[Tutorial] Sprite Editing and Inserting for Fire Red

I found for the female backsprite that the pallet reverts to default no matter how you edit it. As a test to see what could be edited and I did this:

ra55js.png

How it appears in PokeMMO ___ How it looks in NSE

I've tried doing each colour individually but had the same results but when I load it in No$gba it appears as a red silhouette so I know the edit is taking to the rom.

For the record I did give up and managed to make it look alright with the default pallet. I just found it damned annoying and figured I'd mention it with the talk of editing the female backsprite.

I found for the female backsprite that the pallet reverts to default no matter how you edit it. As a test to see what could be edited and I did this:

ra55js.png

How it appears in PokeMMO ___ How it looks in NSE

I've tried doing each colour individually but had the same results but when I load it in No$gba it appears as a red silhouette so I know the edit is taking to the rom.

For the record I did give up and managed to make it look alright with the default pallet. I just found it damned annoying and figured I'd mention it with the talk of editing the female backsprite.

That's strange, I haven't experienced that error before. @Killjoy: It's the two red ones :P

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to create your own pallette? <---- idk how to spell (for the 1.7.5.0 one [PM ME])

thnx in advance.

You edit the palette in the game, but you have to follow what this guide says about the red shades.

sorry if this has been mentioned but are there any reliable sprite editors for mac?

Use the program Wine to run windows applications.

This will change my sprite on mmo?

Yep.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to change my female backsprites to a custom one and it's inserting into the rom file fine but when I load PokeMMO the palette is completely messed. What I want to know is. Is it possible to change the palette to a custom one? or am I stuck with the normal female sprites palette.

Ps. for reference this is the custom sprite I made. Custombacksprite1.png

I finally saw what you were talking about here, and the issue is being resolved in the next PokeMMO update (Desu fixed it)

Ok, question. So i've done all this jazz and i've had fun editing it. But it was apparently 'too big', so i repointed. #135 and #136 are both fucked. Lemme screenie it for ya.

http://tinypic.com/r/10zr7k6/6

Halp..?

Add: Also, note that i only edited 135 and 136 changed along the way.

Huh, I have no idea why it would change your colors like that. Do you still have the indexed 16 color .bmp files that you imported into Fire Red? If so, would you mind if I took a look at them to see if I can get it to work, or at least to troubleshoot for you?

Huh, I have no idea why it would change your colors like that. Do you still have the indexed 16 color .bmp files that you imported into Fire Red? If so, would you mind if I took a look at them to see if I can get it to work, or at least to troubleshoot for you?

http://www.mediafire.com/?ia2rr1f93crbq9t

Here's the PNG and the BMP. Dont mind the zipfile name, it's dutch. :P

Well, I used your .bmp file and inserted it over 135(Red) and it worked perfectly...

ohl3jr.png

So all I can say is that you should start on a fresh Fire Red rom and try it again.

Alright. I'll try. If anything goes wrong, could you send me your FireRed rom?

Add: Did you try saving it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...