[PSL 6] HYPE Thread

2 hours ago, Ploegy said:

Alright here we go since you encouraged this JJ, I'll provide one

Since this week was my last week of this season and maybe even for psl still haven't decided if I'll play again next season I'd thought I'd give a special shout out. So first of all, thank you @SirVector for drafting an old timer like me who hasn't played psl since season 3 and actually putting faith in me and not wanting me simply because I was a sig maker like some other people wanted or thinking I was a waste of 3k. I think your trust in me really paid off and I'm glad I could be one of the players you could count on. Also thank you to my teammates for always being supportive even when I took that one loss. The amount of uplifting things you said truly made me happy to be in this with you guys. I couldn't have asked for better teammates even though you boys always relied on me to get shit done

Also thank you @BlackJovi for literally betting on me almost every week I played and being the only person to do so. I'm glad to see people from outside of my team believed in me as well c:

@Kizhaz thanks for bringing up the blind metagross jokes again this season. Never forget Blind-a-gross

And well, thanks to everyone who believed in me this season. I really appreciate it all. As an old comp player I didn't really expect anyone to believe I could come in and show I could hold my own. I came out and gave it my all this season and I think I did a pretty good job. Was a fun season

Only downside to this season was lack of salt. Needs more salt. That is all

Beautiful words, always beliebed in u 

Feedback on PSL:

I played PSL in season 1,2,3 and took a break for 4 and 5 to come back in season 6 and not that much has changed, which is good i guess.

Everything went pretty well, so props to JJ. I'm pretty sure that the buying and selling players so late in the season to put them in a playoff team should definately be avoided next PSL but i'm pretty sure whoever is hosting next PSL is aware of that.

About ADV OU: Let's not get this tier again next PSL. I already voiced it to some people and a lot agree with me.

There are multiple reasons why it's bad:

- The tier: It's just inherently a lower competitive tier than Gen 4,5 and Gen 6 OU. Just ask around on smogon (there even was a poll at some point which of the first 5 gens were highest competetive and Gen 4 was first, followed by gen 5)

- The players/competition: We went from a tier with good comp players(amanu, thinknice) to a tier filled with leftovers and players who aren't good enough for PokeMMO. It's just a haxfest with random outcomes. I mean but just look at the players and the results. Let's not be cognitively dissonant here. The tier was a coinflip. I'm only saying what a lot of other people think.

Suggestion: To create a more competitive environment in the future you need more competitive players and a more competitive tier.

So only have 1 old tier, DPP is pretty competitive and you'll have a higher pool to choose from since only 1 old tier and you're kinda forcing ADV players like myself to play DPP.

And maybe include ORAS or Sun and Moon OU.

tl;dr

a3GZ7hr.jpg

Let's win PSL now.

Since I just want to look cool I'll give you some feedback too.

First off I want to give a few shout-outs though:

@KaynineXL For borrowing me comps, always being there for me, even buying me this season oh wait, I did that myself hue  and for being a great manager overall.

@BlackJovi For always cheering me on and being a great friend.

@LifeStyle For helping that one time I can't remember anymore.

@DoubleJ Also for borrowing me comps and always being a great friend(Still biased tho amirite).

@Quint Dead but not forgotten lybb

@Kanzo Fuck baenines. Saiyans #1

@Baenines U still #1 tho

@allmanagers suk dezz nutz

Now I've got that burden off of my chest we can continue to something nobody will probably read.

Seriously though, I've really enjoyed this PSL. Being a PSL 4 benchwarmer, PSL 5 clutchplayer(RIP Sleepy still havent gotten my prize u piece of shit) and PSL 6 I guess decent player? It was a fun season, and I've enjoyed every single bit of it so far. This season had some great competition, great managers and some of the best salt I've ever seen.  Third playoffs spot for me and I just want to say I hope, no. I know we're going to reel in that prize money baby leggo. Good luck to all managers and players though. I'm confident everybody has done their fair share to earn the win.

Oh yeah. Ban Calculators.

Edited by ShadowGary
Just now, Tranzmaster said:

Who/what decides who will be the next manager for PSL?

PS: Just an enquiry, I'd rather play AP Pantheon than becoming a manager top kek

Do you mean host or manager? I'll answer both. 

1. Being a host takes a lot of effort and time. You have to realize you're not going to please everyone. I came in with the hope to make rules more rigid and put the onus on players and managers, rather than the host. It isn't a good system when the host is being pressured on a weekly basis because he or she is soft with the rules. I personally asked the previous managers if they would like to see me host and if they felt comfortable passing the reigns off. It was up to them, and they ultimately signed off because I've been so involved in prior seasons and because I had some decent ideas. I also worked with them closely setting this season up. 

2. Choosing a manager is the host's job and it's a tough one. Gunt, Orange, and I all voted on the manager apps and picked our top 8. Criteria included those who have been involved the longest, those who are active, those who are good competitors, and also those who are willing to work within the system. I also took into account donations as a very minor criteria since that shows you really care about the system and want to see it succeed. 

All in all, I really enjoyed my role as host and it exceeded my expectations by becoming one of the best seasons to date with a massive prizepool and good turn out. I honestly wouldn't mind hosting again, but if the playerbase wants me to step down I won't burden the community. 

I've got some fun ideas for season 7 though if I were to be involved again. 

3 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

This was my list of interview questions for prospective hosts:

1. Do you want to host PSL?

2. Really? 

3. Lol wait, you actually want to be host?

Is there a reason - beside convenience - why a PSL season needs to be hosted by an individual instead of a community group? Hosting is obviously a lot of work for only one person.

2 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Is there a reason - beside convenience - why a PSL season needs to be hosted by an individual instead of a community group? Hosting is obviously a lot of work for only one person.

Honestly no, but in my opinion it is more efficient to have one host. We kind of had a "PSL council" early on in the season but that died out when the weeks started rolling.

I know you're interested in helping out, but I'm hesitant that we could effectively work together considering how critical you were of me throughout this season and in other threads. I'd also like to see you be more involved in the psl. Sitting out season in and season out because reasons is a real bummer. I think @Gunthug and @OrangeManiac would agree. 

2 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Honestly no, but in my opinion it is more efficient to have one host. We kind of had a "PSL council" early on in the season but that died out when the weeks started rolling.

I know you're interested in helping out, but I'm hesitant that we could effectively work together considering how critical you were of me throughout this season and in other threads. I'd also like to see you be more involved in the psl. Sitting out season in and season out because reasons is a real bummer. I think @Gunthug and @OrangeManiac would agree. 

I was not talking about myself specifically. If PSL was hosted by multiple individuals, they would have to get along to make the season great.