Something that should have been done YEARS ago

HypnoMan

How come there is a limit to how many characters you can have but there's no way to delete old ones -_- like i work for a gaming company and I know how to code, its not hard to add a "Delete" button, maybe do it so you can right-click the profile and then gives you a confirm delete window. People say you can have as many accounts with as you want but I don't want 4 accounts to play 1 game, please read this and please add in a VERY simple button that will completely change your game in a positive way.

3 minutes ago, Gilan said:

I really don't see the issue surrounding the need for character deletion. The potential dangers that it could cause far outweigh the occasional complaint from a random player.

Once character deletion becomes a thing(probably not) the "WE NEED CHARACTER DELETION" posts would turn into "I accidentally deleted my character, can i get it back please?" in other words, it would cause more problems.

Edited by Kinkler

IMO three characters is enough - for example playing the storyline more than three would be boring and it'd just make for more grinding.

Anyway knowing a lot of noobs on here travelling to hoenn by accident, I can tell there's going to be loads of "HELP I accidentally deleted my character" threads - I'll put a bet on it too.

"do you want to delete your character""

"yes"

"no really, you want to do that?"

"yes"

"shit u dumb, tons of money and comps, and time going to waste, still wanna do it?"

"yes"

3 days later...

FUCK HOW DID I DELETE MY CHARACTER OMG I NEED IT BACK I HAD A SHINY RATTATA ON THERE I NEED IT BACK IT WASNT EVEN MINE OMG I HATE THIS GAME

thats how its gonna be, sure i want character deletion but a safe way to keep the noobs out

Let's make it like this, in similar fashion as /unstuck:

1. You need to type /deletecharacter while in game

2. A confirmation pop-up will come up asking if you really want to delete your character,

3. In game system message will give you further instructions - You now must stand still for five minutes, taking no actions (most noobs cannot do this because they don't have the patience to stand around for five minutes)

4. ???

5. PROFIT!!!

I'd love to see the noobs try to bail out of this one. If they claim deleting their character as an accident, we by all mean can point and laugh at their stupidity.

Edited by Moetal
17 minutes ago, Moetal said:

I'd love to see the noobs try to bail out of this one. If they claim deleting their character as an accident, we by all mean can point and laugh at their stupidity.

"my little brother typed /deletecharacter while i was afk pls restore my acccount!!1!! ps: he also was using a bot pls no ban"

Well a more plausible feature would be request to delete account, then if you don't log in for one week, then your account gets deleted. I think that's how they do it with facebook just so someone who deletes it doesn't immediately regret deleting it. Although that's assuming deleting accounts is something that should be done in the first place, I don't necessarily see a point in deleting an account. If you want a new character name, just make a new character. If you want to free up an account name, then you fall right where the devs want you to; buying two name change tickets so you can swap names.