[PSL V] Honors

2 minutes ago, Rendiz said:

I think based off the predictions at the start of the season where everyone thought Ninjas were looking trash and ended up winning every week Kanzo is looking strong favorite for best manager. Then again its hard to know how much each manager has done to help their teams without being in each respective team.

Also if you are only looking at win rates I should be an option for best doubles even though don't deserve it since I was lazy as fuck all season and barely changed team all season outside of my week 1 counter team.

And ofc Doc should also be a doubles option. Man is a beast for a B tier player.

Clutch win of the season gotta by my boy Barry.

Best buy gotta be Bowser. Idk why the managers doubted him and he sold for less than Frags.

Best Mid season Leobrodo for sure.

Worst Mid season buy ShinyTailow (sorry man)

That's about my opinions for now, kind of lost interest in PSL and followed it less about half way through when it was becoming clear TBD weren't getting playoffs.

edit: I don't think I even need to mention it but biggest scumbag = Osuki

Only way I think I should be an option is if I beat Jice and win in the finals too should we get there, a 3-1 record isnt bad but its only half the season... Artem has been consistent throughout the whole thing

Best buy Bowser

Best mid season Leorodo

Worst mid buy Bluejim

Clutch win Shadowgary (even though finals week could change that)

Biggest scumbag = Zeikooo. on a winning fucking team and doesnt even have the balls to try... Osuki coming in a close second

5 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

Not too much different from most managers though

For me its gotta be from one of the three remaining teams, really depends on who wins

DoubleJ: If you told me two weeks ago they will win the whole thing I would have seriously doubted you, they are in the finals and if they do it its gotta be him

Kanzo: Stellar season, still favourites to get to the finals, if they get there they will be the favorites to win... if they do that hands down gotta be him for consistency alone

Lion: Strong start, shaky mid season, strong finish. Weakest of the four teams going into the playoffs and knocking off the top regular season team and winning the whole thing as serious underdogs would be upset of the season.

The LYLE bandwagon is hitting me a little too hard here, the trash talk has been nonsense period. Mountain has had one of the strongest lineups since week one, anything less than a playoff spot would be a dissapointment, winning is over-achieving but a finals spot was never an impossible task. 

Like the starting lineup doesnt even need explaining really, not too many weak spots 

Nah, no disrespect to Lion, but his team had a lot of internal troubles. The whole lion & craig situation, and then you and fred, these are things Lion as a manager should deal with and make sure doesn't happen. I tell you what, JJ wouldn't allow for anyone in mountain to get into a big argument with another member of our team, I know that for sure. Of course me and Toast always trolled each other, but that was just for fun and jokes. Pretty sure he also went dead for a while, I didn't see him login at all.

He does give good encouragement and raises moral with some nice speeches though(based on last season).

3 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Nah, no disrespect to Lion, but his team had a lot of internal troubles. The whole lion & craig situation, and then you and fred, these are things Lion as a manager should deal with and make sure doesn't happen. I tell you what, JJ wouldn't allow for anyone in mountain to get into a big argument with another member of our team, I know that for sure. Of course me and Toast always trolled each other, but that was just for fun and jokes. Pretty sure he also went dead for a while, I didn't see him login at all.

He does give good encouragement and raises moral with some nice speeches though(based on last season).

kek 

Edited by BlackJovi

1 minute ago, BlackJovi said:

lets not forget fred v pbj.. 

3 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

The whole lion & craig situation, and then you and fred

Its what happens when you sign children that nobody wants to trade for, trust me we tried to off him week 1 for an OU player so I could go into doubles but nobody was biting. Bless trading for Maekaay at mid season

Edited by DoctorPBC
6 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

Only way I think I should be an option is if I beat Jice and win in the finals too should we get there, a 3-1 record isnt bad but its only half the season... Artem has been consistent throughout the whole thing

Who else did Arte lose vs?

Let's be honest for a moment here and I'm not trying to demean or offend anyone. But doubles was pretty weak this season and there were only a couple of matches that really mattered. You managed to get a good enough win rate in those matches that mattered for you to be a solid option. Not trying to discredit Arte i'm just saying even though you haven't played as many matches so far you have good results in the more hyped matches to warrant a position on the list speculatively. ofc the future could change this.

Edited by Rendiz
Just now, Rendiz said:

Who else did Arte lose vs?

Let's be honest for a moment here and I'm not trying to demean or offend anyone. But doubles was pretty weak this season and there were only a couple of matches that really mattered. You managed to get a good enough win rate in those matches that mattered that mattered for you to be a solid option. Not trying to discredit Arte i'm just saying even though you haven't played as many matches so far you have good results in the more hyped matches to warrant a position on the list speculatively. ofc the future could change this.

I did win the unofficial salty suite twice too, only battles that matter are the ones with freds doubles dreams on the line kek

24 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

The LYLE bandwagon is hitting me a little too hard here, the trash talk has been nonsense period. Mountain has had one of the strongest lineups since week one, anything less than a playoff spot would be a dissapointment, winning is over-achieving but a finals spot was never an impossible task. 

Like the starting lineup doesnt even need explaining really, not too many weak spots 

Week One line-up:

OU: Yubell 

OU: OldMentor

UU: OverToasted

UU: SweeTforU

NU: KaynineXL

Doubles: Gypss

DPP: Inarin

ORAS: KingBowser

It was pretty good, but after the season started it was evident we had some terrible weak spots. The UU Mastah Gypss was shit at doubles, using Shiny Exegg and Machamp whenever he could. Kay couldn't handle the new NU and was 0-4. Inarin had a shaky start and then got a big win with some teambuilding help. Players weren't performing so I had to make a shit ton of changes to get to where we are now. Boys manned up though and put up with me rotating them in and out of tiers and the line-up itself. I have to apologize to the squad for putting that kind of pressure on them, but the homies did what they needed to do. 

Camyy's presence in UU was second to none to let SweeT dominate DPP. 

Bowser playing all of the top competition in our weak areas for me was clutch as fuck. 

OldMentor being able to rotate in and out of OU for Bowser was a God send.

Kaynine taking one on the chin and letting me bench him was too good (ORAS GOD THO)

Inarin being humble enough to let me bench him was OP.

Sleepy coming in off a trade and helping that ORAS spot was too good. 

Bowser playing Doubles before I could get a good doubles player was also huge. 

Fuck boys, everyone was clutch as fuck and helped in so many ways. Still ecstatic just to know we went from the bottom to the finals. We beat Lions and we came within one win of tying the Ninjas in the regular season. I think it's our time. Let's go out there and get 5 wins. 

EDIT: Also praise OldMentor for carrying OU1 throughout the season as a 2k player. Fucking boss. 

Edited by DoubleJ

Remember at the start of the season when I messaged @KaynineXL warning him that Archon was disabled and not to play him?

Turns out that wasn't strictly true. Or at least not officially yet. Do still have my suspicions. 

1 minute ago, Bluejim said:

funny how people say im the worst mid season buy, I only dueld twice you fucking plebs

Regardless considering you were the most expensive mid season buy and there hasn't been many games yet for mid season players it was basically an option between you and gazelli. Nothing personal.

Most Disappointing Buy?
BlueBreath

Best Buy?
Gary, Sparta

Team with the best Auction
Mountain

Manager of Season
Kanzo, JJ

Best midseason
Leo

Best Overall Player
KingBowser