Show % of damage taken by a move.

KaynineXL

Question

So right now, if we hover over a Pokemon's health bar, you can see the % of health it has left. Technically you could subtract the remaining % health with the % it had previously but it's a little more annoying especially when they have leftovers.

ce70b7d600bfbfb57ababf5464694465.png

I wanted the game to show in the battle logs how much damage we do to our opponents in %.

How PokeMMO shows battle logs:22f6c3d4799094b184da447d614f6a2e.png

How Showdown shows battle logs:86fbc6a4d93b57f64ec2c5fc284ac429.png

I know we're only supposed to do 1 suggestion per thread, but it's on the same subject so I figured it's probably not a bad idea to add it here. If you don't like it, then just edit and remove this part.

In fact I feel like the whole battle log could use some work. I would love to see a more in-depth one like showdown in the future. Right now, I feel like our one is a little sloppy and hard to read.

f12e3240516a249984affe0f0c521787.png

Instead we could have something more like:

Turn 1:

Smeargle used False Swipe!

It's not very effective... The opposing Geodude lost 39% of its health!

Wild Geodude used Rock Blast!

Hit 4 times! The Opposing Geodude lost 3% of its health!

Smeargle's leftovers restored its HP a little!

Turn 2:

and so on...

Overall, something like the showdown one:

b9a0e82647e8364b968154dfd8eee6af.png

Edited by KaynineXL

5 answers to this question

The dev's said they couldn't make a encounter pokemon tracker that would literally just +1 a personal digit everytime you encounter a pokemon.

Meaning creating something that actually has to calculate percentages after each move in game is going to be much more data.

Would be completely unfair

Edited by frogbussoms
18 minutes ago, frogbussoms said:

The dev's said they couldn't make a encounter pokemon tracker that would literally just +1 a personal digit everytime you encounter a pokemon.

Meaning creating something that actually has to calculate percentages after each move in game is going to be much more data.

Would be completely unfair

I'm unsure if you're trolling, and I'm not sure if the devs did shoot down the Pokemon encounter suggestion because of that but.. I think you've got the wrong end of the stick.

For starters, if they are tracking every Pokemon we encounter and storing it on their servers, that would probably require a lot of space although I don't see why they couldn't store the Pokemon we encounter on our PC, I'm no nerd when it comes to all that stuff so I can't really say.  I don't see how giving the % of the damage when using a move in a battle would store any information(apart from watching replays, but that's only a bunch of games each tourney compared to the tracking every encounter by every player in the game), so I don't understand how you can compare the two.

On 8/3/2016 at 8:52 AM, KaynineXL said:

I'm unsure if you're trolling, and I'm not sure if the devs did shoot down the Pokemon encounter suggestion because of that but.. I think you've got the wrong end of the stick.

For starters, if they are tracking every Pokemon we encounter and storing it on their servers, that would probably require a lot of space although I don't see why they couldn't store the Pokemon we encounter on our PC, I'm no nerd when it comes to all that stuff so I can't really say.  I don't see how giving the % of the damage when using a move in a battle would store any information(apart from watching replays, but that's only a bunch of games each tourney compared to the tracking every encounter by every player in the game), so I don't understand how you can compare the two.

I see what your saying. Thanks for the response.