Vitamins are way too expensive.

KaynineXL

Question

Like, 250 BP was fine. Doubling the cost of each one is just absurd.

25k BP just to EV train one Pokemon.. For real? I decided there's no way I'm paying that much, but unfortunately I have no choice since comp shinies are given to you at level 50. I know you're trying to be nice and not have us level them up, but please.. at least put them at level 40 so we have a choice.

Godly quote from Gilan:

"It takes 50 unranked WINS to get the required 25k BP (i.e. a rate of 1 vitamin per WIN). Let's say you win 6 out of every 10 battles. Each battle takes approximately 10-15 minutes on average. Thus it would take ~83 battles and thus 13.8-20.75 hours to get 50 vitamins."

Edited by KaynineXL

5 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Like, 250 BP was fine. Doubling the cost of each one is just absurd.

25k BP just to EV train one Pokemon.. For real? I decided there's no way I'm paying that much, but unfortunately I have no choice since comp shinies are given to you at level 50. I know you're trying to be nice and not have us level them up, but please.. at least put them at level 40 so we have a choice.

craft'em.....oh wait, white herbs.

1 minute ago, JonazDK said:

But usually inflation isn't a thing for non-tradeale things...

Money is tradeable, Vitamins are not like the main money sink?, the way to remove money is rising up the price of Vitams

Its called "Economy"

but isn't it vitamins bought for battle points this thread is all about? or are there something i dont get? 

Ok Ok, my bad. Nvm what i said

Only out of curiosity, are BP tradeable in this game? 

they aren't

1 minute ago, KaynineXL said:

Not really, no. But you can buy tradable goods with BP.

The fact of the matter is, 25k BP just to ev train 1 Pokemon is way too much.

Ok so the only "factible" explanation i see for that is that people stopped grinding EVs the old way (you know, killin pokemons), and it was way too fast to get a Pokemon full EVd (with the old way was like 1 pokemon per hour or two?).

Its only about "Spend more time gettin BP coz the old EV training takes time too".

Just now, Greck said:

Ok so the only "factible" explanation i see for that is that people stopped grinding EVs the old way (you know, killin pokemons), and it was way too fast to get a Pokemon full EVd (with the old way was like 1 pokemon per hour or two?).

Its only about "Spend more time gettin BP coz the old EV training takes time too".

Not at all.

Most people EV'd using Sweet Scent or the old fashioned way. Vitamins were generally just for those who did matchmaking a lot, also the fact getting sp atk evs are still awfully slow vitamins were a good way to to do those certain evs. Vitamins were removed from stores so we can't purchase with $$, so now we're forced to pay absurd BP prices.

another way to think about it is in the form of unranked pvp battles. It takes 50 WINS to get the required 25k BP (i.e. a rate of 1 vitamin per WIN). Let's say you win 6 out of every 10 battles. Each battle takes approximately 10-15 minutes on average. Thus it would take ~83 battles and thus 13.8-20.75 hours to get 50 vitamins. Considering that the alternative is at a rate that you can EV a pokemon in under an hour... Yeah, the BP price of Vitamins is ridiculous.

28 minutes ago, Gilan said:

another way to think about it is in the form of unranked pvp battles. It takes 50 WINS to get the required 25k BP (i.e. a rate of 1 vitamin per WIN). Let's say you win 6 out of every 10 battles. Each battle takes approximately 10-15 minutes on average. Thus it would take ~83 battles and thus 13.8-20.75 hours to get 50 vitamins. Considering that the alternative is at a rate that you can EV a pokemon in under an hour... Yeah, the BP price of Vitamins is ridiculous.

I'l put that in the OT. Very well said.

24 minutes ago, Cyrillic said:

I would agree with dropping the price of Vitamins, but it's kind of pointless since Sweet Scent EV training is better considering just time and ease.

8 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

Here ya go.

1 hour ago, Edniss said:

Here ya go.

Actual question, why does EV training at level 50 change your EV training? Is it because of the different between EVs needed for each stat to go up or is there a different reason?

2 minutes ago, Cyrillic said:

Actual question, why does EV training at level 50 change your EV training? Is it because of the different between EVs needed for each stat to go up or is there a different reason?

Because of EXP. They want the Pokemon to stay at LVL 50, avoiding LVL up, and all that stuff. Battle Frontier, y'know?

Dunno where I stand on this, I personally don't think Vitamins should be a person main source of EV'ing and should be a expensive go to when in a hurry, otherwise bring back the 100 EV cap if the prices are dropped to make them an affordable easy way to EV.

There are also other ways to obtain BP, dunno how it ranks up to matchmaking, but BF is pretty quick for some pretty easy high amounts of BP, I wonder if the actual issue is if matchmaking isn't giving enough?

8 hours ago, Munya said:

Dunno where I stand on this, I personally don't think Vitamins should be a person main source of EV'ing and should be a expensive go to when in a hurry, otherwise bring back the 100 EV cap if the prices are dropped to make them an affordable easy way to EV.

There are also other ways to obtain BP, dunno how it ranks up to matchmaking, but BF is pretty quick for some pretty easy high amounts of BP, I wonder if the actual issue is if matchmaking isn't giving enough?

I feel like Vitamins were in a good spot before though.

Generally, I vitamined sp atk and comp shinies and that was about it... unless I got lazy. For the most part I would leppa ev train. Right now, it's just waaay too expensive to do that, it pretty much makes me not want to use them at all and I just don't see the point in that.