU1,2,3 because there are so many more OU players than there are NU players and last season we had a huge excess in players that played OU

Reveal hidden contents

Also think it might be beneficial to give managers more credits since there are way more players... but that's just me

I'll consider 10 tiers, but the 100k during the PSL Draft will stay the same. Managers will just have to manage their cash a whole lot better. I might consider increasing the amount players get leading up to the midseason though. 

32 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:

Im positive gb is just trolling. 

I am not.

I see a lot of people complain that UU/NU are unpopular tiers with no visibility in PokeMMO and yet the most hyped tournament organized by the community doesn't encourage the players to play these "unpopular" tiers. Last PSL, there was almost twice as much sign ups in NU than there was in DPP, approximately 46 NU vs 27 DPP. Why promote showdown tiers over PokeMMO tiers?

Imo, OU1 and OU2 are not enough. Out of the 28 benched players at the beginning of last season, 23 were OU players. At mid season, out of the 10 benched players, 9 were OU players. 

Edit: Considering that people signed up for NU before the NU tier got created, I think this shows how much people wanted to play NU.

Edited by gbwead
12 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Maybe it's time to expand to 10 teams instead

I'd make this call after manager signups, you never know if you'll even get 10 worthy applications. Regardless, a LOT of players went undrafted last year and a lot were drafted but never used. Expanding the tiers or managers 10 seems like a solid idea

Edited by Gunthug
7 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

I'd make this call after manager signups, you never know if you'll even get 10 worthy applications. Regardless, a LOT of players went undrafted last year and a lot were drafted but never used. Expanding the tiers or managers 10 seems like a solid idea

I like this idea though I like the idea of giving managers more credits than making 10 teams, making 10 teams makes the PSL season longer and more players have to battle and schedule each week. If we gave the 8 managers more credits for the 10 tiers being played this season it would allow the managers to buy more players for their team and show more variety in their lineups. This season if we do OUx3, UUx2, NUx2, Doubles, Showdownx2 there will be 80 matches being scheduled and a lot of time and effort making sure each player plays their match fairly (lol zeikooo). If we add 2 more managers it be probably be even more hectic with 100 battles each week and the season and drafting will be so much more harder for managers.